Photos CK Edition LionSteel Bolus Clip point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ernie, I ended up getting a couple new beads today, Amazon delivers on Sundays go figure! So, I changed out the bead I had for this one, I like it quite a bit.

Here's a closeup of the pin that Lion Steel puts in for use as a lanyard attachment point.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

I also made a custom key chain with the other bead I ordered and is forsale in the Sales area

and the bobtail fob shows just outside the watch pocket;

G2

Last edited:
My friend at work that bought one of my Shufflers really liked this Bolus and said he claims dibs but I already have a fellow on IG that hit me up first if I ever get weak minded enough to sell her off.

But, I borrowed my old Shuffler to get some comparison images between the two and yep, I'm liking the differences with this new release. Overall larger, more hand filling and the blade tang is sunken when closed. The blade is wider and ground slightly thinner and the edge starts closer to the handle, which aids in more closeup cutting.

The back spring on the Shuffler is nicely rounded and more proud of the liners than the Bolus is, which I wondered why but it doesn't really take away from the folder at all.

A little bit more curve at the tip on the Bolus

Now...I know you guys and gals have some of these, feel free to add your photos to this thread when you can ;)
G2

Last edited:
Gary, the stag on your clip point is just marvelous! Like a beautiful woman, bumps in all the right places. ;) I got a Bolus with the drop point blade, and like it very much. Lots of belly for skinning, near perfect walk & talk, with beautiful ram's horn covers and that terrific stainless steel . . . a total winner! It's even ambidextrous, with a long pull on each side of the blade.

jwznHMP.jpg

sEJSn8O.jpg

Gary, the stag on your clip point is just marvelous! Like a beautiful woman, bumps in all the right places. ;) I got a Bolus with the drop point blade, and like it very much. Lots of belly for skinning, near perfect walk & talk, with beautiful ram's horn covers and that terrific stainless steel . . . a total winner! It's even ambidextrous, with a long pull on each side of the blade.

jwznHMP.jpg

sEJSn8O.jpg
I got the fever.
Ordered a clip-point in rams today!
As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Well, it's arrived. My clip-point Bolus in rams horn.
Like stag, ordering rams horn is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. I am kinda so-so on this one. Not great, but it isn't terrible either.

The knife is great. I really appreciate the fit and finish.
There is zero blade play. Zero...
Blade is centered.
This is my first Lionsteel knife, but I have a couple of Maserins so am familiar with what the Italians of Maniago can achieve. It's typically first-rate. A step above GEC.

The blade is razor sharp. The pull is about perfect: a 5-6 in my opinion.
Love the half stops. The walk is awesome. The talk is good upon opening, but different upon closure. That's because of the stop pin. This resonates differently than a traditional kick. It's a bit duller sounding. If you have an A.G. Russell knife from China with a stop pin you'll know what I mean.

The weight is surprisingly light. And the M390 blade steel is nice. No worries about maintenance. A refreshing change from my collection of 1095.

All in all, this knife is a winner. The size is about perfect for me, blade and handle. The handle shape is very good in the hand. Mike has created a unique and awesome slipjoint. I plan on EDC-ing it for a while. I hope we continue to see more CK exclusives from Italy.

Size comparison with trapper and mini trapper

full
full
full
full

Well, it's arrived. My clip-point Bolus in rams horn.
Like stag, ordering rams horn is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. I am kinda so-so on this one.
Not great, but it isn't terrible either.

Not great, but it isn't terrible either. :eek: It beautiful if you ever decide it's terrible, I'll send you my address.

This clip point is so appealing. I was on the fence about the handle, but it sounds like it is a success too. I'm having a hard time resisting (technically, I haven't since I'm trying to move one knife out to make room for one of these). I hope to get one sometime, but it may take awhile.

... Not great, but it isn't terrible either.
...All in all, this knife is a winner. The size is about perfect for me, blade and handle. The handle shape is very good in the hand. Mike has created a unique and awesome slipjoint. I plan on EDC-ing it for a while. I hope we continue to see more CK exclusives from Italy.

your right not so great
please send it to me quickly
waste no time just send

I have requested all simple blonde slabs going forward so it's not such a crap shoot ;)
OH NO!!! :eek::eek::eek:;)

I've been on the fence for awhile with the Lionsteel but this thread pushed me over the edge. Just ordered a rams horn drop point and selected "surprise me" on the request for dark or light colored horn. I hope they pick me out a pretty one!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back