CPK EDC2

I am a big fan of Mashedcat sheath. I cannot be happier when Jo told me she is working out the EDC2 sheath details with Eric.

Eric's work and customer service is one of the best in the market. He is my goto guy for my kydex sheath. He gets to see most of my fixed blades collection(RMK, Busse, CPK, FF, OKT, LTWK, BHK, Blackfeather Knives etc) before I see them.

Anyone planning on making leather for theirs when they come out? Feel like making two lol?

You know it! If I'm lucky I might even get to make 3 or 4!

I think that your existing EDC pattern should already fit the future EDC-2. I am just guessing about that from the superimposed pictorial Nathan has showed us a while ago but I will have to see the actual EDC-2 and compare it to the EDC to discern the differences in the belly and the upsweep on the tip. I would encourage you to work on designing a horizontal carry pattern :)

Anyone that ordered multiple edc-2 looking to part with one when they arrive? Looking to get my first cpk but those Friday sales are too quick for my internet connection.

Anyone that ordered multiple edc-2 looking to part with one when they arrive? Looking to get my first cpk but those Friday sales are too quick for my internet connection.
this was actually a preorder for about a week I believe....and yes Friday 3pm sales work for the members that have computer day jobs and down time:confused:

If my edc doesnt work for me, I will let you know;)

Getting excited for these, especially now the HDFK preorder is a wrap and a few EDC2 have been announced for a future sale... It can't be too much longer

Oh fooque me! I remember being slower than usual on that preorder day so I went back and counted and came to find out that exactly 20 EDC-2 units are spoken for by those ahead of me so in my best estimation, I will most likely not see my pre-ordered EDC2 in 2018, unless I manage to snag one during the to-be-announced Friday's sale this Dec.

Oh fooque me! I remember being slower than usual on that preorder day so I went back and counted and came to find out that exactly 20 EDC-2 units are spoken for by those ahead of me so in my best estimation, I will most likely not see my pre-ordered EDC2 in 2018, unless I manage to snag one during the to-be-announced Friday's sale this Dec.

80 in front of me. Mostly inflated by people that ordered multiples. Im hoping for some type of estimated date for those of us that are so far down the line. Im not sure how long I'm willing to wait.

80 in front of me. Mostly inflated by people that ordered multiples. Im hoping for some type of estimated date for those of us that are so far down the line. Im not sure how long I'm willing to wait.

Well, waiting is part of the experience of life. But I'm absolutely certain that none of the output will go unsold irrespective of what you might decide to do. Be assured that Nathan has pretty much met every one of his pre-order targets. But I doubt you will get any firm kind of time estimate this early in the process since so many parts of the process can often require rebalancing with respect to time and output.

40 people are in front of me because I foolishly took 2 minutes to read the info in the thread before ordering.

The Pre-order for the EDC2 was offered only 3 months ago! People are allowed to order more (Multiples) more than 1, so their is nothing Inflated about the process! You receive the knife (s) in the order in which your pre-order was placed! Seems about the fairest way to fulfill orders to me! Don't believe a guaranteed Delivery date was given on the Original Pre-order Thread! It says they will start to finish up in 3 months! I will wait patiently for my order and Congratulate those who receive theirs ahead of me! Somebody has to be first, and somebody has to be last. Just glad for the opportunity to receive TWO of these!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think you guys are being a little sensitive and/or reading a little too much into that post. Someone mentioned they wouldn't get their edc for a long time because they were 40th. I looked and realized I was 80th so it could be a really long time. I'm 80th because people ordered multiples. I didn't say anything negative about anyone ordering multiples. I don't mind the flippers who will say they aren't flippers.

I read the three months part and thought there may be an estimation on how long the orders would take.

Relax, men. You don't have to jump to internet arms and fire up the keyboards!

In that preorder I said they would start to ship in about three mounts and it has been about three months since that order closed. It is now time for the first of them to start to ship and they will start to ship next week. We are within a couple weeks, that's pretty close to when I estimated so I feel okay about that.

We were a little ahead of schedule but there were some issues at Peter's with their oven rebuilds which put things behind about three weeks. That's okay though, it allowed us to complete all of the HDFK preorder before starting on the EDC.

I expect that we'll complete about 60 of them by the end of the year. As we described in the preorder some will go towards the preorder and some will go in regular sales. I'll probably bias the output toward the preorder.

Last edited:
Back