• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

companies with horrible management and great owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

first alchemy

BANNED
Before I get started. I apologize for the rants. First, management for microtech knives is unorganized, takes things personally and is flat out disrespectful. Iim not sure how Tony Marfione would feel about this but if I was the owner... I would be pissed! I've searched the web, can't find his contact info :(

When this gets to the right subforum, you might want to calmly give some details if you mant any respect.

Details of your specific complaint are needed.

IBTL, or the move to the GB&U, or the move to W&C.

I had issues with a crosshair knife while do doing some simple test for a future recorded review. The tip of the knife snapped while doing some light prying in hard wood. I sent the knife in for warranty. Contents were lost during shipping and management has been horrible to deal with. My first call, I spoke to salesman by the name of Mark Stilts. He was highly disrespectful. He actually cursed me out for a good 30 seconds. Yes... Cursed me out. I called by to speak to someone higher up in command and they apologized for his actions. 2 days later I received a forced apology from Mr. Stilts. I was also told that he was suspended for 3 days. Hmmm... That was a lie. I had 4 different people call microtech over the next week and spoke to him directly each time. I didn't call them out on it because I wanted my knife repaired. I sent the knife in. 10 days later, I get a call from the officer manager telling me that there was no knife in the returned shipping box! Now I'm being told that I'm a manipulator and I'm just looking to fight with someone on the phone. I'm highly frustrated with all if this. And to too things off... The person that created the return shipping label for microtech didn't provide a declared value. I've been told all day that I'm the shipper and I have to deal with the shipping company. Well... Their wrong again. They are the shipper because they used their account t to create and may for the return shipping. They refuse to send pictures of the shipping box and are very disrespectful.

your knife got lifted by someone in the delivery chain that knows what Microtech is by name or and by address. Hell of a situation. If I cussed out a customer I would lose my job

your knife got lifted by someone in the delivery chain that knows what Microtech is by name or and by address. Hell of a situation. If I cussed out a customer I would lose my job

He cursed me out pretty good. His only disciplinary action was a forced apology via email. I think this will be my first and only purchase from this company again. The staff are very disrespectful.

Sadly, the art of customer service is definitely in the decline. And not just in knife makers, but across the board.

There are a few knife companies here that do have very good customer service so it is refreshing to read the positive side as well.

Sorry to hear of your frustration, but I'm guessing you're pretty much out of luck. One thing I've done in the past with a business was, I searched till I found the name of a VP. I drafted an accurate, but still respectful letter. detailing what happened. I mailed it with signature confirmation so I would know who got this letter. The person I wrote to actually did take steps and corrected the issue I was having. Perhaps something like that is worth a try.

Sadly, the art of customer service is definitely in the decline. And not just in knife makers, but across the board.

There are a few knife companies here that do have very good customer service so it is refreshing to read the positive side as well.

Sorry to hear of your frustration, but I'm guessing you're pretty much out of luck. One thing I've done in the past with a business was, I searched till I found the name of a VP. I drafted an accurate, but still respectful letter. detailing what happened. I mailed it with signature confirmation so I would know who got this letter. The person I wrote to actually did take steps and corrected the issue I was having. Perhaps something like that is worth a try.

I would love to do this but I can't find out who is chain of command for microtech. All I know is tony and his son are co owners. The staff told me that the person I was dealing with is the highest just below the owner. Hard to believe but if true... Not impressed at all with the company.

I had issues with a crosshair knife while do doing some simple test for a future recorded review. The tip of the knife snapped while doing some light prying in hard wood. I sent the knife in for warranty. Contents were lost during shipping and management has been horrible to deal with. My first call, I spoke to salesman by the name of Mark Stilts. He was highly disrespectful. He actually cursed me out for a good 30 seconds. Yes... Cursed me out. I called by to speak to someone higher up in command and they apologized for his actions. 2 days later I received a forced apology from Mr. Stilts. I was also told that he was suspended for 3 days. Hmmm... That was a lie. I had 4 different people call microtech over the next week and spoke to him directly each time. I didn't call them out on it because I wanted my knife repaired. I sent the knife in. 10 days later, I get a call from the officer manager telling me that there was no knife in the returned shipping box! Now I'm being told that I'm a manipulator and I'm just looking to fight with someone on the phone. I'm highly frustrated with all if this. And to too things off... The person that created the return shipping label for microtech didn't provide a declared value. I've been told all day that I'm the shipper and I have to deal with the shipping company. Well... Their wrong again. They are the shipper because they used their account t to create and may for the return shipping. They refuse to send pictures of the shipping box and are very disrespectful.

I am sorry to hear about your problem with Microsoft Microtech! As long as I've been around Bladeforums, it has been like that. Great knives, poor interaction with customers, long and unsatisfactory repair service.I have a few ProTechs, bought one at Blade, a beautiful little auto called the Duke. They make fine autos, but have a completely different reputation for service, taking care of their customers.

Last edited:
I sent them a knife for repair as well and they claimed that there was no knife in the box when it arrived...

As much as I may like some of their new stuff coming out I am going to do my best to resist doing business with them ever again.

In fairness though...the art of being a good, fair and honest customer has been in decline as well.

Im not applying this to the op....just stating the decline is on both sides.

You can get in contact with him by attending any of the knife shows where Microtech is present, usually the larger shows. Blade, SHOT, etc.
Seeing as he is a public figure (sort of), his contact information is not classified by a long shot.
When it comes to he said, she said situations much like this one, it's simply one side of the story. It's impossible to know what transpired to cause someone to cuss you out for 30 full seconds. Yes, some people are jerks but I have found that it usually takes a while to piss someone off to the point where that happens. Those kinds of personalities are also usually not allowed to field incoming telephone calls. It's also impossible to know how the box was packaged or if it was broken into along the way.

So, at this point we know when you mail anything of value, you send it signature confirmation, you insure it for the full value, and you make sure you secure the package with a whole lot of tape. Make the box indestructible and tamper resistant, photograph or made a video of the box before shipping. Anyway, what I am saying is that there are a lot of holes in the store thus far.

You can get in contact with him by attending any of the knife shows where Microtech is present, usually the larger shows. Blade, SHOT, etc.
Seeing as he is a public figure (sort of), his contact information is not classified by a long shot.
When it comes to he said, she said situations much like this one, it's simply one side of the story. It's impossible to know what transpired to cause someone to cuss you out for 30 full seconds. Yes, some people are jerks but I have found that it usually takes a while to piss someone off to the point where that happens. Those kinds of personalities are also usually not allowed to field incoming telephone calls. It's also impossible to know how the box was packaged or if it was broken into along the way.

So, at this point we know when you mail anything of value, you send it signature confirmation, you insure it for the full value, and you make sure you secure the package with a whole lot of tape. Make the box indestructible and tamper resistant, photograph or made a video of the box before shipping. Anyway, what I am saying is that there are a lot of holes in the store thus far.

What provoked a representative to go completely ape shlt on me? He told me the tip of the knife breaking was "ignorant man user error" and that microtech will not be held liable. I told him that was a very offensive comment and he flipped out! I'm talking 5 point restraint... Mental hospital break down flip out. If it was somebody else getting talked to like that, I would've been laughing. Actually I was until I realized that I was a customer then I got pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back