Coffee

I have been mixing a bunch of different beans together seeing what works. It amazes me that you can put two roast that are wonderful by themselves — but together they are terrible.

It amazes me that you can put two roast that are wonderful by themselves — but together they are terrible.

And it works the other way around too! Two not-so-great ones can blend beautifully!

Fall is most definitely in the air boys! :) Snow forecast in much of the Colorado mountains above 8000' Monday/Tuesday, and Denver may even get a bit on Monday night too.

IMG_3105.jpg

Busse custom shop SAR 3 with jigged bone scales. :cool:

Fall is most definitely in the air boys! :) Snow forecast in much of the Colorado mountains above 8000' Monday/Tuesday, and Denver may even get a bit on Monday night too.

I am more than ready for it. We keep getting a tease of nice weather for a few days and then it goes back up to the 80's and 90's.:(

Nice lookin' Busse there also.:thumbsup:

I need to roast some coffee to take while hunting over the weekend. Don't know if I could stand the Maxwell House that has been in the fridge up there for at least a year now.

I am more than ready for it. We keep getting a tease of nice weather for a few days and then it goes back up to the 80's and 90's.:(

I need to roast some coffee to take while hunting over the weekend. Don't know if I could stand the Maxwell House that has been in the fridge up there for at least a year now.

I'm ready too! We've had a lot of 80+ degree days the past few weeks, well above seasonal. What are you going hunting for? ETA - Thanks for the reminder, I was going to roast some tonight too. ETA2 - Thanks for the compliment on the knife! I'm a sucker for jigged bone, and this is one of the few Busse to have it. Love it!

What are you going hunting for? ETA - Thanks for the reminder, I was going to roast some tonight too.
It's deer and turkey archery season now. Either would be fine with me. An archery permit here is two any deer tags plus two turkey tags, but you can only take one "antlered deer" before firearm season.

It's deer and turkey archery season now. Either would be fine with me. An archery permit here is two any deer tags plus two turkey tags, but you can only take one "antlered deer" before firearm season.

Ah, cool. Our deer/elk specific archery season ended a couple weeks ago (I got a small doe, there's pics on the Busse forum if you care to see it).

However, you can still hunt them with a bow while on a rifle tag (but you have to wear orange like if you had a rifle). Fall Turkey (not archery specific) ends Sunday. I have a tag, but not much hope of seeing one while I'm out there. At $15, I got it as a "just in case I happen to see one" while I'm out hunting other stuff with the bow. I have a doe tag until the end of November, and a buck tag that starts in a couple weeks and runs for a month. My hunt/fish club property where I hunt only allows us to use a bow, no firearms allowed for hunting, so a lot of us hunt on rifle tags after archery season (but still have to wear orange while doing so, unfortunately).

Our archery season runs from Sep to Jan and it's overlapped with the various firearm portions. You have to wear orange during the youth hunt weekends and firearms deer season even when using a bow, but our terrain here is quite a bit different than the more spacious areas out west so it doesn't bother me much. The buck I got last year was during one of the youth weekends while wearing orange. I think he was paying more attention to the does he was following than me.:D

Back to the actual thread topic:

Here's some of the Colombian beans that I roasted tonight. The thing I really like about them is how versatile they are for however light or dark you want the roast to be. Some other types only turn out good one way or the other. Doesn't hurt that they usually aren't too expensive either.

Colombians (and Brazilians) are generally mellow enough to do well at almost all roast levels. Many good espresso blends are based on them for this very reason. :thumbsup:

I was planning to roast, and started getting stuff together, and the next thing I know, it was raining. D'oh! :mad:

You guys are lucky! Probably no hunting for me this year. I will live through you guys!
C204659D-727A-402E-9581-2C29ED202C2D.jpeg

Lol, 80s and 90s IS nice weather here.

20181018-142848.jpg

Went to a new-to-me coffee shop in Abilene today. Had a nice cappuccino and picked a pound of their "Highlander Grogg" blend from Dark Canyon. Can't wait to try some.

I know it is really early to start this, but it always sneaks up on me. Me and TLE we’re discussing the Secret Santa exchange for this year. It is almost “that time”. So if you want to play let’s think of some new rules or a twist to the game for this year. Of course coffee and knives should be included. Come up with some ideas. I will start a sign up list after Halloween.

It is now November and we need to get the ball rolling.

This is the official Secret Santa sign up. Same rules as always. Coffee, knives, Christmas!! If you want in just post or PM me!!

Monofletch
TLE Sharp
DannyP
Y’shua
joeldworkin307

Last edited:
This is the official Secret Santa sign up. Same rules as always. Coffee, knives, Christmas!! If you want in just post or PM me!!

Monofletch
TLE Sharp
dannyp dannyp
@Y’shua
@joeldworkin307
@Ryan Thompson ?

Same rules as always. Coffee/knives Secret Santa style. Only expect about $50 value. If you go over you will have my name automatically!! You will not know who has your name. I will PM /text/email an address to you. The drawing will be Thanksgiving evening. Box must be received by Dec. 21. No opening until the 24th!!!

Last edited:
Back