CS knives you want upsized/downsized/modified

I really want an Sr1 lite. The same handle and straight profile, but a thinner blade.

Bring back the medium Espada in G10, run it in different colorations, and get the price back down to what made Cold Steel a value knife several years ago.

And I second the motion for XL Recons, also in various colorations and at a budget price.

Bring back the medium Espada in G10, run it in different colorations, and get the price back down to what made Cold Steel a value knife several years ago.

And I second the motion for XL Recons, also in various colorations and at a budget price.
I agree. The medium Espada almost looks like a mini Talwar. It’s honestly sad to see a lot of awesome CS designs go extinct.

I would like to see all of their 4"-6" folders offered in 3.25-3.5" versions.
I guess there's a market for everything. CS should follow Benchmade/Spyderco/Hogue practice by offering Large & Small version of all their models.

Bring back the hollow grinds. I love Cold Steel, they're the only knives I even still care for in the $100 price range, but I just won't buy the new flat ground ones. My enjoyment came from the Tri-Ad mixed with the super thin hollow grinds. As it stands I have to scour the classifieds to find the good AUS-8 and XHP models. Even then I prefer the AUS-8 because that XHP was some of the chippiest steel I've ever encountered. I bet the S35VN would perform great hollow ground if the CRK track record with it is anything to go by.

Reactions: AF
Talwar Super XL with a 7" dlc blade in s35vn

Recon 1 Super XL with a 7" dlc blade in s35vn

Code 4 Super XL with a 7" dlc blade in s35vn

SR1 XL with a 7" dlc blade in s35vn

SR1 Lite XL wifh a 7" dlc blade in aus10a

Oyabun XL with a 12" dlc blade in 3v

All push daggers in aus10a

Absolute minimum : Satin bladed American Lawman.

Better : Satin bladed American Lawman + Thicker G10 + hollow grind blade (like the old Lawman).

A dream come true : Satin bladed American Lawman + Thicker and rounded G10 + hollow grind blade (like the old Lawman) + Thumbstuds touching the handle when open (acting like external stop pin to increase resistance to lateral forces).

Last edited:
Absolute minimum : Satin bladed American Lawman.

Better : Satin bladed American Lawman + Thicker G10 + hollow grind blade (like the old Lawman).

A dream come true : Satin bladed American Lawman + Thicker and rounded G10 + hollow grind blade (like the old Lawman) + Thumbstuds touching the handle when open (acting like external stop pin to increase resistance to lateral forces).
Taking inspiration from ZT I see, haha. Good choices man. I’d love to see that version of the Lawman too.

Back