Cruwear PM2

That's interesting. I've found Cruwear to be one of the most corrosion resistant non-stainless steels. What have you been cutting?

Thats the crazy part I have not used it for anything but cutting some paper and carboard. I have no idea how it got patina spots already.

Just walked into my local dealer who rarely gets anything good and he had one. I never swiped my card so quickly.. best PM2 I've handled. Anybody have pics with heavy patina?

Mine has shown very good corrosion resistance in the tropics. I've cut plenty of food and even cleaned a few fish and no patina at all. That said, it did show some minor pitting from sweat when carrying IWB. Interestingly it didn't stain or patina, but it did show some pitting.

what is pitting?

Thats the crazy part I have not used it for anything but cutting some paper and carboard. I have no idea how it got patina spots already.

Hmm that's odd. Have you tried rubbing it down with some goo gone or something similar to make sure it's not just some kind of residue?

I'm favorably impressed with this knife/steel over the past few weeks with garden/orchard/light kitchen use. Keeping a great edge, with minimal touch-up on UF novaculite. Acting more like Cru-NONWear. (I do avoid weedroot dig-cuts, though, for which another knife is better suited.)

I am fairly diligent about rinsing off organic and inorganic residue, then shake and blot dry; in-the-pocket dry for internals. No notable patina.

A CruWear Native would be keen.

I've used froglube off and on over the years with no issues. I don't use it on my Ar15 though. I Also use frog lube on some of my guns stored in my safe with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

not in wet and humid florida. although oregen is wet isnt it? stored in your safe that is dehumidified? and long term?

not in wet and humid florida. although oregen is wet isnt it? stored in your safe that is dehumidified? and long term?
No the safe isn't dehumidified but it's left open most of the time when i'm home . Been using it for around 4 or 5 years mainly for storage of some firearms . Also on a couple of blades and yes it rains 8 months out of year in Oregon. I like how froglube stays dry until it heats up then lubes everything up . So it doesn't attract dirt/dust . I'm not a big time frog lube fan thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread I'm just saying for my use its performed well . I also use many other different types of lube.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm favorably impressed with this knife/steel over the past few weeks with garden/orchard/light kitchen use. Keeping a great edge, with minimal touch-up on UF novaculite. Acting more like Cru-NONWear. (I do avoid weedroot dig-cuts, though, for which another knife is better suited.)

I am fairly diligent about rinsing off organic and inorganic residue, then shake and blot dry; in-the-pocket dry for internals. No notable patina.

A CruWear Native would be keen.
what a grate idea! a native 5 G10/cruwear,wonder why they haven't thought of this by now,because spyderco has made the native's in just about every other steel!i thought the native was there test-bed for knife steels!maybe not,but if they would make one in ether M4 or cruwear)i'd buy one right now.:thumbup:

I like froglube , only problem is of you use it on your pivot it can get gummy over time , every couple months you have to clean and reapply. Thats my experience at least.

I like froglube , only problem is of you use it on your pivot it can get gummy over time , every couple months you have to clean and reapply. Thats my experience at least.

Very true because it takes heat to make it wet and lubricate the best.
EDIT: That is one of the benefits for firearms is its like a dry lube so it doesn't attract dirt . It only gets wet/oily when heated. The guns I've used it on its worked well but it's very strange to have your gun look dry and goes against most cardinal rules of keeping your firearm nice and lubed with the exception of glocks that like very little lube except in key areas . But anyway after a couple of shots at the range the guns all lubed and wet . I've only shot a couple hundred rounds at once but it held up fine . Also makes cleaning after very easy since most of the residue just wipes off and even makes cleaning the barrel easier . I can definitely see though how it would gum up a pivot on a knife since it doesn't have the heat to make it oily . When I've used froglube on knives it's mainly been just on the blades .

Last edited:
Back