COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working from home for almost 4 weeks...was working from home 3 days a week anyway so not a big change for me. Wife is still going to work, but she's only part time, 2-3 days a week, and not a lot of people where she is. Stay home as much as possible, but when I do venture out, seems like business as usual based on the amount of traffic I'm seeing:confused:

Currently not working, I’m in construction so no work right now. I’m currently spending my days at home with my 3 kids and wife. It’s a grab bag, I enjoy cooking so I’ve had some fun in the kitchen. I’m also into exercise, I’m getting 2 separate exercises a day. but, the kids are whole different story. Attempting to run a classroom is not my expertise. I’m used to cussing at construction workers, not trying to get a 5 year old to sit still. Apparently you’re not supposed to cuss at them...

My heart goes out to you and your family Rollercoaster Rollercoaster . Let's hope it's not COVID and your family stays safe! I suppose the good news is that you do not have a fever. Is anyone aware of a COVID case that did not include a fever?

I'd like to give a big shout out to our health care workers, first responders and everyone else that is still working to keep our daily life possible. Lets hope the necessary PPE gear gets to those in need as soon as possible and everyone stays healthy. One of my son's coworkers just tested positive, so we are hoping he didn't infect anyone else.

As for me, I'm off work for the time being and organizing my garage. Classic ten pounds of sh*t in a five pound bag scenario. After that, I'm gonna break out my Wicked Edge and break in those new stones. :D

My heart goes out to you and your family Rollercoaster Rollercoaster . Let's hope it's not COVID and your family stays safe! I suppose the good news is that you do not have a fever. Is anyone aware of a COVID case that did not include a fever?

I'd like to give a big shout out to our health care workers, first responders and everyone else that is still working to keep our daily life possible. Lets hope the necessary PPE gear gets to those in need as soon as possible and everyone stays healthy. One of my son's coworkers just tested positive, so we are hoping he didn't infect anyone else.

As for me, I'm off work for the time being and organizing my garage. Classic ten pounds of sh*t in a five pound bag scenario. After that, I'm gonna break out my Wicked Edge and break in those new stones. :D
thank you sir.
80% of covid cases are mild and present with little/no symptoms. For me, massive headaches, dizziness and coughing are what led me to get tested and quarantined. At this point I’m just surprised it’s taking so long for results (6 days and waiting). Hoping there will be a “quick response” test that’s released sooner than later to allow health care workers the opportunity to get back to work.

thank you sir.
80% of covid cases are mild and present with little/no symptoms. For me, massive headaches, dizziness and coughing are what led me to get tested and quarantined. At this point I’m just surprised it’s taking so long for results (6 days and waiting). Hoping there will be a “quick response” test that’s released sooner than later to allow health care workers the opportunity to get back to work.

Best wishes to you and yours!:thumbsup:

Newest thing from corporate is I'm supposed to take my temperature before each shift...these are the only thermometers the boss could find:confused: I called dibs on the froggy;)

img_2906-jpg.1312756

at first glance, I thought those were new style home pregnancy test .....

Best wishes Rollercoaster Rollercoaster and yes Abbot labs has developed a rapid test (~15 mins) not sure yet on its time line as far as release. This is going to be going on for a while so I suspect most doctors offices will eventually be carrying these kits in the future. I foresee the norm being flu test, strep test (which most primaries already conduct) then covid test if and when those turn up negative.

Wood5045 Wood5045 yes there have been a few cases where fevers were not present. I currently have a few friends that have tested positive. 2 show mild symptoms with fevers. 2 are completely asymptomatic no fever. 1 fever free who oddly enough is the one that's been suffering for 2 weeks with the most issues. It is possible she could have missed it early on. By the time her symptoms came on she started checking her temperature for 2 weeks and nothing. Before her symptoms came on obviously she had no reason to check her temp. She's home getting thru it and is expected to make a full recovery. Her husband and 1 of 2 kids is exhibiting symptoms as well. Just fevers cough an small sniffle. They're not going to venture out and get tested unless necessary. It's just assumed because of her positive test. They're staying in for an additional 2 weeks. Family members already on deck to drop off supplies if need be.

Pardon the derailment.

Edit to add: Just heard from a co-worker FDA granted emergency use authorization to abbott labs and they are rolling out their tests this week. Production is underway and they're slated to produce 50,000 tests per day!!

Working here, but they cut our hours to 4 days a week bc of low sales at other branches. Between my wife and I, we’re facing a 23% pay cut for the foreseeable, but better than no job. I technically got laid off two weeks ago Wednesday from my restaurant job, but luckily I started a new job that Thursday so it’s just taking away my side hustle money for now.

I’m a health care worker in the greater NYC area. My facility, as of today, has over 50 confirmed cases and 78 awaiting results. The PPE situation is horrendous. We’re given one n95 to store in a paper bag at the end of the day, a gown and some of us are given face shields if available.
Currently I’m on quarantine from exposure and symptoms related to Covid. I’m feeling all types of shitty, but no fever. Worst part is I have a 1 year old and wife with autoimmune diagnosis. Those two are my life and would hate for them to get sick.
I’m awaiting my results and hoping for the best. Although I’m not sure what that is.

