Combatchet Proto WIP

Another suggestion,Concern regarding lack of material at finger ring area.Due to hard abuse that may be a wink link.Making last minute design decisions.:confused:Finger ring not neccesary.IMO.Also add mass where you would want it,The head.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final 001.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final 001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
I realized the head sheath retention strap would have obstructed the use of seat belt cutter.This should work better.:D

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final 002.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final 002.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
After removing finger ring,No need for traction notches on the underside of head.:)

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final 003.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final 003.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 15
Keith,It serves as a area the kydex is molded in the hole slightly to index the head to the sheath.Sorta detent.:)

Simplifiying the sheath without spine & carry box.Now sheathing attachment,I'll have a universal cavity molded in kydex the area of the attachment.I think.The design has come to this configuration.I like the spine idea,I'll make a proto to test anyway

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 15
To further simplify the sheath,I opted to remove strapping fixture.
A suggestion was made concerning the comfort of the traction notches on handle,Traction notches on scales only.
Moved hole for head sheath detent.
Moved oxygen wrench slot down slightly.:D

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 003.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 003.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 13
After looking at handle length,Lengthened handle & moved handle scales.
Added length in handle should provide better leverage when chopping.:D

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 004.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 004.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 18
I modified the spike.Deleted recurve spike,Streamline the amount of attachments.

Tweaked beard edge & sheath

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 005.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 005.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 17
I am liking the simplifications. Maybe you could have one scale longer than the other so that you can hold it nicely further down and still be able to pry?

Ok,lengthened handle.
Moved holes & slot.added 1 more hole.
Moved handle serrations.
Beefed up neck area.
Tweaked on the seat belt cutter.
I see the end coming near!Now you can see what goes into the CAD design process,:eek:But well worth the work.:D

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 006.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 006.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 14
Frank,Would you recommend cinch straps over snap straps?Cinch straps would secure it tighter for carry or transport.What do you think?:confused:

Needed to draw up 1/4-20 Stainless hex head cap screws to check fit for attachments.

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 008.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 008.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 9
Down to small changes.

Added 2 locations for possible TekLok at front of head sheath.Chicago screws 1" on center.
Vertical & horizonal oxygen wrench slots on end near pry bar.
Profiled the wire breaker similar to a skeleton key hole.

Waiting on a Molle vest,Get a look at making rig Molle compatible.:D

Attachments

• Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 009.jpg
    Combatchet Fixed Design Final Draft 009.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 19
If you do use cinch straps, use a quick release buckle in order to make it easy to get at if needed...

Molle gear should be in the mail in the next day or two!!

Frank B

Frank,I think a nylon strap with snap should be secure enough.I'm researching strapping materials.Soon as I get my hands on that molle vest,I can make it compatible.:DChecked with Crucible on S-7,I'm still not sure if I should go up to 3/8"(.375) thick.1/4" or 3/8"?:confused:Would 3/8" material be overkill & add unneccesary weight?

3/8" sounds heavy. Maybe you could waterjet cut the handle to be thinner than the head :D

Back