CPK EDC2

IRQVEAe.jpg

Just read all the drama. Wow. I really hope this little tantrum doesn’t hurt future pre-sales. I have been patiently waiting. Shoot I’m on page 5 lol I ain’t trippin. I READ all the provided info. I knew what i signed up for and I am GRATEFUL for the opportunity. Thanks again Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist

This type of behavior is the after math of a "FULL MOON" and in the context of how you run your business is so far off base. I have sent you guys a couple of thousand dollars over the years and never wondered or wanted any of it back. Your reputation for delivering on your promise goes to show why I sent a deposit in for one of those big choppers, then Jo put up a thread if any of us wanted a sheath. This has to be the best customer service I have experienced, well ever. Thanks guys, and Nathan, after spending 15 years In customer service, I totally understand why you just want to do what you do best. Best Martin

Last edited:
I'd like to add another plea to NOT kill the pre-order option. I'm one of those folks who is ALWAYS on the road for work on Fridays.

I tried a couple of times and have no chance with the sales, using whatever spotty connection my phone may get by the roadside. Pre-orders are my only realistic option (other than hoping to get lucky on the secondary market and dealing with the price hikes).

The pre-order process is CLEARLY stated. Some people simply can't be bothered to read. Please don't punish everyone else for the actions of the few (one?).

12 boxed up today. Going out tomorrow. 107 filled, 58 to go.

If I count correctly (and that's a big "if') I might be #12. Fingers crossed!

With that said, I'd like to thank you Nate, Jo, and Mark for the work you do and the forthright way in which you do it. It's obvious to a great many here that your candor, honesty, and work ethic are second to none. The quality product you produce is appreciated by all, and represents the culmination of your high skills and values.

Please don't let one isolated incident ruin the pre-orders for the great many for whom this will be their only opportunity to experience your wonderful craftsmanship.

Thank you again for all you do for this crazy community!

If I count correctly (and that's a big "if') I might be #12. Fingers crossed!

With that said, I'd like to thank you Nate, Jo, and Mark for the work you do and the forthright way in which you do it. It's obvious to a great many here that your candor, honesty, and work ethic are second to none. The quality product you produce is appreciated by all, and represents the culmination of your high skills and values.

Please don't let one isolated incident ruin the pre-orders for the great many for whom this will be their only opportunity to experience your wonderful craftsmanship.

Thank you again for all you do for this crazy community!
I had a couple people buy more than one, but I should be shipping yours next week! Sorry for the delay! We're getting there!
Jo
PS We're all good. This is quite an awesome community and it is nice to have so many people who appreciate our work, the way we do business, and us. It is truly a pleasure. :)

Last edited:

Meh, we're over it.

I was sitting there last night on beer #(CENSORED) eating a dinner snack and watching a show with Jo when I decide to check the forum on my phone. ...lol...

The three of us here greatly appreciate the good group of people who have developed around the brand. :thumbsup:

Wow, just saw this and re-read! (I did see some of this drama unfold, but had company, so did not have time to to read everything! Subject closed I guess....But.... This guy was posting to get attention and raise Hell! Nothing more and Nothing else! (Mission Accomplished on his part i guess (shrug) In the future when questions like this are asked, I would simply refer the Individual to the "Ask Nathan, Ask Jo, or Pre-order thread" Bet they won't be so aggressive then:thumbsup: People tend to be real Brave and aggressive when their sitting in the Comfort of their home in front of Computer!
Overseeing and running a Privately owned Business, which has so many products (Knives in Demand) requires a lot of hard work and overtime, "I get that" but i hate to see Nathan and Jo working on Sundays and then having to deal with this Shit on Sunday evening! Feel free to delay my purchases as long as necessary to "Enjoy the Journey" and spend time with your Family and each other! :thumbsup:
You, Jo, Mark, and Lorien are doing everything RIGHT! Don't change a Thing! Hater's are going to Hate! Your product is HIGH Demand and there must be a reason for this! HDFK sale Friday-25 Knives offered and what 80 or more Responses and posts!
Said it before IMO The CPK team offers the Best quality knives available for the Price!
By the way I understand the CPK and Keffeler Competition Chopper may not Ship until the end of the Year or LATER! Feel Free to Bill me at your convenience:thumbsup:
Thanks for all you (the CPK) team does:cool:

y'know, one option that CPK could pursue is to work only through a dealer(s). Way less of a headache, but less money for the Carothers and higher retail for customers with less personalized service. Much easier than taking preorders from multiple individuals.

Who else provides you with a knife within the timeframe promised by CPK for a preorder, that you can customize? How many handle options? How many sheath options? That extra service does not come cheap, and NO ONE should discount the added value of the availability of these options.

I think people really value the interpersonal connection to the company through ready communication with the humans that constitute it. They value the quality control, value and performance of the tools produced. These things, to my way of thinking, are foundational values of CPK and I greatly doubt that the odd moron could have any impact on that.

The unfortunate factor could be that this little tempest in a teapot could have some future repercussions albeit not a grave one, but still something to the effect of Nathan wishing to stick with a more conservative preorder schedule as we go forward.

I think people really value the interpersonal connection to the company through ready communication with the humans that constitute it.

This is it for me. I haven't bought a "production" knife in at least 5 years and I now much prefer to deal with smaller businesses on a personal level. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Nathan yet (hopefully I will make Blade this year) but every communication I have had with Jo is more like a note from an old friend. I value that highly and choose to spend my money where I feel welcome and where I feel I am supporting good people with good values.

The fact they make fantastic knives at a great price is icing on the cake. :)

I’ve only been bitten by two knives in the past year. Both are in D3V. Hmmm... :D

I notice now the EDC 2 Pre-order sale's thread is illuminated even after looking and closing it:D A new feature for those who can' read:thumbsup: And then it was goneo_O

Last edited:
I really hope pre-orders are continued.

These knives are WORTH waiting for and Jo is absolutely fantastic. I have not had the pleasure to communicate with Nathan as yet but I’m sure Jo keeps him in check ( sorry Nathan no offence meant ).

A lot of people would have absolutely no chance of owning one of these gems if it weren’t for the pre-orders.

Back