COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out my work will have a 20% base salary pay-cut until this is over and we're back to normalcy. They also told us this is changing daily/ weekly and will be re-assessed. So...I have a job for at least another 2 weeks it seems. Wife and I are currently healthy but I have the beetus and my work doesn't have masks anymore...

I just found out my work will have a 20% base salary pay-cut until this is over and we're back to normalcy. They also told us this is changing daily/ weekly and will be re-assessed. So...I have a job for at least another 2 weeks it seems. Wife and I are currently healthy but I have the beetus and my work doesn't have masks anymore...

Ugh. That's awful.

Today we were told we have to use 50% of our PTO by June 30, and we're not getting paid for Memorial Day, July 4th, or Labor Day. Some other things going on that I don't fully understand yet, but all in all can't complain too much, at least not yet...I know there's people out there much worse off, and my thoughts are with them.

As some of you may already know, CCN's 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific time slot anchor, Chris Cuomo, has tested positive for COVID-19. Irrespective of your politics, watch him right now as he is now go through the rough ride which he had last night battling this virus. You may learn something that will be of use to you or someone who you may know with the virus.

As some of you may already know, CCN's 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific time slot anchor, Chris Cuomo, has tested positive for COVID-19. Irrespective of your politics, watch him right now as he is now go through the rough ride which he had last night battling this virus. You may learn something that will be of use to you or someone who you may know with the virus.
Poor Fredo.

Even though I think he’s a major douchebag, I don’t wish this nightmare upon him.
I’m really hoping people will be a little more down to earth and appreciative of life after this scare.

He honestly just needs a good ass-whoopin to humble him out a bit.
Actually, every narcissistic prick in government or journalism should get a nice eye-opening punch to their bread basket.

And another comment that I’d like twice the option was available!
Again, I agree with this statement wholeheartedly!
I would change one thing, though it’s a minor change, I understand if others feel differently.
I wouldn’t punch them in the breadbasket, even though that’d totally work, and I do support the idea- I’d punch them in the ear as I think delivering the blow directly to the thought regulator to be more effective as an attitude adjuster.
My personal opinion of the man is that he solidly deserves both and I hope that he comes through this terrible disease as a changed man that looks at the world a bit differently than he does a now.

Last edited:
I had not realized that mentioning Chris Cuomo's own plight with COVID-19 would bring out such strong emotions but should've known better, my bad if I churned stomachs in here.

Back to regularly scheduled programming now: stay safe, stay informed, take care of yourselves and your families. This COVID-19 is no conspiracy, no fluke, not fake and not a hoax. This could very well turn out to be one of those which takes millions away from us, including ourselves.

This past week was the first time I started hearing stories from friends and co-workers about people they know who have died from COVID-19. I'm sure you all know but in case you don't, it's around for real so don't fuck around. I like this video the most so far in terms of information. It's from a doctor at Weill-Cornell here in NYC and it is brief, factual, and based on his direct experience treating the virus:

I had not realized that mentioning Chris Cuomo's own plight with COVID-19 would bring out such strong emotions but should've known better, my bad if I churned stomachs in here.

Back to regularly scheduled programming now: stay safe, stay informed, take care of yourselves and your families. This COVID-19 is no conspiracy, no fluke, not fake and not a hoax. This could very well turn out to be one of those which takes millions away from us, including ourselves.
No stomach churning here, bud.

I think his name just triggered a thought that has been rambling around my head for a while now.
These last few months have been an eye opener for me with this damn virus and nearly loosing my mom to a nasty staph infection possible caused by a dirty staple from her shoulder surgery.
I’ve never seen a healthy 62 year old go from being healthy one day, then tachycardic and on life support the next.

This whole experience has humbled me even more than normal and made me realize that I’ve been way too focused on stupid things like money instead of happiness.

Bryan, with my utmost sincerity I wish all the best to both you and your mom. I am sure that these are extra harrowing times for those of us who have a loved one in our own immediate family or extended family who is also inflicted with preexisting condition(s) and /or old age. I currently have 2 of my own belonging in each category ;)

Bryan, with my utmost sincerity I wish all the best to both you and your mom. I am sure that these are extra harrowing times for those of us who have a loved one in our own immediate family or extended family who is also inflicted with preexisting condition(s) and /or old age. I currently have 2 of my own belonging in each category ;)
I appreciate it, Mat, and same to you too.
She’s on day 49 of forced quarantine by my Dad, so I know she in good care considering his background and obsessive cleanliness from working in military hospitals.

Our kids orthodontist is in ICU. He is very successful, wealthy owner of a huge practice. Mid 50's. We all love him. We really pray he pulls through. Rich, poor... It hits everyone. Stay healthy everyone.

Oh man, so sorry to hear this Brian. I was reading in NYT just a couple of weeks ago that among are professions, dentists (and ancillary practices related to dentistry) were at the HIGHEST risks factor ahead pf ER personnel, first responders and such.

Oh man, so sorry to hear this Brian. I was reading in NYT just a couple of weeks ago that among are professions, dentists (and ancillary practices related to dentistry) were at the HIGHEST risks factor ahead pf ER personnel, first responders and such.
Thanks Mat. He has been our kids friend for years. Can't believe it. And we have people all around us that are still saying it's a hoax. Because of some guy on Facebook or YouTube said so on a video.

Thanks Mat. He has been our kids friend for years. Can't believe it. And we have people all around us that are still saying it's a hoax. Because of some guy on Facebook or YouTube said so on a video.

Spouting BS which can be absolutely detrimental to public safety ought to be a serious crime resulting in severe punishment. I know that someone would then cite the 1st-amendment rights and the slippery slope argument, but 1A had never intended/stated that anyone could say anything insidious anywhere of their choosing in the manner which pleases them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back