Cult of the peanut , members

Case peanut in chestnut and CV. A beautiful little knife that punches well above it’s weight, without taking any excess pocket retail. The added bonus is that it was a birthday gift from my wife in 2014, so whenever my hand slips into my pocket I think of her and smile.

Case peanut in chestnut and CV. A beautiful little knife that punches well above it’s weight, without taking any excess pocket retail. The added bonus is that it was a birthday gift from my wife in 2014, so whenever my hand slips into my pocket I think of her and smile.
So...I’m guessing your hands don’t feel like two balloons!:D Welcome to the traditional knife forum. I’m somewhat new around here also, really enjoying it, hope you do as well.

Welcome to The Porch! Hope you will hang out and share some pics of that ol' peanut. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the porch!

Carrying an old Camillus 21 Pony Jack in my shirt pocket today, it’s in good condition but the clip blade is warped quite badly and there’s a lot of blade rub. It’s ridiculously sharp though, and I really like using something with a bit of history behind it. Case peanut ever present too.

Gentlemen, I took a seat on the porch a couple of months ago. I purchased a simple yellow case peanut and was welcomed with open arms. I have a question for the expert legume lovers: After caring my peanut since about October, I have noticed that the tip of the clip blade has a substantial curve so that it almost touches the outer liner. I am not the cause of this as I have used it very lightly. However, it does not seem to really bother me. Should I send it back to case or simply enjoy it as a bit of character built into the knife? I really love caring it and truthfully it has not prevented me from doing anything.

Some months ago, I bought a Case Peanut in Chestnut jigged bone with CV blades, but I cannot for the life of me find another example! I’d like to introduce some friends and colleagues to traditional knives, and my little CV peanut has incredible fit and finish, so I’d like to start them out right (then we can move on to GECs )

Has Case discontinued the humble peanut with jigged chestnut bone and CV?!?

Some months ago, I bought a Case Peanut in Chestnut jigged bone with CV blades, but I cannot for the life of me find another example! I’d like to introduce some friends and colleagues to traditional knives, and my little CV peanut has incredible fit and finish, so I’d like to start them out right (then we can move on to GECs )

Has Case discontinued the humble peanut with jigged chestnut bone and CV?!?

I can't see it listed anywhere, and my usual supplier doesn't have it anymore - it looks like it's been replaced by the Cabernet bone line. That surprises me, as the chestnut bone line seemed to be very popular, so I'm sure must have been a best seller.

IMG_2838.JPG IMG_2836.JPG A "new" (to me) 2 dot delrin peanut. Lots of scuffs and patina, missing a bit off the tip of the main blade, but after a little TLC it's back in action and ready for years more use! Think I will call him Stubby; kinda like a little old terrier with part of an ear or the tip of it's tail missing from previous adventures, but still always ready for action!

IMG_2852.JPG IMG_2853.JPG IMG_2854.JPG IMG_2856.JPG IMG_2858.JPG IMG_2859.JPG IMG_2860.JPG I guess I might as well keep this thread going with another "new" peanut! Just arrived today. Still had the factory edge (now shaving sharp). Very snappy action. Pre - dot, so it's apparently spent a lot of time in a sock drawer! Anyway, here she is, in all her glory.

Enjoying a nice weekend in NW Oklahoma!
Eaujmyy.jpg

Hpedxsb.jpg

Back