Christmas Sales for 12/8 -- Pix, Cherokee Rose, AK Bowie, Kumar Reti and Huge Savings

Also Bawanna thanks for the information that there are still more of these in stock, because I might want to order another one soon. I can't believe the price I got for this knife, only 55$! Usually I think they're more expensive, but at that price I don't think I'll be able to resist ordering another one.

I just received two of them micros from stock. You dont even have to wait for DOTD to get one. Send Aunti Y an email and ask about them. She'll give ya a great deal on one and send it right out.

I believe she also has quite a few Padam Sugas as well. Just contact her, she'll give you a great price, maybe even better than a DOTD, and ship them right out.

Originally I think the first version was selling for 120 bucks and worth every penny, the first batch of the 2nd generation were priced at around 100. These posted now are just slightly not up to Auntie's standards but they are very nice and can be fixed up in most cases.

I hope to get a few more myself when I'm able. Just really great knives.

Yes i believe i paid $95 for mine. She gave me those two i just bought at $55 each as well. One was a Bakhta an another a Min. Thats almost buy one get one free:thumbup:

If you don't mind me asking Bawanna, what are the aspects of the more recently made mini bowies that are not up to Auntie's standards? I'm just interested to know what those might be so that if I need to to, like you said, I could fix them or get someone else to fix them.

The micro AK bowies produced by Bhakta (bow & arrow kami mark) are not the problem. But Bhakta had an apprentice named Min Bahadur (trident/trisul kami mark), who made some micro AK bowies that were not quite up the the expected fit and finish (he is no longer working at HI). But generally they can be cleaned up with a little additional sanding and polishing. And Min's micro AK bowies tended to have wider blades than Bhakta's, which some people find desirable. If the blade you receive has any significant problem, Yangdu is always more than willing to exchange it or offer a refund.

^^^what he said. Usually just cosmetic unfinished business. One I got the tang was just left way to long and unsightly. I just cut it off, sanded and polished and all was good.

I've found nothing wrong with the blade end of things on either. Usually the handle, the rivets or the tang.

I was actually keeping my eyes out for ones with bad handles so I could fix em up a bit and offered to do that for Auntie also.

Hate to see her lose money on a quality knife just because of a bad handle install.

Ok thanks for letting me know, luckily the one I got was made by Bhakta. Will update you when I get it, thanks again.

The last Min I got was pretty dang good handle finish and all. The first one definitely had some handle issues mainly the lines and facets weren't very uniform but a little filing and reshaping and everything was fine:D
bd593b0bec79050e75a65c358eddcb78

The scales werent laha'd on very firmly but even so I dont think it would have ever caused a problem.

Yeah that was a way too much work project I had to torture myself with. One of them things "You cant jack up the leanin' tower of pizza dummy" Ha! well anywayz i did it! Im making the scales now. My job and Christmas and 2014 kinda got in the way from finishing it but should be done soon:D

Great job Ndog! You are the man... There is something special about someone that can conceive and then create such a great piece. I would love to have one of those.

I think we could persuade him if we provide materials and throw cash at him?

Lol! Yall are too kind:thumbup: Id do it again and will. The main reason I did it was to get a list of tools I need to make the job easier for next time but i am setting up shop. I realize now why them custom knife makers ask so much money for custom folders. There really is a lot of precision machining that is almost impossible to do on your generic drill press for example. Theres really a pecking order to each task as well. Drill this before you do that kinda thing. I should have taken more notes but oh well. Its in my head. Im building a cnc benchtop router now so I can have the computer scratch out the shapes and hole locations. That should help immensely. I badly need a mill and a 2x72 belt grinder.

Back