Cult of the peanut , members

I finally got myself a real Case Peanut. I found a store (relatively) near by that is a dealer for Case (along with some other brands), which is awesome. It is a beautiful looking knife, but unfortunately the main blade has blade rap (I didn't drop the kick or anything on the main blade, which is the one that has the blade rap). I contacted Case, as I sharpened it about 20 times to no avail.

(This shop doesn't sell online AT ALL, so I'm hoping this picture is okay. It's the only one I took of the knife.)

yqhfF5Ml.jpg
Beautiful scales on that peanut. In my experience ( 15+ peanuts) most new peanuts have blade rap. I close the main blade slowly on all of mine. It takes a lot of sharpening to remove it once it’s there unfortunately.

Might as well apply for membership. I picked up this CV yellow nut yesterday. I've had a RR peanut for quite a while but somehow it wasn't quite the same. And by the way, I find that I too prefer the greater angle of the Case blades,.
pc9bkLA.jpg

Last edited:
As has been stated, much easier to just buy one with a bail already. There are a few versions available including jigged bone and MOP. I can help you with this if you want...just reach out :thumbsup: I even have an extra chain for you ;)

Been away from the porch for a while, and I come back to find I'm nearly a month behind in my reply to the class that keeps bringing me back!

If your offer on that point is still good, I am still interested!

Guys, I love all the beautiful little legumes you post!!!!

Although age and arthritis has removed me from the roles of The Cult, I will always hold the peanuts as my favorite pocket knife. Little beauties that I never tire of seeing. Keep on posting those legendary legumes.:thumbsup:

Former/retired Grand High Muckba Of The Cult.

Jofalltrades, waverave-
Not allowed to deal spot, so no link, but searching with duckduckgo (cause they don't track you like google) for case peanut with bail gives a dealer with case cutlery peanut burnt salmon bone with bail. A little too pink for me, but maybe she would like it.
I like those burnt salmon versions...but only because they can be dyed to my liking. The version I received was the ugliest knife I've ever owned. A little dye and it is a totally different knife. The light pink bone will take just about any color.
Case_Peanut_bail_01.jpg

Wow, waverave, that's a sweet looking peanut. And it started out pink? So, did you just dip a q-tip in dye and paint the handle scales? What dye did you use? Also, please elaborate on the chain use. Is that a belt clip, and can you mainly use the knife still attached?

I assume you helped out jofalltrades. Thanks for that, and for the beautiful photo of a beautiful peanut. I only own one true peanut, a (lighter) blue Case, but several peanut sized knives from Buck and Schrade. I'll have to figure out how to post photos and add to this thread.

Back