Cult of the peanut , members

Things have not gone my way for the last few weeks. I also have not carried my peanut for a few weeks. Partly by choice and partly due to travel. Coincidence? I even lost a knife....

I'm glad to have the case peanut back in my pocket. I'm a fortunate fellow and truly have nothing to complain about. Using my peanut today for a few chores was enjoyable.

It turns out I really like the half stops on a small knife. Anyone else? I have been looking at other brands of peanut and may not get them because of the lack of half stops.

I find that half stops on small knives like peanuts are really convenient when closing the knife one-handed. With them I can push the blade with my index finger to the half stop position, then reposition the knife in my hand to finish closing the knife with my thumb. Takes a lot longer to describe than to do it. :D

40a466b1220b4a6e5ef6d398b83bf503.jpg

It has been a full week with the peanut as my only knife in the pocket. It has taken some getting used to as I used to be a tacticool knife kind of guy but my eyes have been opened since I got this nut. It has done everything I have asked of it without a problem. No more mall ninja knife fantasies for me. This knife, and other traditionals for that fact, are plenty of knife for me. And we don't have a mall where I live. The peanut is going to be in my pocket for a long time.Thanks to my kids for such a great Christmas gift.[emoji41]

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

With a little care, the pen blade tip can be used to make a starter hole for a wood screw. Gently!
I am finding the peanut is a very handy companion. I still like my trapper but im loving my peanut. I find the peanut does all my cutting as good as the trapper.

This thread needs more pictures. So in honor of Stag Saturday...

Case Stag CV 1970, Rapid River Red Stag 2008 (Probably made by Queen)
lBzwfXl.jpg

Case Single Blade Stag 1986 SS
rjKSaVt.jpg

This thread needs more pictures. So in honor of Stag Saturday...

Case Stag CV 1970, Rapid River Red Stag 2008 (Probably made by Queen)
lBzwfXl.jpg

Case Single Blade Stag 1986 SS
rjKSaVt.jpg

Is that a single blade with swedges?! Be still my beating heart

I'm finding that even though I have carried smaller pen knives, there's just something beguiling about the compact but not-too-small peanut jackknife. It really has served well for every task I've asked of it.

I have been carrying a Case peanut (I think I have seven or eight of them now) for about six months. I carry one every day no matter what, usually paired with a SAK and another larger slipjoint. My peanuts easily see more action than any other knife I own. Although, tonight I did use my SAK Sportsman coupled with an allen wrench to install a new seat on my bike. [emoji1338] I find numerous uses for my peanut every day. I've probably used the blue bone Case peanut in my pocket at the moment ten times today. So useful! This is why I often gift peanuts to people. [emoji4]

Alex

I have been carrying a Case peanut (I think I have seven or eight of them now) for about six months. I carry one every day no matter what, usually paired with a SAK and another larger slipjoint. My peanuts easily see more action than any other knife I own. Although, tonight I did use my SAK Sportsman coupled with an allen wrench to install a new seat on my bike. [emoji1338] I find numerous uses for my peanut every day. I've probably used the blue bone Case peanut in my pocket at the moment ten times today. So useful! This is why I often gift peanuts to people. [emoji4]

Alex
[emoji106] im the same way. Every time I need to cut something I go to the peanut more and more. I used to think I needed a top notch steel of the month tacticool blade. Then I got a trapper and even dull it cuts better than those thick bladed modern knives. Should have known better as I was raised on traditionals. Guess I have came back to my knife roots. Now the peanut has a permanent spot in my pocket and gets called on without hesitation.

Back