COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslinger387

Gold Member
Basic Member
How are you spending your time?

I’m doing lots of hunny-do’s, cleaning/organizing, sharpening knives, reading, watching more tv than I should and am going to practice social distancing later in the week by going camping with one of my dogs for a couple of days.

I think that the 15 pounds or so (ETA: busted my friggin arse and suffered for because of all the restraint and discipline) which I lost in this past year to impress my physician at my next physical check up, may very well come back again. This is how it goes: do I suffer and restrain myself from goodies such as chocolate chip cookies or do I wait for this frakking COVID-19 to come to do me in? :D

Still working my job and gutting the interior of the short closet next to my bed in my time off.
So actually nothing has changed for me at all.
They are hauling all their hoyer lifts, at one facility, to the dock for me to fix - so I don’t have to go inside.

Mostly the human male species: after masks and goggles become more of a norm to combat COVID-19, nose pickers, earlobe fiddlers, head scratchers and all those gross things which men tend to do in addition to Al Bundy'ing while on the couch may become a thing of the past for your own sake. You know who you are, I'm looking right at y'all :D

The bills still need to be payed so I have been doing exterior work for a few of my favorite clients.
They’re in their 60’s, so they aren’t offended by my obsessive degree of social distancing and level of cleanliness. Other than that, I recently binge watched Deadwood and Hell on Wheels.

I am fortunately able to work still. I started a new job 5 weeks ago just be for the dumpster burst into flames. I really like my new job and was very thankful to get it, but I will be honest that I kind of took it for granted. This whole season has been a real wake up call for me. I am very thankful to have a job these days. Work is such a huge blessing. May I never complain about work again, ever!

Newest thing from corporate is I'm supposed to take my temperature before each shift...these are the only thermometers the boss could find:confused: I called dibs on the froggy;)

img_2906-jpg.1312756

IMG_20200327_143902_copy_1915x1512.jpg

Still making drugs!! and as much hand sanitizer as possible. (Donate what we can to local pd, emt and some customers) Fortunate enough that my wife and I are still able to work. Unfortunately still exposed every time we do. Daycare has been closed for some time now, understandably so. Now instead of working daily I switch off with her and just work longer days when she's off and vice versa, no breaks. Nice to have a job that'll let you do that. Other than that keeping our distance from friends and family as they are too. Finishing up some trim work on the house, teaching myself how to whittle and night time bike rides after the kids are asleep.

I’m a health care worker in the greater NYC area. My facility, as of today, has over 50 confirmed cases and 78 awaiting results. The PPE situation is horrendous. We’re given one n95 to store in a paper bag at the end of the day, a gown and some of us are given face shields if available.
Currently I’m on quarantine from exposure and symptoms related to Covid. I’m feeling all types of shitty, but no fever. Worst part is I have a 1 year old and wife with autoimmune diagnosis. Those two are my life and would hate for them to get sick.
I’m awaiting my results and hoping for the best. Although I’m not sure what that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back