CPK EDC2

Lots of requests for antique micarta I see. Was considering it, but I couldn't bring myself to go brown.
I was also persuaded by Nathan's comments about its stability compared to the materials being manufactured today. Most of my tools are old world. My favorite chainsaw is all metal, it's 30 years old and still runs good. There's no comparison between what was made back then and the junk of today. Aside from what a few makers are doing with their steels, of course. :D

I never got in on the edc so I swinging for the edc2 :) I wouldn't mind seeing g10 zombie green or the orange / black as options :) or even blaze orange

Anyone want to explain the BF members in the EDC preorder that have been on for years but have suddenly made their first post? My B.S. meter is tingling..

Anyone have a good pic of the antique micarta? I'm thinking of changing my handles to black micarta, but maybe a nice pic of the antique will change my mind....:)

Anyone have a good pic of the antique micarta? I'm thinking of changing my handles to black micarta, but maybe a nice pic of the antique will change my mind....:)

Black micarta is never a wrong choice, but the antique is pretty stuff.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/pic-request-antique-micarta-please-thank-you.1500409/

Nathan recently posted some compelling photos that grabbed my attention: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/photos-post-your-cpk-photos-here.1404389/page-114#post-17423517

Anyone want to explain the BF members in the EDC preorder that have been on for years but have suddenly made their first post? My B.S. meter is tingling..

When numbers going out get a little bump up a couple show up on the big auction site. Sometimes on the exchange here but not often. Not really a big problem IMO. Flippers will come and it's only going to get worse.

There could be many reasons but not all or many necessarily being nefarious. When I used to review the old, old sales threads, I had come across some of these dormant names in that distant past. Some folks just get busy with life or their hobby habits shift. Another thing to bear in mind is that some folks who used to be Nathan's early adapter customers, were used to Nathan's offerings sticking around for a couple of few minutes or half a day but these days have no fighting chance to score a CPK during the tumultuous Fridays' sales! A preorder gives those people a much better opportunity to get back into CPK's new patterns.

There could be many reasons but not all or many necessarily being nefarious. When I used to review the old, old sales threads, I had come across some of these dormant names in that distant past. Some folks just get busy with life or their hobby habits shift. Another thing to bear in mind is that some folks who used to be Nathan's early adapter customers, were used to Nathan's offerings sticking around for a couple of few minutes or half a day but these days have no fighting chance to score a CPK during the tumultuous Fridays' sales! A preorder gives those people a much better opportunity to get back into CPK's new patterns.
I'd buy that for the ones that have a handful of posts.. it seems very odd that someone would be on the forums for more than a year without making a single post, then end up in the CPK preorder for the first post.. and to have more than one?

I'm not sure what the deal is, but my gut says something's up. I'm not saying it's a huge deal, or even a problem.. it just seems off..

I'd buy that for the ones that have a handful of posts.. it seems very odd that someone would be on the forums for more than a year without making a single post, then end up in the CPK preorder for the first post.. and to have more than one?

I'm not sure what the deal is, but my gut says something's up. I'm not saying it's a huge deal, or even a problem.. it just seems off..

Then we will go with Occam's Razor theorem ;)

I was thinking about getting in on one, but truthfully speaking, my 4v EDC does everything I ask from it and it just yawns at me...
Yes, it does need the occasional touch up or sharpening, but that is it...

As far as the next CPK that I will be heavily considering, it will probably be some form of FK in 3v.

I was thinking about getting in on one, but truthfully speaking, my 4v EDC does everything I ask from it and it just yawns at me...
Yes, it does need the occasional touch up or sharpening, but that is it...

As far as the next CPK that I will be heavily considering, it will probably be some form of FK in 3v.

TBT, I have more CPK steel to last me a lifetime and then those whom I may pass my CPKs to, but something in that steel (I suspect an undisclosed alloy) which Nathan does not disclose must be very addicting. The fumes alone supplant any vestige of logic and rationale!

Youre not alone. And its not just for cpk either; ive seen it all over the exchange for awhile.

Out of curiosity (OK bust me, super nosiness!!!) as of post # 92, I count about 143~144 EDC-2 units claimed this far. One post is just a copy of Nathan's OP, so I don't know about that one! Further, I expect some folks to add and very few may even withdraw before the payment is due, but over all I think that all ~175 EDC units which Nathan had projected will be more or less spoken for. Some surplus ones may make it to a Friday sale down the road and some may go to Nathan's authorized dealer (Fort Henry Knives if they are still a CPK dealer) but with the heavy demand, may not be a sure thing till Nathan decides to compound on the initially projected number of units.

So what's my point? Those who really want one and don't want to pay the 2ndry market price markups still have their chances.

Out of curiosity (OK bust me, super nosiness!!!) as of post # 92, I count about 143~144 EDC-2 units claimed this far. One post is just a copy of Nathan's OP, so I don't know about that one! Further, I expect some folks to add and very few may even withdraw before the payment is due, but over all I think that all ~175 EDC units which Nathan had projected will be more or less spoken for. Some surplus ones may make it to a Friday sale down the road and some may go to Nathan's authorized dealer (Fort Henry Knives if they are still a CPK dealer) but with the heavy demand, may not be a sure thing till Nathan decides to compound on the initially projected number of units.

So what's my point? Those who really want one and don't want to pay the 2ndry market price markups still have their chances.
You are absolutely right.. I should up my order to 5.. just to be safe.. I might get the first few and realize that's not enough.. then I'll have to go hunt one down.. I'm better off just cutting to the chase..

Actually .. let's make it 7... 10! ... 15!!.. MWA hahahahahahaha!!

Back