• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Current Ebay Flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
By your point I should be just as aggravated that my ebay pics /listings were used here. In fact ebay does have a rule against it, I suppose it's only enforcable on ebay, but the gist is the same.And he used pics of knives he had no connection to, I used his pics in error. It's the only time I've made that mistake, I have a new tablet and posted from it while at VA DR. I picked up his pics from here when I added my own to ebay. His were not the only ones in the ebay listing. No One has mentioned that, but it seems a big to do about nothing, if you want a knife here buy it, if you don't , please don't bash the guy who did. I'll gladly follow the rules posted, any rules. Just don't see any posted about how long a knife must be held, catch and release, whatever you want to call it. And last night , hours after I purchased a couple from another member, Jeffrey Schmall? posted in the sales thread," Well I missed the 85 to MP95B20, I can wait a few days and buy it for a $100 more on ebay". I responded, and both our comments were removed. I realize my action was childish and shouldn't have allowed myself to be baited, but same guy bought a knife from me on ebay, after purchase he tried to leave me negative feedback, said all my knives were overpriced, i sell buy it now, if you don't like it, move on. But he bought then wanted his say, after I offered to buy it back if he wasn't satisfied, ebay removed the feedback, in 9 years I've never had a negative, in 900 transactions, so I did get a little hot, If you don't like somebodies business then leave it alone, don't try to mess with it, all uncalled for, Now I've got to buy some knives, I appreciate a forum to respond, Mac Mac

Yes all these words.. but just be honest, you’re doing it for profit. And the pics you used/stole was for profit. What you’re doing takes the community out of this forum. But why should you care about that? Use eBay. A lot of us do. But when you snag hard to find knives then list buy it now for a big increase, don’t wonder why sellers aren’t selling to you on here.

If he wants to buy on here and then flip on eBay for a higher price, that's his prerogative... personally I don't care for it, I'm not much on flippers regardless of what website they use.

Using another members pictures and or description though, makes him a lazy seller at best. If he's to lazy to take his own pictures and do an accurate description then how can one trust that he would take the time to properly package the knife once he resells it and it's time to ship.

The biggest issue I have with the buyer in question is this, about a week ago I was contacted by another member (not the OP of this thread) basically about the same issue... knife was bought on BF's and flipped on eBay for an $80 mark up using the sellers pictures.

The problem arises in the description... the seller on BF's clearly stated that the knife had been sharpened by the previous owner, however the eBay description says the knife is NEW. I don't care how good the knife looks, if you're the third owner and it's been sharpened, it's not new.
Actually the listing that sold in a few hours did have that info in it, I neglected to hit dsave when i added to description, buyer has already recd it and is extremely happy. Likes the polished look and planned on using it anyway, He got a free professional sharpening and blade polish. I'm not perfect and I do make mistakes, but none intended or for a few bucks. I doubt I make 30 a knife after fees. I just like to do it, it takes up my time and I love knives, and knife people. I sure din't mean to step on any toes, and if anyone sees an item I caught and you want it, just holler. I can't read minds, I don't know your desires, let me know I'll work with anybody, and money isn't everything. With my pension I don't have to work, I just like to work. The habits of a lifetime, Mac

Actually the listing that sold in a few hours did have that info in it, I neglected to hit dsave when i added to description, buyer has already recd it and is extremely happy. Likes the polished look and planned on using it anyway, He got a free professional sharpening and blade polish. I'm not perfect and I do make mistakes, but none intended or for a few bucks. I doubt I make 30 a knife after fees. I just like to do it, it takes up my time and I love knives, and knife people. I sure din't mean to step on any toes, and if anyone sees an item I caught and you want it, just holler. I can't read minds, I don't know your desires, let me know I'll work with anybody, and money isn't everything. With my pension I don't have to work, I just like to work. The habits of a lifetime, Mac

Another mistake? How many “honest mistakes” are we suppose to brush off?
You listed new for profit: it’s all for profit. Just stop with the BS.

Listing a used knife for new is flat out lying. No ways around it.

Actually it wasn't in the description if you didn't put it in the description.

Look, at this point you should stop responding. You are only further hurting your already damaged reputation.

Another mistake? How many “honest mistakes” are we suppose to brush off?
You listed new for profit: it’s all for profit. Just stop with the BS.

Listing a used knife for new is flat out lying. No ways around it.
so far as i know it's the only one, please call me a liar again, Mac

I'm left to ponder the truth contained in the flippers signature but which one applies here?

so far as i know it's the only one, please call me a liar again, Mac
1- you mistakenly stole pics for a an eBay flip for profit sale
2- you mistakenly called a used knife new in another eBay flip for profit sale

And I’ll continue to call you a liar as long as you keep lying.

Mac:

I'm a very experienced eBay seller and have been on that Site for almost 18 years with currently well over 11,000 feedback which quite frankly would have easily been twice as much and then some, if everyone had left me a feedback. I am not sayin this to be boastful but just to let you know that when I claim that I understand eBay, I can back it up with eBay wherewithal (incidentally, I sell auto part as a vocation and not knives as my main staple, but I have sold a handful of knives there too because they didn't move on the Exchanges).

Most people do not understand that selling on eBay involves a much higher risk as eBay is heavily biased toward buyers so personally I have ZERO issues with someone who assumes the additional risk via their own markup, whether justified or not to elect to sell on eBay. Some people who constantly dwell on this Site tend to live in a bubble of their own community without realizing that there's a much larger market out there and most folks who are more casual and more pedestrian about their hobby or are just Intl. buyers do not tend to join BF.com, USN, etc...

