CPK EDC2

Completely agree Scotcha^
I live in australia so 3pm time is about 5am in the morning here and my internet is anything but fast, so getting a knife is near impossible via sales.

Ive had 2 different cpks both of which i gained via help from an old forum member. I regretfully traded my FK for a hdfk before realizing i much prefer slightly smaller knives and wanted the FK back instead :eek:
Now the only chance of owning a smaller CPK again would be via pre-order.

Long story short, please don't let a hiccup ruin the pre-orders. I, and many others i'm sure, appreciate the chance of being guaranteed a knife without having to fight for it during sales (regardless of wait times).
Keep up the hard work and dedication to customer satisfaction CPK team :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Completely agree Scotcha^
I live in australia so 3pm time is about 5am in the morning here and my internet is anything but fast, so getting a knife is near impossible via sales.

Ive had 2 different cpks both of which i gained via help from an old forum member. I regretfully traded my FK for a hdfk before realizing i much prefer slightly smaller knives and wanted the FK back instead :eek:
Now the only chance of owning a smaller CPK again would be via pre-order.

Long story short, please don't let a hiccup ruin the pre-orders. I, and many others i'm sure, appreciate the chance of being guaranteed a knife without having to fight for it during sales (regardless of wait times).
Keep up the hard work and dedication to customer satisfaction CPK team :thumbsup:

they are some great replacements for the fk in the pipe

Post makes it sound as if there are several models that could be deemed potential FK replacements.
Apart from the obvious FK2.0?

DEK1 is the other one on the horizon. We can also infer that since the DEK is followed by a numerical sequence (1), that leaves is open to further DEKs. Or maybe DEK1 is Lorien's blueprint and a DEK2 would be Nathan's variation / impression. Just speculating.

DEK1 is the other one on the horizon. We can also infer that since the DEK is followed by a numerical sequence (1), that leaves is open to further DEKs. Or maybe DEK1 is Lorien's blueprint and a DEK2 would be Nathan's variation / impression. Just speculating.
Thanks.
I had thought of the DEK - admittedly without remembering the proposed specs beyond the blade length of approx. 4 1/2” (esp. re stock thickness) - but wasn’t sure if it (a “slicier” model?) was meant to fill the same/similar role as the field knives (more robust “utility/woods” blades).

DEK1 is DEK1. There may be DEK2s etc variants down the road- potentially tanto, double edge and wharncliffe options
FK2 is also in the works, and that's all Nate- shouldn't be a big departure from the original, overall
I'll be working on a new pattern once DEK1 has been worked through to prototype
I think a lot of you are going to be super stoked on the concept behind this upcoming pattern, and that's all you get for now

DEK1 is DEK1. There may be DEK2s etc variants down the road- potentially tanto, double edge and wharncliffe options
FK2 is also in the works, and that's all Nate- shouldn't be a big departure from the original, overall
I'll be working on a new pattern once DEK1 has been worked through to prototype
I think a lot of you are going to be super stoked on the concept behind this upcoming pattern, and that's all you get for now
Thanks! That’s all we (I, at least) need for now. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I bought more than a few CPK's both Friday and Preorder and the ground rules are crystal clear, something I appreciate very much. Thanks Nathan, Jo, Lorien and Team for all you do.

One thing I never expected was wanting to cut my car in half with each and every CPK I get....You know just to see if it can.....

I bought more than a few CPK's both Friday and Preorder and the ground rules are crystal clear, something I appreciate very much. Thanks Nathan, Jo, Lorien and Team for all you do.

One thing I never expected was wanting to cut my car in half with each and every CPK I get....You know just to see if it can.....

Got my edc2’s :) usually not a fan for a 3inch Blade Knife. I’m more for 4 inch blade but that’s just me. But this little bugger is super sweet !!! I like it a lot more than I thought I would !!

