CPK EDC2

It is probably too early to ask, but is there a time-frame as to when the production will start?

Last edited:
It ius probably too early to ask, but is there a time-frame as to when the production will start?

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/closed-edc2-pre-order.1517569/

Taken form the EDC2 pre order thread

We are cutting chips on this project now, they'll start to finish up in about three months. They will ship as they're finished in the order that they are ordered in. As I'm building them, half the knives made will go to this pre-order, the other half will be sold in regular sales. This means you will see knives being sold while you're waiting for your knife.

Hoping Mashed Cat keeps the sheaths minimal. Don't ride too high up the handle!

Whatever Eric@Mashed Cat makes will be exceptional! I have bought Kydex sheaths from a lot of different makers, Mashed Cat Sheaths are exceptional and always exceed my expectations:thumbsup:;)

If anything, not the biggest fan of the drainage channel Mashed Cat sheaths typically feature at the tip. If a drainage channel must be included, hoping that it is kept as short as reasonably possible.

If anything, not the biggest fan of the drainage channel Mashed Cat sheaths typically feature at the tip. If a drainage channel must be included, hoping that it is kept as short as reasonably possible.

Do you just not like the way it looks?

Functionally, I prefer to have a drain than not have one...

and I prefer Eric's design to those benders who just drill a hole.

The way S! designs their drain channel is the best, IMO.

I don't have an EDC version but I do have both a taco style and pancake style from Eric for my Field Knives. I think the craftsmanship is top notch and I have no complaints at all. The drain channel is pretty non-intrusive.

2017-09-16_CPK-2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have an EDC version but I do have both a taco style and pancake style from Eric for my Field Knives. I think the craftsmanship is top notch and I have no complaints at all. The drain channel is pretty non-intrusive.

2017-09-16_CPK-2.jpg

That taco's TASTY and the pancake's not chopped liver, either...ok, sorry about the half-baked food quips! ;)

2017-09-16_CPK-2.jpg
I like both of those. It would be a tough call. Probably lean towards the taco.

I like both of those. It would be a tough call. Probably lean towards the taco.

Same here...
I don't add a lot of accessories, so no need for the double set of grommets and added mass and larger volume...but the biggest attraction for me is the taco's thumb ramp, very HANDy...or would that be THUMBy? :thumbsup:o_O:thumbsup:

2017-09-16_CPK-2.jpg

I have a few of the MC pancake sheaths, but I don't think I've seen the foldover taco style. That looks great! I may order my next in that taco form.

Functionally, I prefer to have a drain than not have one...

and I prefer Eric's design to those benders who just drill a hole.

The way S! designs their drain channel is the best, IMO.

I concur, though overall I like Eric's designs the best. He's my go-to for kydex.

No, no, I like the drainage channel. I have sheaths from Mashed Cat extending back to nearly ten years ago. Just that a drainage channel often extends the Kydex out more than if one did not exist at all. My point is to keep it minimal, if at all possible. Less sheath is more sheath!

Back