CPK EDC2

In that preorder I said they would start to ship in about three mounts and it has been about three months since that order closed. It is now time for the first of them to start to ship and they will start to ship next week. We are within a couple weeks, that's pretty close to when I estimated so I feel okay about that....

You damn rite, that's "pretty close!" :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

A guy could die waiting on a preorder from other makers...:eek:

I've had a recurring nightmare that goes like this...

after I've went to glory to "where the apex never degrades," I'm looking down on my widowed wife finally taking delivery on a blade from a very tardy maker just to have her give it away to the pool boy, Pablo. :confused::(

Any quick draws out there want to proxy me for the Friday edc-2 sale Friday? Kind of early but early is on time and on time is late.

Any quick draws out there want to proxy me for the Friday edc-2 sale Friday? Kind of early but early is on time and on time is late.

So that there's no confusion, Nathan has yet to announce the next Friday Sale as of today: 12/09.

I'm going to try one for myself but there may be others there who wish to put their quick and twitchy keyboard-fu fingers to use per your request. The bellwether sale will always be a tough one to fetch a proxy for. Best of luck to you Organic :)

I think you guys are being a little sensitive and/or reading a little too much into that post. Someone mentioned they wouldn't get their edc for a long time because they were 40th. I looked and realized I was 80th so it could be a really long time. I'm 80th because people ordered multiples. I didn't say anything negative about anyone ordering multiples. I don't mind the flippers who will say they aren't flippers.

I read the three months part and thought there may be an estimation on how long the orders would take.

Relax, men. You don't have to jump to internet arms and fire up the keyboards!

I think you're being a little unfair to the people that ordered multiples. It's been my experience and observations that blatant flipping really isn't a problem with these knives and I think the vast majority of the people that ordered multiples did so because they genuinely wanted two of them or they were ordering for friends. I ordered three, but two are going to friends, and I'll most likely be trying for another one in a Friday sale so that I have two.
I've been quite happy to wait for Nathan's knives to be completed via the preorders. I was almost last to claim an HDFK in the preorder, and I'll be receiving it today according to tracking. I know you said that you don't know how long you can wait, but just be patient, three or four or five months isn't that long. At least Nathan starts getting knives out when he says he will.

^ I agree. I ordered two and paid for both, but one was for Grog who was working that weekend and wanted an earlier fulfillment as opposed to much further down the list. No rules were broken in doing so since I paid for both and he paid me back for his so in other words, there's a buddy system on here where friends who know and trust each other, help one another. I may or may not try for another EDC-2 on the wild-wild Friday sale, but if I do and should I be unsuccessful to land one, at least I am 99.99999999999999% guaranteed that I will get my EDC-2. It's either preorder or the Friday sale madness to get at MSRP unless one wants to go to Blade Show 2018 which is another madness onto itself. Other than that, the secondary market pricing. IMHO, anyone who managed to get on that preorder list is fortunate that Nathan is even considering them or else about 1/2 of these good and well meaning customers will not be able to get a CPK that easily at MSRP!

I think you're being a little unfair to the people that ordered multiples. It's been my experience and observations that blatant flipping really isn't a problem with these knives and I think the vast majority of the people that ordered multiples did so because they genuinely wanted two of them or they were ordering for friends. I ordered three, but two are going to friends, and I'll most likely be trying for another one in a Friday sale so that I have two.
I've been quite happy to wait for Nathan's knives to be completed via the preorders. I was almost last to claim an HDFK in the preorder, and I'll be receiving it today according to tracking. I know you said that you don't know how long you can wait, but just be patient, three or four or five months isn't that long. At least Nathan starts getting knives out when he says he will.

Again, for some reason my post was more of me wondering how long it would be because another poster said they weren't likely to get theirs in 2018. Re-reading it, maybe he meant 2017? I didn't say anything negative about the multiple orders. I mentioned the multiple orders put me at #80 instead of maybe #60. I didn't say I didn't agree with anything. I didn't say they were all flippers. I even said I didn't mind the flippers.

I've been around this forum a little. I got in on a fk preorder I was able to get proxied for an EDC. I know exactly how things run here and I didn't say anything negative about any of it. I don't have a problem waiting. My comment was based on someone saying it would be over a year.

Some posters are seeing conflict where there isn't any. Please good sirs, you don't have to defend or come to the rescue of anything. I'm not bad mouthing anyone or any process and I can read.

Reading the orders would start to ship in three months made me wonder when the pre orders might get done. I've not challenged the process or anyone's statements. The white knight brigade can stand down.

Thanks guys.

I'm a pretty regular guy over at a sub-forum where the battle cry is "NO REGRETS" :cool:...

I like that philosophy, especially when it comes to blades-- more especially when it comes to blade preorders! :)

I understood Luke as being simply bummed <a little> in general because he'd have to wait for a whole buncha blades to get finished out before he got his EDCdeaux in hand...I didn't interpret any ill-will directed towards the more HOG-ish ;) pre-orderers.

All good! :thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:
56262002.jpg

Would it be possible to order an extra sheath? One of each?

Yes. I think the extra sheath is $50. You can contact Jo to order things like replacement scales and sheaths and to coordinate return for sharpening or other maintenance etc., she handles all of that. Her email is jocarothers at gmail dought com

I must say I'm a little disappointed if it's the same style sheaths as before. But it's the only complaint I have, so wth. ;) I can understand the arguments that they carry smaller, but in terms of versatility they don't count for much. It feels like a waste and I wish there was the option to order without sheath, since it ends up like very expensive product packaging for me and others that order custom sheaths right away.

Back