Did a little sheath mod to fit me better or more my liking
855794DD-7958-4A72-8B5F-A8917586D4C9.png 9BA7EA84-EF81-477C-99C3-A1BA27689EA7.png D152203E-C983-487C-92E6-C9798EE1D6A2.png

Nice! I considered doing something similar, but was worried about retention.
Does it still hold tight?

Nice! I considered doing something similar, but was worried about retention.
Does it still hold tight?

Still has a very solid “ click ” and requires a good grip/pull for release. Just tried shaking it upside down to see. Nope it stayed in there !! I could do a video but I don’t know how to post it.
I could probably email or text the video ?

Last edited:
I posted in maintainance and tinkering but thought I would ask here also as there has been no replies there ...

One of the EDC2s I received I noticed after using it a bit removing and reinserting it from the kydex sheath ... a small (maybe slightly over a 1/4") just about an inch forward of the handle had a shiney spot like it had a wire edge that rolled ...

so I touched it up and checked it for a burr ... even got out a couple jewley's loops and checked the edge to make sure I had removed the burr ... I couldn't find any signs of a burr or wire edge ... I ran my fingernail over the area a few times to see and it seemed fine ...

but the next time I used the knife after pulling it from the sheath and reinserting it again in the same area it showed a shiney spot ...

now I am fairly new to 3V I only own a few knives in this steel ... but have not had any issues in keeping them sharp ... this EDC2 I took to approximately 17 degrees and my understanding of 3V I wouldn't think the kydex would cause this but is that possible that it is the sheath causing the shiney spot on the edge?

I have stropped it with CBN and Diamond Paste on leather ... then tried on balsa wood ... still the same after use so I tried light trailing edge strokes on a fine ceramic and also an extra fine diamond ... they seem to fix the edge but it shows up in the same spot still after use ...

so I was wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong or missing with the 3V steel? ... or if the kydex could cause that issue at 16 or 17 degrees? ...

Or if anyone had suggestions ... I'm not a professional sharpener but I've never had this issue with any other knife ... but again I'm fairly new to 3V ... so any ideas or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have ordered leather sheaths from Grog so the kydex will not be used when those are done ... but I didn't know if the kydex could even be the cause?

Thanks for any help JJ

There was certainly a flat spot there. Sometimes that can happen (for our knives and most other manufacturers too) because the initial edge is ground on an abrasive belt rather than a flat stone and this belt is not always perfectly flat. This can create a small re-curve directly ahead of the plunge because that area doesn't see the entire width of the belt like the rest of the blade.

This slightly re-curved area doesn't always touch a flat stone perfectly the first time a knife is sharpened. I always apply a small micro bevel on an Arkansas stone to remove the burr from the initial sharpening and it is possible I missed an area of that burr due to a small unintentional re-curve.

If that's the case, this area could have had a wire edge that was being realigned with stropping but rolling with sheath contact.

The other possibility would be a piece of abrasive trapped in the sheath there. If that were the case it would probably be left over from when the sheath was manufactured.

In either case I think this problem was almost certainly my fault so I apologize. We give every knife our best effort and we don't take short cuts, but anything done by human hands is prone to mistakes. I am re-sharpening your knife and you will receive a new sheath. We'll return it with some cash to cover your shipping costs and I'll ask Jo to put some CPK schwag in there. What size shirt do you wear?

I just wanted to say thank you to Nathan and let others know how quickly he replied to my posts and his willingness to look at the knife.

I think we get an amazing product at an extremely good price ... and how good it is that Nathan and Jo and everyone at CPK interact on the forums so well. And we can all learn a bit more as we go.

I also wanted to add ... I don't find that there is any fault to be had ... you produce hundreds of knives and of amazing quality ... one small issue happens ... but just the fact you responded and had me send it in and you educated me so I would know better what I can do to correct that type issue ... and then you took the time to fix it and stay in contact so well and quickly ... I think it just gets chalked up to a small issue that when I asked for help to figure it out you went above that and fixed it for me ... Id say you can't beat that.

And as you can see the customer service is exceptional too!

Thanks JJ

Last edited:
Back