• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Current Ebay Flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is it that a person that names themself as a Dealer isnt made to purchase a Dealers membership?
I've never saw where he referred to himself as a Dealer.

It was copy/pasted, rather than a screen shot
It was post 59

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dealer Membership is only required if you're actually selling or promoting on Bladeforums, right?

Another thing I've been wondering, is what is Ebay's policy in regards to lying on a listing, specifically, listing an item as new when it is not..... we have proof.

NOTE: Whatever your feelings on the matter. All comments belong in this thread only. Do not post commentary in sales threads. Doing so will get you an infraction with points.

Do not screw up the sales threads.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dealer Membership is only required if you're actually selling or promoting on Bladeforums, right?
The paid memberships come with selling benefits. Any member can buy. Rules are made for those that that abuse, so he may land up getting his own special rule. I doubt the moderators are hearing anything they are thrilled about, but right now it seems to be an Ebay problem rather than BF. IMO We will all just have to deal with it on an individual basis for now.

I saw that when it was posted... believe me, I wish it was a screenshot.

Oh.

Well in that case... Here's a screenshot of one of MP95B20/Oldhand2013's current ebay postings (different from post #59) where he claims that he is an authorized Great Eastern Cutlery dealer (highlighted as well as his name for verification and the ebay item number). Must've been a mistake... :rolleyes:

das.JPG
dsad.JPG

Last edited:
Dirty knife flipper, lol

I actually bought that forest Jack off Mac, He messaged me about the sharpening & polishing mistake before I paid,
Then dropped the price for his mistake.

Later I saw it was right off the exchange and had a chuckle,
I thought He got it off the knife fairy

In the above screen capture He has obviously cut and pasted the description from a dealers webpage,
and did not edited it well...
I'm sure He has no delusions of being a GEC dealer..

Dirty knife flipper, lol

I actually bought that forest Jack off Mac, He messaged me about the sharpening & polishing mistake before I paid,
Then dropped the price for his mistake.

Later I saw it was right off the exchange and had a chuckle,
I thought He got it off the knife fairy

In the above screen capture He has obviously cut and pasted the description from a dealers webpage,
and did not edited it well...
I'm sure He has no delusions of being a GEC dealer..

1- he either “Has obviously cut and pasted the description from a dealers webpage,
and did not edited it well...”
Or
2- he purposely put it in his description at a better chance to sell his knives for profit- like listing a used knife as new.

Believe what you want. It’s pretty obvious to most of us that he is at least extremely dishonest.

He dishonestly reused some pictures and an item description?
That hardly qualifies as extremely dishonest in any book.
Has he cheated someone? Go read his feedback, none of those people look sad....

My only contact was actually buying the knife listed as new but was used,
It's in my pocket...
He brought it to my attention that he had made a mistake, he discounted the blade.
I fail to see the dishonesty...

Fixall Fixall
The PM I mentioned contained a screenshot of that same ad, and a link to it . :thumbsup:

steelnut steelnut
Yours wasn't the only used knife he labeled as new.
I don't particularly care that he's flipping knives, myself...especially since he's using ebay as his outlet. It's the other stuff - using other people's images and words, inaccurate descriptions, false claims, etc that I consider, well, unsavory. I'm glad you are happy with your knife (and discount); but that doesn't change the opinion I've been forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back