Combatchet Proto WIP

I'm nearing the end of the CAD drawing.This is alot of damn work!:D

A few subtle changes.

A little more hook to the beard profile.
Smoothened the top spike profile.
Moved lanyard hole nearer to the end of the handle.
A branded or waterjet cutout logo on head sheath.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 026.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 026.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 39
Hello, this is the CAD Police. You are to cease all CAD drawings as of now because of mental overload.:confused: .... Good work Rick.:thumbup:

My insanity continues.:D
I decided to incorporate a interchangable G-10 scales,Also a option to cobra paracord wrap setup.

After looking at other tactical axes,I decided to lengthen the spike & scabbard.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 027.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 027.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 24
Just a thought. Wouldn't one retention strap hold well enough to accomplish the job? The sheath is kydex and form fitted so the ax shouldn't pivot out of it with the strap in place. If you were worried about it not holding too well with only one strap, maybe put a rivet below the tip of the spike and just use the front strap. The ax would be removed by undoing the strap and pivoting the handle down and slightly to the rear.

Like I say, just a thought.

Paul

Just a thought. Wouldn't one retention strap hold well enough to accomplish the job? The sheath is kydex and form fitted so the ax shouldn't pivot out of it with the strap in place. If you were worried about it not holding too well with only one strap, maybe put a rivet below the tip of the spike and just use the front strap. The ax would be removed by undoing the strap and pivoting the handle down and slightly to the rear.

Like I say, just a thought.

Paul

Moose57,I believe you are right,One retention strap should work fine.:thumbup:

After my discussion with Ryan johnson @ RMJ Tactical,2 malice clips would be more secure than one.He prefers malice clips over molle locks in this design.
The screw spacing on malice clips,molle locks is 3/4" on center,The platform has 3/4" spacing vertically.
horizonal spacing is 1-1/2".
Also the cutaway on the handle for the paracord wrapping would leave a part of the G-10 vunerable to damage,Now flush profile to handle.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 028.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 028.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 16
Scaled the quick release retention strap,1/2" strap width.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 029.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 029.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 6
The retention strap location centered.Less likely to interfere with malice clips.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 031.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 031.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 9
This platform will allow 2 malice clips to be mounted vertically or horizonally.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 033.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 033.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 5
Scaled grommets to drawing.

Lengthened head slightly.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 034.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 034.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 7
Frank,I plan on making a few different scale protos to test for weight balance,footprint.Compact carry is important,Less space on vest or pack.:D
Can't wait to receive that molle vest.:thumbup:This design is officially finished!:DHopefully there won't be any drastic changes until I have one finished & tested.:confused:I want to thank everyone that contributed input in this design process.:thumbup:

Finishing up with the last touches.:D

Lengthened beard edge.
Illustrated flat grinds on spike.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 037.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 037.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 14
I was thinking the edges of the handle would be subjected to impact abuse,I shadowboxed the scales to lessen the damage to G-10 scales edges.

I radiused the beard point slightly.My thinking,Chisel type edge geometry.
I'll proto one with the point,One with radised point.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 038.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 038.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 13
Back