But:

You had used the sellers photos! As someone who claims to know of eBay's own rules and the fact that you claim others have done it to you, do you not find it disingenuous and very wrong that you've done this to seller? If it is your kinda jam to assume the risks and make something like $80 gross over what you had paid, then more power to you but I can see as to why and how the seller is annoyed, miffed, etc - Some justified and some he ought to get over.

Where you lost me:

This whole thing about having served to defend our rights, etc. No need to conflate two very separate issues and to bring that sorta stuff in here to defend where you screwed up! Please let's not get into that because that sorta "defense" cheapens your own service in addition to the service of those who have served very faithfully and dutifully without even uttering a word about their service. Think about it!

Last edited:
1- you mistakenly stole pics for a an eBay flip for profit sale
2- you mistakenly called a used knife new in another eBay flip for profit sale

And I’ll continue to call you a liar as long as you keep lying.
And I corrected both errors asap, a mistake is a mistake only if you persist in it. 2 errors out of 300 listings, >1% errors, how's your average? mac

And I corrected both errors asap, a mistake is a mistake only if you persist in it. 2 errors out of 300 listings, >1% errors, how's your average? mac

300 knife listings?

From a few post back:
“I've bought over 100 knives, 20 went into my collection”

That’s 80- based on your “fuzzy math”.

Keep replying and digging. You’ll be in China before long.

300 knife listings?

From a few post back:
“I've bought over 100 knives, 20 went into my collection”

That’s 80- based on your “fuzzy math”.

Keep replying and digging. You’ll be in China before long.
you assume facts not in evidence, 300 listings on ebay, 100 purchases here. Get your facts straight, you don't need a shovel, your mouth doing you a great job, but this bores me. You can say what you like, it doesn't affect me in the least, and I sleep very well. And my money spends everywhere, just wished you weren't so insecure, people can buile themselves up in two ways, self improvement and bashing others. Your path is evident. Mac

If you don't like somebodies business then leave it alone, don't try to mess with it, all uncalled for, Now I've got to buy some knives, I appreciate a forum to respond

I think MP95B20 just admitted to being, or at least, acting like a Dealer (in BF language).

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

Maybe a Mod can look into 'his business'? @knarfeng Boru13 Boru13

The only time I have ever been bothered by a flipper is when that flipper lied to me to get a better price. He said he was a poor college student and messaged me a few times to really make it seem like he was super interested. I finally broke down and took pity on him. I was a poor college student once. I sold him a PM2 for $80, and I covered the shipping. A few days after he received it, he posted it for sale for $140 FIRM. Needless to say, I learned a lesson. I will never sell anything below market value, even if they come up with a good story.

The only time I have ever been bothered by a flipper is when that flipper lied to me to get a better price. He said he was a poor college student and messaged me a few times to really make it seem like he was super interested. I finally broke down and took pity on him. I was a poor college student once. I sold him a PM2 for $80, and I covered the shipping. A few days after he received it, he posted it for sale for $140 FIRM. Needless to say, I learned a lesson. I will never sell anything below market value, even if they come up with a good story.
Actually, someone trying to buy a knife as cheap as possible seems 100% consistent with being a poor college student, as does seeking a $60 gross profit on said knife. I believe a person who flips a knife for profit can be a college student. I really think that if you felt sympathy for him as a poor college student you can go back to feeling that way and it will all feel better overall.

Now, on the forums, huh, huh, whoo sunny morning,
Lies a post just oozin' life,
And someone's fightin' for their country
Could that someone be Mac the Knife?

I think MP95B20 just admitted to being, or at least, acting like a Dealer (in BF language).

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

Maybe a Mod can look into 'his business'? @knarfeng Boru13 Boru13
The problem is that he doesn't appear to be flipping much here.

He has gained a certain negative reputation here though...

The problem is that he doesn't appear to be flipping much here.

He has gained a certain negative reputation here though...

The rules don't really specify that he has to be selling here, just that a Dealer is anyone that purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). I quoted the whole paragraph because it does say that it's up to the Mods to decide who's a dealer and who's not...

As for his reputation, bleah...

The rules don't really specify that he has to be selling here, just that a Dealer is anyone that purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). I quoted the whole paragraph because it does say that it's up to the Mods to decide who's a dealer and who's not...

As for his reputation, bleah...
I think his reputation here is the most important part, especially since he seems to be dealing mostly in traditionals. That is a tight knit group. Word gets around. His supply will dry up.

I quoted the whole paragraph because it does say that it's up to the Mods to decide who's a dealer and who's not...
He's not breaking any BF's rules in my opinion... at least for now.
I think his reputation here is the most important part, especially since he seems to be dealing mostly in traditionals. That is a tight knit group. Word gets around. His supply will dry up.
Nailed it.

From a current ad on ebay:

New 060119 Wharncliffe smooth white bone Great Eastern Northfield Un XLD. 2 3/4" closed. Never used ,carried or sharpened .The Great Eastern Cutlery Northfield #06 Pemberton is a traditional classic with its "coke bottle" shape. At 2.75" long, it's a realatively small knife that is very easy to carry. It makes a great pocket knife for those small everyday cutting needs that come along. Made with pride in Titusville, PA. We are an authorized Great Eastern Cutlery Dealer and purchased this new knife direct from them.

From a current ad on ebay:

New 060119 Wharncliffe smooth white bone Great Eastern Northfield Un XLD. 2 3/4" closed. Never used ,carried or sharpened .The Great Eastern Cutlery Northfield #06 Pemberton is a traditional classic with its "coke bottle" shape. At 2.75" long, it's a realatively small knife that is very easy to carry. It makes a great pocket knife for those small everyday cutting needs that come along. Made with pride in Titusville, PA. We are an authorized Great Eastern Cutlery Dealer and purchased this new knife direct from them.

What is the significance of that ad to this thread? I presume there is something, but it isn't apparent from just reading the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back