Combatchet Proto WIP

Any luck yet?? I am wondering if someone snaged it... (our mail goes on military aircraft some of the time...)

Any Luck?? If it hasn't made it there by now, I am sure that it was either stolen or lost in route... I will try and get another one on the way this week...

Frank B

Rick,

This is a beautiful tomahawk. It incorporates all the features I would want in a combat tool.

Dave,I received good suggestions throughout the design process.I stripped it down for strickly breaching use.It's evolved a little more off the thread,Going to have 4 waterjet cut soon.:)

Rick,

It has all the features that make it great for anti-personnel use.

Dave,I'm thinking It will see more utilitarian usage,But has the quickness in case of CQC.I lengthened the design to 15".The sheath design is simple but effective securing a edged tool in modes of transport.With the single side release buckle,Quick deployment is good.Overall this tool should serve useful in the field of operations.:)

Ok everyone,The is the final CAD design of the Combatchet.

I decided after a certain point in designing this breatching tool on this thread to do some off the thread design changes.

Wanted to share the final design,Which is a culmination of peoples input involved.:thumbup:

Thanks,Everyone.This design has evolved into something special.When I'm asked how I came to this design,With help from many views & suggestions from friends & forum members! :D

I'll be posting waterjet blanks soon as I get back from Blade.

I'm excited about Blade,I'm really amping about getting this design rolling!:)

Specs are: .300 S-7
16.35" OAL
Field removable scales w/ 8-32 stainless phillips flat head screws.
Molle compatible kydex scabbard w/ removable molle mounting plate.
Parkerized/Dura-Coat finish.

Attachments

• Combatchet Complete.jpg
    Combatchet Complete.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 51
Hey Rick, don't know if you are still working on this... I dropped out of civilization for a bit.

How did it come out? (I never did get around to sending that 2nd set of TAC gear... still want/need it??)

Back