I hope you and your family will be ok. I’m a dialysis nurse at a large public hospital in Miami. We have several ICU patients that are on ventilators and CRRT(continuous renal replacement therapy) We have go into those rooms to start treatments, troubleshooting, and keep the CRRT machines running. We have close contact with the patient when connecting to and troubleshooting their dialysis catheter. One of our SICU nurses died from Covid a few days ago. I have been off for a week because we had planned a vacation during my daughter’s spring break, we were going to go to NYC to see Beetlejuice on Broadway. My wife, also a nurse, and I got tested last Wednesday and our results came back negative on Sunday. My wife is on medical leave until the 19th because she has the flu, and she is asthmatic. I’m going back on the night shift tomorrow, and I’m also worried about bringing it home to my family.

Last edited:
I hope you and your family will be ok. I’m a dialysis nurse at a large public hospital in Miami. We have several ICU patients that are on ventilators and CRRT(continuous renal replacement therapy) We have go into those rooms to start treatments, troubleshooting, and keep the CRRT machines running. We have close contact with the patient when connecting to and troubleshooting their dialysis catheter. One of our SICU nurses died from Covid a few days ago. I have been off for a week because we had planned a vacation during my daughter’s spring break, we were going to go to NYC to see Beetlejuice on Broadway. My wife, also a nurse, and I got tested last Wednesday and our results came back negative on Sunday. My wife is on medical leave until the 19th because she has the flu, and she is asthmatic. I’m going back on the night shift tomorrow, and I’m also worried about bringing home to my family.
Gus please be safe and hopefully your using personal protection to its fullest. Be safe out there!

I hope you and your family will be ok. I’m a dialysis nurse at a large public hospital in Miami. We have several ICU patients that are on ventilators and CRRT(continuous renal replacement therapy) We have go into those rooms to start treatments, troubleshooting, and keep the CRRT machines running. We have close contact with the patient when connecting to and troubleshooting their dialysis catheter. One of our SICU nurses died from Covid a few days ago. I have been off for a week because we had planned a vacation during my daughter’s spring break, we were going to go to NYC to see Beetlejuice on Broadway. My wife, also a nurse, and I got tested last Wednesday and our results came back negative on Sunday. My wife is on medical leave until the 19th because she has the flu, and she is asthmatic. I’m going back on the night shift tomorrow, and I’m also worried about bringing home to my family.

Liked for you all testing negative in addition for the crucial services which you provide :thumbsup:. Gus, I truly wish both you and yours health and safety during these harrowing times.

Even though I'm on the front line (ER RN) our small town has been pretty lucky.
Only 3 reported cases so far. I have basically been symptom free except for nasal congestion and infrequent cough.
Because of my schedule and already requesting time off for a cancelled event I have 10 full days to self quarentine.
I did get tested because of my profession.

Luckily I can drive less then 10 minutes to get out for a run or exercise the dogs. Fishing is less than 40 minutes away:D
So all in all I and my family have been pretty blessed:)

Smoke and prayers to those in need!
Everybody stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy:thumbsup:
Respect

Prayers are with you and your family sir. It’s not an easy time to be working in healthcare. I hope both of your facilities provide you with the appropriate PPE.

OK here's mine: my online specialty auto parts biz has grinded to a literal halt! I mean under these circumstances who the fudge wants to buy something for that, say old school Porsche which they've been restoring. Yes there's still a trickle of orders streaming here and there, but I'm really not up for rushing to the USPS everyday and on the flip side, I ain't buying shyte for inventory either! Both lose-lose but luckily I have some reserves which can weather some storm but nothing significant to last forever, to make me retire comfortably and to sustain my extended family. But then again fortunately, for now we will not have to stand in food lines as long as we are allowed to go to the shops to buy our own!

I am expecting a different World after this as I think that this is the initial phase of the various forms of distress which will be instigated by a now out-of-hand effects of climate change (think of me what you may, I don't really care a I steadfastly stand by this statement). I'm already tinkering with other ideas to generate revenue streams in a post COVID-19 world as I'm a freelance pleb anyway :)

I didn't expect this.

I’m 68 and my partner is 77. Life with her has been retired bliss.

I’m sure we’ll still be in lockdown by both of our next birthdays . Her 54-year old son has been in the midst of a divorce. So what did do? He abandoned his family in Connecticut 3 1/2 weeks ago and moved with Mom. And me. He’s fully employed and has been telecommuting. He spread out over three rooms in his childhood home and only shows up for dinner. Which I prepare every day. This isn’t working out.

Jeez Gus, sorry to hear that about the nurse...can't image how scary that's gotta be.:( Really hope you and your family come through this unscathed. And that goes for the rest of you guys too! Stay safe!

I had to shut my business- well, technically I chose to, but I felt a moral imperative- so there are 0$ coming in. The federal govt will be issuing $2K per month for almost all Canadians starting in a week or two, so that'll make a big difference by keeping a roof over our head and food in the pantry, and there will be some assistance for businesses as well. That does allow me to take us out of the contagion chain for several months. Honestly, I've been stockpiling food and supplies for awhile, since I've had bit of a sky is falling feeling for the past few years. Always been a bit of a prepper in some way or another, so we have what we need to survive for at least a month at any given moment.

Once BC peaks I'll probably do some limited repair jobs for families of healthcare folk and first responders, while keeping the doors locked. I have something that I can contribute, safely, so I feel it's my duty to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back