Cult of the peanut , members

My first Case peanut. Such a prize...half stops, autumn bone, great F&F, and sharp as I need after about 10 strokes on the Lansky ceramics stix.
gzKXcSih.jpg

Very nice peanut!

I am a huge fan of the Peanut. My latest has been the 3 blade Scouts. Such awesome little pieces! Managed to snag a backup for my stag...2 is 1! Lol!

Seeing this thread pop up reminded me that I received a new Peanut from the auction site, and it came to me gritty as all hell! I’ve been working the blades with some mineral oil, but they still have quite a way to go before I’m satisfied!

Trapper Mike, that is a beautiful peanut. I cannot tail in my picture but is it black synthetic with stainless blades? How does the stainless work for you?
It is the brown synthetic and he stainless works pretty good. I can get it scalpel sharp pretty easy.

Robeson Model 622393 in strawberry 🍓 bone.
View attachment 1593044
View attachment 1593045
Wow. That is fantastic. Looks very slicey

I am a fan of very thin blade stock on small knives, even I can put a razors edge on them. It’s probably silly but I find my case peanut a little thick and have been carrying my 2 blade Congress for the last couple years because I like it and I can get it so sharp. I prefer a peanut pattern.

I am a fan of peanuts - I have carried a red pocketworn in CV VERY regularly for a few years (since 2017)... but I still don't know if I like it as much as a small pen (I know, blasphemy). Something about the clip on the pen just holds an edge over the peanut. I can't explain what does exactly, but I just know it ;)
aX5fC9c.jpg
zgk8Wqo.jpg

If I had to guess, maybe it is that the pen blade has a bit more belly and is more blunt in the tip(?). Also, the blade spine is in line with the backspring more... the peanut cants in just enough that I think about it occasionally 🤷‍♂️.

Really just splitting hairs at this point : I do love using both of these patterns and feel that either can handle the bulk my daily tasks during the work week.

Last edited:
Wow. That is fantastic. Looks very slicey

I am a fan of very thin blade stock on small knives, even I can put a razors edge on them. It’s probably silly but I find my case peanut a little thick and have been carrying my 2 blade Congress for the last couple years because I like it and I can get it so sharp. I prefer a peanut pattern.
100% agree 👍

I am a fan of peanuts - I have carried a red pocketworn in CV VERY regularly for a few years (since 2017)... but I still don't know if I like it as much as a small pen (I know, blasphemy). Something about the clip on the pen just holds an edge over the peanut. I can't explain what does exactly, but I just know it ;)
aX5fC9c.jpg
zgk8Wqo.jpg

If I had to guess, maybe it is that the pen blade has a bit more belly and is more blunt in the tip(?). Also, the blade spine is in line with the backspring more... the peanut cants in just enough that I think about it occasionally 🤷‍♂️.

Really just splitting hairs at this point : I do love using both of these patterns and feel that either can handle the bulk my daily tasks during the work week.
Both are nice looking knives Rubythroat. 👍
How did you get that patina on the secondary blade of the peanut? Looks really cool. 😎👍

Both are nice looking knives Rubythroat. 👍
How did you get that patina on the secondary blade of the peanut? Looks really cool. 😎👍
Thanks! On another thread, I saw a post where Knives&Lint Knives&Lint did this on one of their secondary pens, and I liked it so much that I gave it a try. I mixed mustard and hotsauce together and painted on random polka-dots using a toothpick. After 45 mins, I wiped off the dots with a wet cloth, dried, and overlayed a second coat of dots randomly by repeating the process. It was really fun to do, and turned out surprisingly well👍

Back