Christmas Gift Exchange

I'm a little nervous about the one I sent out yesterday. it still hasn't been scanned by the USPS, even though it was dropped off before 2 PM yesterday. :(
if i don't get some tracking by the weekend, I'll be sending out a second one on Monday. (according to the receipt, it's supposed to be delivered Friday or Saturday)

USPS has been really bad again lately, at least by me. I have several inbound packages that are delayed several days to several weeks. One has been in Chicago's big sorting center since November 23rd, according to the tracking.

USPS has been very good to me, but who knows. More often than not I'm surprised that things arrive early

I'm hopeful we all get out gifts by Christmas eve

USPS has been really bad again lately, at least by me. I have several inbound packages that are delayed several days to several weeks. One has been in Chicago's big sorting center since November 23rd, according to the tracking.

I hope that is on the unusual side of things. Are they international packages or something that are being services in the US by USPS?

that's the only thing like this I've experiences this year, ordering things from New Zealand, Australia, France and German. Packages from the Australia/Tasmania/New Zealand seem to get held up the longest (weeks to months)

hope you get your package soon!!

I'll forward you (JK) the most recent update from USPS I received today

I think my gift will arrive tomorrow if it didn't today :thumbsup:

I don't mind waiting for my gift. It would be awesome if it arrived before Chanukah is over, but they've got another few days for that,

and frankly, as I consider myself a jewish first, because it's my spiritual and cultural heritage, buddhist second (that lower case b in buddhism there was intention) and Christian third (which is kinda weird, because I value a number of different strains of christianity, strains that seems to tend toward inter-religious conflict.

I see no contradiction. life is contradiction, and that's what makes human nature so relevant - life is inherently contradictory, but is both truth and illusion

mysticism, here we come!!! :cool:

anywho, that's all meant to say that I have no problem waiting till Christmas Eve, day or even later to open my gift. JK is the game master in this of course, but I'm cool whether it comes in time for Chanukah or Christmas Day/eve

then again they probably don't deliver mail those days...

so HOPEFULLY all our gifts arrive the before Xmas at the latest

BECAUSE I really want this to happen again next year, so I can get my act together with my famous rummy fruit mince and fruitcake extravaganza :cool:

I shipped and have tracking info. But I'll have to figure out the forum name of the person I shipped to (I have the Christian name and address but I'm not sure if the email included the forum name).

Indeed :)

SOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!

the knife is wonder :) what model is it? I can't figure out what the scales are made of - some sort of ebony? the sheath is perfect. I appreciate that it looks recently sharpened :thumbsup:

thank you so much again for your gift!

p.s. so much for waiting to open these bad boys :rolleyes::p

I shipped and have tracking info. But I'll have to figure out the forum name of the person I shipped to (I have the Christian name and address but I'm not sure if the email included the forum name).
Wait till Christmas to open
Don't open till Christmas wink wink nudge nudge

SOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!

the knife is wonder :) what model is it? I can't figure out what the scales are made of - some sort of ebony? the sheath is perfect. I appreciate that it looks recently sharpened :thumbsup:

I'm terrible with remembering the model names.:oops: If you post a picture John can tell you the model. But it's a neat little guy! It belonged to my dad who passed away nine summers ago (can't believe it's been that long!). He had many JKs and I will keep most of them, but he was very generous and often gifted things to friends online and offline. I like to sprinkle a few of them out to those I know will appreciate them.:)

Wait till Christmas to open

Don't open till Christmas wink wink nudge nudge

Drats, already opened!:D Very cool! I'll get a pic to post when I have decent lighting.:thumbsup: Fantastic worksmanship, btw!:eek:

SOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!

picture needed!

you, too, Rob!

I have a bit of trouble with uploading photos at the moment, but I'll try and figure something out so I can upload a picture or two of Bob' gift... gotta do it for my upcoming FF review, so might as just deal with it now

I'm terrible with remembering the model names.:oops: If you post a picture John can tell you the model. But it's a neat little guy! It belonged to my dad who passed away nine summers ago (can't believe it's been that long!). He had many JKs and I will keep most of them, but he was very generous and often gifted things to friends online and offline. I like to sprinkle a few of them out to those I know will appreciate them.:)

It's a really nifty, nice little nice. I like to more than my Fiddleback Runt in 1/16", which is saying something! :)

This knife will never, ever be sold or traded :thumbsup:

frankly though, after receiving this I'm a little sad that I didn't have time to put together the kind of gift I had intended....

hence I want a second change next yer :D

USPS says my package was delivered today!

I'm glad John isn't annoyed with me, considering I sent him a bunch of emails with USPS updates on my package

Anyone else know where their packages are in the mail/parcel service systems?

Counting down the days to Xmas :D

Last edited:
Back