Cult of the peanut , members

I am a fan of peanuts - I have carried a red pocketworn in CV VERY regularly for a few years (since 2017)... but I still don't know if I like it as much as a small pen (I know, blasphemy). Something about the clip on the pen just holds an edge over the peanut. I can't explain what does exactly, but I just know it ;)
aX5fC9c.jpg
zgk8Wqo.jpg

If I had to guess, maybe it is that the pen blade has a bit more belly and is more blunt in the tip(?). Also, the blade spine is in line with the backspring more... the peanut cants in just enough that I think about it occasionally 🤷‍♂️.

Really just splitting hairs at this point : I do love using both of these patterns and feel that either can handle the bulk my daily tasks during the work week.

That turned out looking sweet, man! Great job!

Your post here is timely, as I am about to finally join the cult of the Peanut this week (the good Lord and USPS willing ;) ). When I got the notification for being mentioned in this thread I wondered how the heck did somebody know I was getting a peanut before it even got here 🤣. Unfortunately it's not in CV so no patina, but should be a looker nonetheless (purple bone), and I'll be sure to post here when it comes in.

That turned out looking sweet, man! Great job!

Your post here is timely, as I am about to finally join the cult of the Peanut this week (the good Lord and USPS willing ;) ). When I got the notification for being mentioned in this thread I wondered how the heck did somebody know I was getting a peanut before it even got here 🤣. Unfortunately it's not in CV so no patina, but should be a looker nonetheless (purple bone), and I'll be sure to post here when it comes in.
I have had my eye on those purple peanuts - they look really slick. I am excited to see what yours looks like 👍

It came in today! The purple covers are a bit dark for my liking, but overall I am happy. I already went ahead and brushed the bolsters as I do with most of my Case knives. One of the reasons I went with this version is because of the stripes on the bolsters. I think leaving those polished with the rest of the bolster being brushed makes for a nice look.

9r8NMeH.jpg

It came in today! The purple covers are a bit dark for my liking, but overall I am happy. I already went ahead and brushed the bolsters as I do with most of my Case knives. One of the reasons I went with this version is because of the stripes on the bolsters. I think leaving those polished with the rest of the bolster being brushed makes for a nice look.

9r8NMeH.jpg
Congrats! I really like those "Purple Kool-aid" scales, and those bolsters sure are pretty!! Great knife:)

Question:
Old Timer 12OT PAL; Single blade, no blade lock.
Ither 2 3/4 or 2 13/16 closed ... Peanut size, at any rate.

Do the 12OT count as a peanut, or does a peanut have to have two blades?
View attachment 1598206
I've carried a 12ot on and off for years and I've always considered it a peanut. Case has made singles, triples and 5 blade peanuts too. Some call the 12ot a dogleg. As far as I'm concerned, its a peanut. Or maybe both a peanut and a dogleg ;)

CampfirePeanut3.JPG

I've carried a 12ot on and off for years and I've always considered it a peanut. Case has made singles, triples and 5 blade peanuts too. Some call the 12ot a dogleg. As far as I'm concerned, its a peanut. Or maybe both a peanut and a dogleg ;)

View attachment 1598275

Since Glenn gifted me the 12OT with stag scales, it has not left my pocket. I think of it as a very classy 'peanut type' pocket knife. Close enough!

Well, after an extended vacation, came back home to the porch yesterday.

While working on the motorcycle of all things, taking off an old crankcase gasket, the peanut came to the rescue in a few tight spots I couldn't get my razor blade into.

