1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Beautiful scales on that peanut. In my experience ( 15+ peanuts) most new peanuts have blade rap. I close the main blade slowly on all of mine. It takes a lot of sharpening to remove it once it’s there unfortunately.

L.H.S likes this.
  2. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

peanutsxx, .577NE, chuck4570 and 18 others like this.
  3. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
    Awesome collection! Love the Damascus peanuts.

akaMatt and Vaporstang like this.
  4. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Thanks!

JaxBaron likes this.
  5. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    I totally agree with this! :thumbsup:

-- Mark

jackknife and JohnDF like this.
  6. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
    29C6F07B-106B-41ED-9AF5-22D49E36E89F.jpeg

7. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Might as well apply for membership. I picked up this CV yellow nut yesterday. I've had a RR peanut for quite a while but somehow it wasn't quite the same. And by the way, I find that I too prefer the greater angle of the Case blades,.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    peanutsxx, Dschal, waverave and 17 others like this.
  8. JofAllTrades

JofAllTrades

Jul 19, 2014

Been away from the porch for a while, and I come back to find I'm nearly a month behind in my reply to the class that keeps bringing me back!

If your offer on that point is still good, I am still interested!

waverave likes this.
  9. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    [​IMG]

chestnut cv again today

peanutsxx, chuck4570, Dschal and 9 others like this.
  10. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    :thumbsup: drop me an email - [email protected]

11. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
  12. marantz

marantz

Aug 1, 2004
    Jofalltrades, waverave-
    Not allowed to deal spot, so no link, but searching with duckduckgo (cause they don't track you like google) for case peanut with bail gives a dealer with case cutlery peanut burnt salmon bone with bail. A little too pink for me, but maybe she would like it.

13. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Stunning! :thumbsup:

Shooter xix likes this.
  14. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    Thank you kindly

Ace Rimmer likes this.
  15. jackknife

jackknife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Guys, I love all the beautiful little legumes you post!!!!

Although age and arthritis has removed me from the roles of The Cult, I will always hold the peanuts as my favorite pocket knife. Little beauties that I never tire of seeing. Keep on posting those legendary legumes.:thumbsup:

Former/retired Grand High Muckba Of The Cult.

16. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    I like those burnt salmon versions...but only because they can be dyed to my liking. The version I received was the ugliest knife I've ever owned. A little dye and it is a totally different knife. The light pink bone will take just about any color.
    Case_Peanut_bail_01.jpg

17. marantz

marantz

Aug 1, 2004
    Wow, waverave, that's a sweet looking peanut. And it started out pink? So, did you just dip a q-tip in dye and paint the handle scales? What dye did you use? Also, please elaborate on the chain use. Is that a belt clip, and can you mainly use the knife still attached?

I assume you helped out jofalltrades. Thanks for that, and for the beautiful photo of a beautiful peanut. I only own one true peanut, a (lighter) blue Case, but several peanut sized knives from Buck and Schrade. I'll have to figure out how to post photos and add to this thread.

18. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Well guys I got my dream peanut yesterday!! If I wasn't so tech challenged I'd post pics.Case xx 1940 -64 with awesome stag covers. Fit and finish is really good super snappy really clean example
    Super happy with it can't wait to put some miles on it.

19. Lansky1

Lansky1

Apr 12, 2016
    I"ve taken a liking to the slim single blade Case peanuts (the double blade ones just seem to wide for the length of the knife ....)
    [​IMG]