Coffee

I have heard so many good things about French press, I wanted to try it. No idea how to use one, but figure I’ll figure it out. Any tips would be surely appreciated though!

The better your grinder, the less "mud" you'll get in your coffee when using a French press. The particulates in presspot coffee is one of the things that gives it more "mouthfeel".

I have heard so many good things about French press, I wanted to try it. No idea how to use one, but figure I’ll figure it out. Any tips would be surely appreciated though!

I use a Stanley french press when camping. I had one for the house, but being the only coffee drinker I didn't use it much.

I'm pretty smitten with the clever dripper. I might buy an aeropress too. John raves about his.

For larger store bought brands I'm all about Peet's! The Big Bang variety is awesome. Last grocery trip was to a store that didn't have Peet's, and I settled for Pike's Place by Starbucks (I hadn't tried it for a while) ...big mistake. Peet's makes way better roasts. :thumbsup:

My package arrived from Dan yesterday! :cool: Some good homeroast in there! :D

IMG_2786.jpg

The UKPK was a perfect choice, not a knife I've ever tried! Pretty impressed. :thumbsup:

IMG_20180728_143032_809.jpg

My package arrived from Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson yesterday. Pleasantly surprised by the WE and enjoying the City Girl this morning.

I tried many expensive/fresh coffees to replicate the typical coffee I experienced in Italy and Austria to no avail. I gave up after 7 years, and now just use Maxell House in a dripper... and like it.

Back