Cold Steel panic buy thread

Just placed an order for a 15" Torpedo. I've been thinking of buying one since they first came out, so it's about time. Next on my radar are Battle Stars.
I thought about those torpedo's a few times to toss at rabbits. But it was hard enough to hit them in the head with a .22 at times. Probably fun to toss though.:thumbsup:

All of these arrived within the past 2 weeks, got really lucky with the 4Max which I found locally right here in town via local classifieds. Great price on it! I've gotta blame Zephyr and Wvtalkis for all their great pics for the new CS gateway drugs.

ZAuBKdH.jpg

All of these arrived within the past 2 weeks, got really lucky with the 4Max which I found locally right here in town via local classifieds. Great price on it! I've gotta blame Zephyr and Wvtalkis for all their great pics for the new CS gateway drugs.

ZAuBKdH.jpg
Cool ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last two especially . :D Happy grin for you , but a little green (with envy) .

I sorta regret letting the 4Max slip away when it was relatively cheap , and never got any "fancy" model Espadas , either . :(

Got rid of Medium Luzon, very nice but not enough to keep it.
Got rid of Lawman, too thin handle. Not comfortable.
Got rid of 1911, okay, but nothing more.

Suddenly Pro Lite Clip Point became available at one store in my country, so decided to grab it. Had blue tanto once, had Working Man green, the handle should be better than CS LM (at least for me), so this one should stay finally forever (fingers crossed ;-)).

Managed to find 4 Battle Stars for sale and bought them. A totally senseless purchase, right up there with my Torpedo, my Indian War Club, and my CS Cricket Bat. But at least I'm ready for the next Zombie Apocalypse. After all, we are talking about CS panic buys!

I've got a back up Frenzy on order. Too bad that fantastic design was disco'd. Also drop point Voyagers in both sizes on the way.

20210519-165644.jpg

What irritates me the most about knives is when they are too thin in the "handle". This was the case with Lawman, Code 4 (it was thin, but I returned it because my copy had screwed up mechanics, and the drop point did not fit me well, the cutouts for fingers crushed instead of helping). The Air Lite is probably even thinner, and I do not feel discomfort in the grip like in the other two. I do not know what it depends on. It is also not the most comfortable knife to grip, but there is no tragedy. The OEM clip, which reminds me of a Kershaw, does not feel it at all, does not hurt, and the shine suits me better than some conversion made I've seen like stonewash etc. The fact is it's profile is too low, but this is a CS so you could expect that. It will have to be bent. Fortunately, in jeans I have two pockets on each side, so in the one with less material it jumps without a problem ;P The knife came sharp but not shaving. All it takes is a few strokes on the skin and it gets better immediately. My copy is centered on the point, it can be fired from the thumb stud, it is a bit more difficult to fold it, because the blade does not fall under its weight, but with one hand you can still close it. I'm talking about the factory pivot twist. The thumb stud they put in it is very cool, it feels slippery when you touch it, but when you open the knife your finger sticks well. Overall, the size of the Air Lite is roughly the size of a large Honey Badger or Ultratech.

20210519-165644.jpg

What irritates me the most about knives is when they are too thin in the "handle". This was the case with Lawman, Code 4 (it was thin, but I returned it because my copy had screwed up mechanics, and the drop point did not fit me well, the cutouts for fingers crushed instead of helping). The Air Lite is probably even thinner, and I do not feel discomfort in the grip like in the other two. I do not know what it depends on. It is also not the most comfortable knife to grip, but there is no tragedy. The OEM clip, which reminds me of a Kershaw, does not feel it at all, does not hurt, and the shine suits me better than some conversion made I've seen like stonewash etc. The fact is it's profile is too low, but this is a CS so you could expect that. It will have to be bent. Fortunately, in jeans I have two pockets on each side, so in the one with less material it jumps without a problem ;P The knife came sharp but not shaving. All it takes is a few strokes on the skin and it gets better immediately. My copy is centered on the point, it can be fired from the thumb stud, it is a bit more difficult to fold it, because the blade does not fall under its weight, but with one hand you can still close it. I'm talking about the factory pivot twist. The thumb stud they put in it is very cool, it feels slippery when you touch it, but when you open the knife your finger sticks well. Overall, the size of the Air Lite is roughly the size of a large Honey Badger or Ultratech.
That's why I like liners and scales, also like the added heft, think I am in the minority here judging by offering from major manufacturers.

The lawmen will be my edc as it’s perfect in size for work. I love that dam knife. The voyagers are way more legit feeling than I expected when I bought them. In fact I bought one than was so impressed I ordered the second one the same day I got the first one. Lol.

Great pick-up on the 4 MAX, Wasatch. That Espada rocks the house! Wish, I would have snagged-one when I had the chance, along with a Black Rhino. I've been contemplating a 4 MAX Elite, I must be nuts. :p I'll bite for one at around $300 bucks, if the price comes down.

Last edited:
Back