1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Charlie Campagna

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by wlfryjr, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Thanks for the update Lyle, prayers for Charlie's continued improvement.

2. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I'm so sorry to hear this happened, but so glad to be informed. Charlie, if you're reading this, a dad and his three kids are sending positive wishes and prayers (way)northward. Here's to a recovery that's as quick as possible.

meako, Fodderwing, The Fort and 2 others like this.
  3. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thank you for the update, Lyle. Keep fighting, Charlie. You are in our prayers.

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @wlfryjr It's grand that you are able to talk to him Lyle, many of us would like to be able to but that would be too much of an imposition for our friend at a time like this. When one is ill the well wishes and good thoughts of others are precious but people visiting, calling you or constantly wanting to know how you are can itself be a great strain despite the best of intentions. The seriously ill need time and peace to gather strength which is why it is so good that you can ask after him on behalf of all of us Lyle.

More Power sent though ;):thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

Cutfinger, Magizm7, ISKRA and 9 others like this.
  5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you for the update Lyle!

OLd_gUY and knowtracks like this.
  6. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Wishing you well CC and a good recovery. Getting old sucks.

7. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    That is a looong time to be stuck in a hospital. Pulling for you Charlie! Thanks, Lyle.

8. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Prayers coming from the cornfields having just seen this unfortunate news. I am very happy to read the updates that show that Charlie is recovering.

Charlie is one of the jewels of this knife forum, a great asset to us all.

I hope you are coon-fingering blades ASAP, Waynorth!

[​IMG]

best

mqqn

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Dadpool, RDaneel, Half/Stop and 14 others like this.
  9. knowtracks

knowtracks Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks for the update Lyle !:thumbsup:
    I was lucky enough to talk to our good friend the other day as well, he is already sick of the hospital. ;)
    He told me to say Thank You to all who have been praying and pulling for him, he hasn't been able to get to a computer yet and it is makin him crazy not being able to visit the forum. Like a lot of us this place is a safe zone, a get away from the everyday world and Charlie spent some time everyday here, some days more than others. :)
    So keep trying Charlie, we're all on your side and we miss you terribly! :D
    I thought I would post up a couple of rare CC SFO's, just like our rare friend Charlie! :cool:
    Charlie.jpg
    IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG

Get well soon My Friend!! We all miss YOU!!!

Dave

10. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Thanks for the update, Dave!

11. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Nice post Dave. Good to here about Charlie’s movements. We will all enjoy the time when he can get back to his computer and be able to continue where he left off.

Russell

12. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    That's good stuff, Dave - thank you. Getting sick of the hospital is a great indicator of recovery.
    I especially enjoyed clicking on the thumbnail and seeing the smile on that kid's face and the twinkle in Charlies eyes.
    That wonderful pic speaks volumes :cool:
    OG

13. Sabercat

Sabercat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2015
    That kid lights up a room with that smile, but showed genuine concern for Charlie when I told him the news. Both of my boys have benefitted from Charlie's generosity, and rarely use their knives without asking about him.

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but what that photo doesn't show is Charlie patiently and enthusiastically answering all 1000 of Sam's questions that morning at the rendezvous. Ignoring my prompts, Sam removed each and every knife from Charlie's case to ask what each one was for, how old it was, etc. Charlie happily provided him an invaluable and unforgettable education that day.

We're all wishing you the best Charlie!

14. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    All good stuff Dave my friend :thumbsup:

But those Spears....:D That's a real tonic for Charlie or anybody:cool:

Regards, Will

Fodderwing, OLd_gUY, Sabercat and 2 others like this.
  15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Dave, thank you so much for the update my friend! Just a great post! :thumbsup: :)

16. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    AWESOME Dave, thanks for bringing Charlie to the thread:thumbsup::)

17. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Awesome Dave Matey!
    Go Charlie!

18. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I just had a lovely conversation with Joanne ( I thought I had Charlie's mobile number, but it's his house phone). Charlie is doing well, and was moved to a rehabilitation hospital a couple of days ago. He's able to move around a little more there, and take his meals in the dining room. Joanne is going to visit this afternoon. I just thought I'd pass on the news of our friend :) :thumbsup:

19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Jack. Good to know. :thumbsup:

20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the update, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I'll continue to pray for progress for Charlie, and patience for him and his family and friends! ;)

- GT