Been fun, enjoying a few other platforms, but I swear the Grand High Muckba's of yore gave me a gentle reminder that for 99% of what I do, I need nothing more than my humble peanut. 😁

hV0NCWT.jpg

LSqYhuA.jpg

This is my new daily carry. The peanut and squirt i have been carrying for awhile now. I just got the 6 in snap on pliers, 6 in crescent wrench, and the little stubby screw driver. The screw driver fits nice in a front pocket and has been really handy. The pliers and wrench i carry on my hip but both fit well in a back pocket. I lost my little 4 inch wrench that i always carried. I just got tired of my bigger leathermans. With these tools i can get some serious work done that a leatherman just isn't designed for. As a mechanic and DIY guy this really works well for me.

hV0NCWT.jpg

LSqYhuA.jpg

This is my new daily carry. The peanut and squirt i have been carrying for awhile now. I just got the 6 in snap on pliers, 6 in crescent wrench, and the little stubby screw driver. The screw driver fits nice in a front pocket and has been really handy. The pliers and wrench i carry on my hip but both fit well in a back pocket. I lost my little 4 inch wrench that i always carried. I just got tired of my bigger leathermans. With these tools i can get some serious work done that a leatherman just isn't designed for. As a mechanic and DIY guy this really works well for me.

I found out that if the little squirt is too small to handle it, then a 'real' tool is needed. With a compact belt pouch, you can carry a real pliers and small adjustable wrench easier, lighter, and lower cost than a big Leatherman. And having separate tools not bundled together, is a real advantage in doing a real job. And nothing beats a dedicated knife for cutting. You're 'nut is looking good, Mike!:thumbsup:

I found out that if the little squirt is too small to handle it, then a 'real' tool is needed. With a compact belt pouch, you can carry a real pliers and small adjustable wrench easier, lighter, and lower cost than a big Leatherman. And having separate tools not bundled together, is a real advantage in doing a real job. And nothing beats a dedicated knife for cutting. You're 'nut is looking good, Mike!:thumbsup:
QNNacXT.jpg

Yes i totally agree with you. This is how i carry my pliers and wrench. I cut a slit in the pouch for the wrench to go down in behind the pliers. Also these pliers are way stronger than a Leatherman will ever be. Thanks on the peanut. It hasnt left my pocket since i got it.

hV0NCWT.jpg

LSqYhuA.jpg

I carry a 4” ChannelLock in preference to the small Knipex that I thought was going to be the cat’s pajamas. For a long time I have disdained slip joint pliers, but these Snap-Ons look like they could be the shizzle with their three pivot positions. Your post has awakened the sleeping tool-junkie that inhabits my body.

I carry a 4” ChannelLock in preference to the small Knipex that I thought was going to be the cat’s pajamas. For a long time I have disdained slip joint pliers, but these Snap-Ons look like they could be the shizzle with their three pivot positions. Your post has awakened the sleeping tool-junkie that inhabits my body.
I too am a tool junkie. I have always liked the snap on slip joint pliers. I have a bigger pair on my tool box that has seen alot of use through the years. When i saw these 6 inch ones i had to try them. They are great. They fit in a back pocket great. I tried them in a front pocket for a couple of days and that is not to bad. I like the leather pouch carry the best at work. I have been just as impressed with the crescent brand adjustable wrench. It is a 6 in that opens up to 15/16 in. Most this size usually dont open that wide. Also the handle is wider than most and is pretty comfortable to use.

I too am a tool junkie. I have always liked the snap on slip joint pliers. I have a bigger pair on my tool box that has seen alot of use through the years. When i saw these 6 inch ones i had to try them. They are great. They fit in a back pocket great. I tried them in a front pocket for a couple of days and that is not to bad. I like the leather pouch carry the best at work. I have been just as impressed with the crescent brand adjustable wrench. It is a 6 in that opens up to 15/16 in. Most this size usually dont open that wide. Also the handle is wider than most and is pretty comfortable to use.

I see that Snap-On makes a 4-inch slip-joint as well. From this distance, the 6-inch looks a lot more useful. Either way, the both look a bit bulky for the front pocket. If I get one, it will end up in a motorcycle tool roll.
If you like wide jaws on an adjustable wrench, ChannelLock has a small one that opens up to 42mm. I don’t have it in front of me, so I can’t say for certain it is 6”, so it could be eight. That one comes in handy on motorbikes for steering stems and fork tubes. I have no need to carry that one in a pocket.

Back