CPK EDC2

I'm a machinist myself, cnc more than anything. I've ran Fanuc, Fadal, Haas, Mattsura...horizontil, vertical, 5 axis millers. I am now running a Mazak. What kind of equipment do you have over there. I can really appreciate what you guys can pull off!

You better check out that Rask! It's like 3oz.

I was thinking Norseman but when I checked the stats on it, I was surprised it weighed less than I had thought. FWIW, I'd like to see that CPK just sticks with fixed blade patterns for the time being. MC and FK 2.0 in no particular order of which.

Same^^

They have a boat load of knives to make for the pre orders and Friday sales too. Plus they have already promised the FK 2.0 and MC. Not to mention folks still want Behemoth choppers etc.

It's seriously a lot of knives (and work!). Let's get to the folder when things cool down in the fixed blade department, cuz right now it's on fire!

Let's get to the folder when things cool down in the fixed blade department, cuz right now it's on fire!

Hahaha.

Nathan said reviews shared outside the sub forum will help sustain growth. IMO more attention is literally the last thing I can think of that Nathan needs!

Nathan could spend two years making patterns he's discontinued and make pre-sales lists miles long. Way more demand than supply.

Keep in mind I know zero about running a knife making business.

o_O

I'm a machinist myself, cnc more than anything. I've ran Fanuc, Fadal, Haas, Mattsura...horizontil, vertical, 5 axis millers. I am now running a Mazak. What kind of equipment do you have over there. I can really appreciate what you guys can pull off!

Kia, Romi, BP, Mori VMCs with Fanuc controls ranging from the 90's to the 2000's with 2000 - 9000 hours on them weighing between three and seven tons. Half are box way, half are linear way. None is particularly fast, but they have fresh spindles and low backlash comps and are well suited to persnickety work.

Anybody was contacted regarding EDC2 pre order yet? I am #46 on the pre-order thread I sure hope I did not miss out.

Anybody was contacted regarding EDC2 pre order yet? I am #46 on the pre-order thread I sure hope I did not miss out.

You didn't miss out. Everybody on the list is "on the list". She is getting last Friday's sale taken care of and will start contacting the people on the preorder soon.

I was contacted yesterday at 4pm. I was near the top so she's definitely working her way down through the list! Super stoked to get in on my first buy! Can't wait to get one of the larger blades now!

I have had a bit of a slow start getting last week's knives out (done) and getting the new list organized. I will update the sales thread as I go (probably the end of each day) so you can tell where I am and know if somehow my contact attempt didn't work. The plan was to have everyone contacted by the time I leave for Nashville tomorrow, but that might not happen. I will get to everyone as soon as I can, but I take a lot of notes as I go trying to keep everything straight. Thank you all for your patience! :)

Back