Photos CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO you know that it meant, your penis is painful?

Whoops my bad, think this is what tried to say.

我喜欢金枪鱼,我的蛇很大。

I'll stfu now.:D Since can't see op pics don't have an opinion on the matter. I'm sure Busse will assist you in making you happy tho.

我喜欢金枪鱼,我的蛇很大。

I'll stfu now.:D Since can't see op pics don't have an opinion on the matter. I'm sure Busse will assist you in making you happy tho.
thanks bro, I already send email to their customer service, I dont know i should contact them first when i creat this thread.

我喜欢金枪鱼,我的蛇很大。

"I like tuna, my snake is very big."
Whaaaaa?! :eek:

Here's what happened:

About half a year ago, I asked my friend LIN on BF to book two knives from Busse for me, one Hog Gemini and one Fmv14. Now after about half-year's wait they finally ariived. For Hog gemini, I'm no problem with it and I love it, it's been nicely made and high quality. But there are some quality problems in fmv14, I don't know if you called these problems serious, is it common in every Fmv14? Anyway, I'm disappointed with my fmv14, especially after halfyear's wait and I used to think that Busse's products represented high quality.

The first problem is the uncoordinated grind/finish of the blade. There is a clear and shinny area in the blade, you can see in pics below, which makes the whole knife look uncoordinated. seems like this shinny area is been poilshed, maybe the man made this knife think it is a custom shop version at first and he begin to polish the blade, then someone stopped him......
The second problem is that there are many small pieces of metal on the blade, which feel rough when you touch the blade and look obvious. I guess maybe it was metal in liquid form that sprayed on the knife during forging. These little metal lumps only in oneside of the blade.
The third problem is that every screw on the handle is crooked and crudely made. This is the problem that let me really unacceptable, you can see there is an obvious gap between the screw and the handle, every screw are crooked. the pics I take maybe unclearly, but they are easily seen by naked eye.
The forth problem is there are some rust marks on the tail of the handle. also can obviously see in pics. maybe you can say it is caused in transportation, but my Hog gemini send along with Fmv14 does not have any rust.

I'm surprised that Busse's products have such problems and they allowed such products leave the factory. I swear I haven't used my fmv14 since I received it, and I don't believe these problems can be caused by using. Why dose hog Gemini sent long with it not have these problems? I am not satisfied with this shopping experience. In fact, this is my first time to buy knives from Busse. I hope I live in the US so that I can send it back to Busse. Maybe they can take care of me. But I'm not. In my country, for legal reasons, it's extremly difficult to bring knives in or out, my friend can bring the knife in for me, but it is impossible for me to send it out.

I bought a lot of knives in US and never had one knife got so many problems. A knife at this price shouldn't have these problems. I feel sad this time. Maybe you will tell me that these are common problems and that's how things works here, but the problem is common can not justify the existence of the problems, I hope that Busse can improve product quality in the future.

All the problems with my Fmv14 are shows in my pics attached(I use Flickr to upload my pics). If you can not see them I can send them to you. I'm not sure if I can leave a link to the website of my album in this thread.... I'm not exaggerating, I'm just telling the truth. I wonder if any Busse staff can see this thread, I want to hear what they will say about it.
dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

I see no pics and no way am I clicking on anything from china as it probably has a virus or lead. Sometimes things get through that should not. However, where was your friend in all this. You just got these knives? I have had mine for about 6 months. So where were those knives sitting for half a year? Did your buddy have them for half a year? or where they in a chinese wharehouse collecting Rust? I have never seen rust come directly from Busse. I have literally bought hundreds of Busses. Not a one with Rust. But if it did, did your friend advise you to contact them first or maybe himself doing it? just wondering. Then, you judge Busse off of one transaction? seriously.

I see no pics and no way am I clicking on anything from china as it probably has a virus or lead. Sometimes things get through that should not. However, where was your friend in all this. You just got these knives? I have had mine for about 6 months. So where were those knives sitting for half a year? Did your buddy have them for half a year? or where they in a chinese wharehouse collecting Rust? I have never seen rust come directly from Busse. I have literally bought hundreds of Busses. Not a one with Rust. But if it did, did your friend advise you to contact them first or maybe himself doing it? just wondering. Then, you judge Busse off of one transaction? seriously.
I'm sorry you can't see my pics, but some people see them without problems, I'm new to this forums so I'm not good at upload my pics. I have contact LIN and tell her my problems when I got my knife at first time, I don't know why cost so long to receive these knives, but I asked some people in my country that booked busse knives from proxy, most of them wait a long time like me. as you mentioned the rust, yes it is possible that is caused by other reasons. when I received the package, its remained original factory package, no trace shows they are unpacked by anyone. I must make myself clear that I did not judge Busse for this one case, I didn't say any bad words to Busse in this thread, like I mentioned before, I didn't see the thread about customer service so I created this thread directly. I also think I, as a customer, have right to complain if I get a product with quality problems. Dude, you can tell me your email and I will send my pics to you, then you'll know I'm not exaggerating.

DANG! I didn't think about right-clicking on those image links, Cobalt! ARGH!

But, they did turn out to just be flickr.com image links. But anyway....

I will say that I have received one knife directly from Busse that had some slight red rusting, inside the lanyard hole at the butt end of the knife. This was my HOG Badger in BIG DC BB (or whatever the correct term is) finish. I never thought anything of it. But, just saying, it can happen. Nobody's perfect.

I must make myself clear that I did not judge Busse for this one case, I didn't say any bad words to Busse in this thread, like I mentioned before, I didn't see the thread about customer service so I created this thread directly. I also think I, as a customer, have right to complain if I get a product with quality problems. Dude, you can tell me your email and I will send my pics to you, then you'll know I'm not exaggerating.

