Christmas Gift Exchange

Bummer nothing from Santa, but received a pre-order from CPK so all is well!
I just checked tracking and USPS said it was still on schedule for 8:00 tonight. Hopefully it will show tonight or tomorrow. My wife was tracking a package Monday. The status changed from out for delivery to delayed. She called the post office and was told our sidewalk wasn't shoveled early enough. She asked what time the carrier was by since I had shoveled the walk before leaving to go to work at 6 that morning. I'm not sure what else was said but the package was delivered later in the day.

The postal service is terrible this time of year. I sent 3 boxes last Saturday, one is still on it’s way to California. One went to Alaska and made it in three days, one to Chicago in one day.

I checked tracking this morning:
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

That’s what mine says too. It went to Elk Grove then Chicago then back to Elk Grove (about 10 miles apart) now on the way.

Dang it, I tried to hold out, but I caved in to the voices in my head telling me to "open the package already!"
And inside were two beautifully crafted sheathes from ty_higg.:cool:
This guy does amazing work for someone so new to the craft.:eek:
Unfortunately the belt sheath doesn't fit any of my fixed blades.:(
Fortunately the slip fits a number of my pocket knives.:thumbsup:

So, what I am going to do is have a quick GAW in another thread for the belt sheath. (with Ty's blessing)
That way he'll be putting a smile on two people's faces vs just mine.:):)
Thank you again and Merry Christmas Ty and to the rest of the JK crowd.

aDZPcdb.jpg

I checked tracking this morning and today might be the day:
Checked again and it looks like the USPS bamboozled me this morning, there's a chance the final gift will be delivered tomorrow:confused:

Last edited:
I figured I am going to be pretty busy the next week or so. With that in mind, I did open my gift. I think my secret santa has had to deal with my shenanigans before, LOL.

ss2018-3.jpg

Inside, I found an excellent flashlight. Who can't use another light? Perfect, as I can't seem to find the one I keep in the garage.

ss2018-2.jpg

Hmm, some wrapped "knife-looking" shapes/ Let's see what's inside, shall we?

ss18-1.jpg

My SS sure knows my sweet spot! A great LL Bean trapper, could be Schrade or Camillus, perhaps. Next, a really cool Boker stockman with super cool advertising on it, awesome! Last, a great Schrade made Craftsman, with main blade etch still intact.

Very awesome, thanks to my secret santa for these amazing gifts!

And thanks to John for giving us a place to hang out!

Glenn

If anyone has any issues please send me an email. I genuinely appreciate everyone pitching in to make this happen.
Merry Christmas

Okay John said he's waiting till Christmas to open his gift. Has everyone else opened their gift?
I thought I could post an action pic of the Buck that mykel m mykel m generously gave me but I'm concerned it may be jinxed. I fished my favorite trout steam last weekend and only caught two. Neither was really big enough to keep. I don't know if it was the knife or my wife telling me to grab a ziploc so I could bring home a couple for dinner.

Back