So, it is possible that rust developed inside the box since it is all paper and humidity can be a problem. The other issues may be a legitimate problem from the factory, and they need to repair that. However, if you read your own post let me show you where you judge, when you say you don't. I bolded your comments so we are clear what I have a problem with. You judged busse on one knife experience. If you do not understand your own post then maybe you should not post it.

I'm surprised that Busse's products have such problems and they allowed such products leave the factory. I swear I haven't used my fmv14 since I received it, and I don't believe these problems can be caused by using. Why dose hog Gemini sent long with it not have these problems? I am not satisfied with this shopping experience. In fact, this is my first time to buy knives from Busse. I hope I live in the US so that I can send it back to Busse. Maybe they can take care of me. But I'm not. In my country, for legal reasons, it's extremly difficult to bring knives in or out, my friend can bring the knife in for me, but it is impossible for me to send it out.

I bought a lot of knives in US and never had one knife got so many problems. A knife at this price shouldn't have these problems. I feel sad this time. Maybe you will tell me that these are common problems and that's how things works here, but the problem is common can not justify the existence of the problems, I hope that Busse can improve product quality in the future.

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

But lets say you have a small business in china, a store. And lets say that I bought something from the store and it broke the next day. Then say that instead of going to you first to get it replaced, I went and stood outside your store with a big sign that says, "I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE AT THIS STORE. ITEM BROKE. MAYBE PEOPLE TELL ME IT IS NORMAL TO SELL BROKEN STUFF AT THIS STORE. " How would you like that. Do you want someone to do that to you?

DANG! I didn't think about right-clicking on those image links, Cobalt! ARGH!

But, they did turn out to just be flickr.com image links. But anyway....

I will say that I have received one knife directly from Busse that had some slight red rusting, inside the lanyard hole at the butt end of the knife. This was my HOG Badger in BIG DC BB (or whatever the correct term is) finish. I never thought anything of it. But, just saying, it can happen. Nobody's perfect.
Congratulations, you've found the right way, I can use my computer to see my pics without problems. I don't know if this forums allow me to put links on the thread, I don't want break any rules here.

Congratulations, you've found the right way, I can use my computer to see my pics without problems. I don't know if this forums allow me to put links on the thread, I don't want break any rules here.
You can link to photos/albums but I use a photo resizer at 25% on my Galaxy S8 Active and I can upload 10 pics per post.

ok, I just looked at your pics. I did not see the rust, but maybe you had already removed it. The blade is uncoated comp finish right? So comp finish is not perfect. Busse has done this for us because most of us prefer it to coatings. The blade is not a perfect satin finish. I am not sure you understand what competition finish is, but I am pretty sure all of these were comp finish and they had flaws as they were not finished to a perfect satin finish which would have dramatically increased the price of the knife.

ok, I just looked at your pics. I did not see the rust, but maybe you had already removed it. The blade is uncoated comp finish right? So comp finish is not perfect. Busse has done this for us because most of us prefer it to coatings. The blade is not a perfect satin finish. I am not sure you understand what competition finish is, but I am pretty sure all of these were comp finish and they had flaws as they were not finished to a perfect satin finish which would have dramatically increased the price of the knife.
I know what competition finish is. the Hog gemini I received along with this fmv14 is competition finish too, and it has not show any problems I mentioned before. these marks is obviously if you look with naked eye. but if you say it's normal, then I have nothing to say. Everyone speaks in different ways, I'm just talking about this product.

Competition finish is often misunderstood by those new to Busse. It is essentially a Combat Grade blade (coated) without the coating and the decarb removed.

Satin Finish is usually at least $100 more and on the FMV14 would likely have been $250+ more because of the CBT (has there ever been a satin CBT blade?) and size.

The irregularities from the tooling create opportunities for rust so a nice mineral oil or frog lube is recommended to keep it pristine. Some of the guys on this forum have "Satinized" comp finished blades to minimize the risk and dress them up.

This Sarsquatch I had started as a Competition Finish but was given the Satin treatment by one of the members here.
Resizer_15532870600284.jpg

Yes, in the past people who did not understand what comp finish was, complained and Busse took the option away from us. Comp finish has flaws. That is the way it is. Some have more than others. So you did not understand that it comes with the flaws.

Man, theres nothing more beautiful than a hand applied Satin Busse from the Custom Shop. Imo, anyways. But, I like the Competition Finish better to be honest.

I will admit, I was one who questioned/ complained about comp finish recently, bot knowing it was a rougher finish and was't designed to be perfectly symmetrical and pretty (CBT made grind marks look a fair bit different on each side).

I think this is something that could be better deacribed on busse's site, somewhere in the coating/blade finish options page. Aimilar to DC (didn't know it meant double cut or what that was either). One of the pluses and minuses of having so many options is not knowing what some of those options are and sometimes it can be tricky to find it. Kind of an example, on the recent hell razor release, someones asked about the intended purpose of the butt/skull checker on the knife but no resposes given.

So, I suspect there to be confusion on things like comp finish until there is easy to find info out there somewhere. I think the only thing harder to find, for a noob at least, are the specs of an older model.

Having said all that, it's not a small feat to offer so many knives in so many options at such a quality with some of the feats of engineering these appear to have. And thus, what I think you're paying for when you get a Busse or kin (would love to see more kin soon, TBH).

so how do you think about the screw problems
I think that you have every right to be disappointed in the handle tubes not being pressed in fully. I personally had one knife come second hand that had a crooked tube i just put a metal rod through it and tweeked it straight then clamped it tight with a vice and 2 ball bearings. I understand that you shouldn't have to do that yourself after paying full price for a new knife but it beats dealing with customs and the hassle of shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back