• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Current Ebay Flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
He dishonestly reused some pictures and an item description?
That hardly qualifies as extremely dishonest in any book.
Has he cheated someone? Go read his feedback, none of those people look sad....

My only contact was actually buying the knife listed as new but was used,
It's in my pocket...
He brought it to my attention that he had made a mistake, he discounted the blade.
I fail to see the dishonesty...

I understand your view and your experience. But please think of other guys who buy knives from him that aren’t as experienced and maybe some who he doesn’t “remember” he made a mistake in the listing.
Btw I’ve sold on eBay for years and you can adjust a description at any time- especially if it’s buy it now since no bidding.

For example, when I discovered Northwoods last year I bought an esky Zulu and was told it was in great condition, only carried a few times. When I sold it later on the new buyer told me it was sharpened and that there was a profile change in the blade... all of this because a seller was dishonest and I did not know any better.

The last thing we need are for people to turn around and sell his used-new knives here as new and people get upset that they are not.

Edit:
“He dishonestly reused some pictures and an item description?
That hardly qualifies as extremely dishonest in any book.”

He is also doing this on a large scale. I don’t believe he is a knife guy just trying things out and supporting a habit as he claims. Check the exchange and see all the knives he scoops up in one day and then you see them all listed the next week. It’s a business to him.

I get what you said if it was a casual buyer/trader, a mistake in a listing happens. But that he is not.

Oh Mac is a dirty knife flipper (Mine had fingerprints and lint all over it)
As usual people, Vote with your dollars.
New guys will figure it out, it's part of the fun.

The only way you can buy a NEW GEC knife on ebay,
Is through one of the GEC official dealers that sell there, there's only a few
Everyone else is fibbing, Lol
Every other knife listed is pre-owned period..

Using text and pictures from someone else and not indicating that, is dishonest. It is also prohibited by Ebay rules. Indicating you are an authorized dealer when you are not is extremely dishonest. Carelessness is not an acceptable excuse for deception. It's similar to a writer plagiarizing someones work. It was knowingly done. It's misleading and unprofessional at the least. Just because people on Ebay were not aware they were misled doesn't make it right. Character and honesty should be the backbone of any business. Unfortunately, that is not always what we see. Someone tell me where I am wrong.
Enjoy the day and be safe.

Using pictures of the knife that He now owns, If only for a brief time?
It's rude tacky and thoughtless, but is it Dishonest?
Where are the people He cheated? Who has been financialy wronged?
So far we have borrowing pix without asking,
and being faster on the mouse than the rest of us!

Cutting and pasting the specs (And properly editing them...) is a great way to accurately give info on anything you are selling...
I'm pretty sure the dealers cut and paste it from the manufacturers sales material.
I see tons of people using their stock GEC images to sell

Using text and pictures from someone else and not indicating that, is dishonest. It is also prohibited by Ebay rules. Indicating you are an authorized dealer when you are not is extremely dishonest. Carelessness is not an acceptable excuse for deception. It's similar to a writer plagiarizing someones work. It was knowingly done. It's misleading and unprofessional at the least. Just because people on Ebay were not aware they were misled doesn't make it right. Character and honesty should be the backbone of any business. Unfortunately, that is not always what we see. Someone tell me where I am wrong.
Enjoy the day and be safe.

Completely agree.

Oh Mac is a dirty knife flipper (Mine had fingerprints and lint all over it)
As usual people, Vote with your dollars.
New guys will figure it out, it's part of the fun.

The only way you can buy a NEW GEC knife on ebay,
Is through one of the GEC official dealers that sell there, there's only a few
Everyone else is fibbing, Lol
Every other knife listed is pre-owned period..

“New guys will figure it out, it's part of the fun.”
Really?
Are you referring to buying a used knife that’s listed as new like the example I gave of myself? Where I had to refund, apologize and have my character as a seller be called into question?
If that’s you’re definition of “fun” then I have no reason to read anything else you type about this.

I understand that rules are rules and that members should be able to rely on an ability to participate fully in the benefits of membership so long as they follow those rules. However, there is also an unwritten rule that the owner of the site, through his “staff,” has the right to dump anyone for a good reason, or no reason at all. Seems to me that general douchebaggery/questionable honesty is reason enough to dump this guy. One man’s opinion.

So in your experience you were ripped off by someone.
But this guy borrowed pictures without asking,
I'm not seeing the parallel?

“New guys will figure it out, it's part of the fun.”
Really?
Are you referring to buying a used knife that’s listed as new like the example I gave of myself? Where I had to refund, apologize and have my character as a seller be called into question?
If that’s you’re definition of “fun” then I have no reason to read anything else you type about this.

So in your experience you were ripped off by someone.
But this guy borrowed pictures without asking,
I'm not seeing the parallel?

Why do you keep saying that the only thing he has done is borrow pictures?

I was referring to how he has sold and has currently listed his used knives as “new”. That happened to me as described above. And it was not a fun experience.

He is also doing this on a large scale. I don’t believe he is a knife guy just trying things out and supporting a habit as he claims. Check the exchange and see all the knives he scoops up in one day and then you see them all listed the next week. It’s a business to him.

There is a reason these are going to Ebay rather then be sold here. If he was just trying out and changed his mind they would be right back up on the exchange where he would have no fees. It's a business for him, and not an honest one from what I am reading here. Then again if he tried these selling tactics here he would loose his source rather quickly.
the Ebay ads are just not honest descriptions

Another mistake? How many “honest mistakes” are we suppose to brush off?
You listed new for profit: it’s all for profit. Just stop with the BS.

Listing a used knife for new is flat out lying. No ways around it.
This is what I see in his “trying to defend” posts:
“Blah blah bla bla blah...blah blah.”

mKgu9nw.png

tsxBKNN.png

NcaAcwc.png

Last edited:
I could care less if he buys and resells knives. That has been done for thousands of years.
But there is no doubt that he is dishonest. Stop defending the lies and deceit.

Why do you keep saying that the only thing he has done is borrow pictures?

I was referring to how he has sold and has currently listed his used knives as “new”. That happened to me as described above. And it was not a fun experience.
Some people just read what they want in a post and ignore the obvious facts.

This guy is selling new as used for his financial gain. That is cheating someone out of their money. This is undeniably obvious.

And it's not just a copy and paste mistake. He has to also click the item condition box. This is deliberate misrepresentation.

Ebay showing 266 Brand New GEC 4 sale at this moment,
Only a handful are from dealers so.....
Apparently a lot of dishonesty going on over there, Who'd a thought?

For those who do not know, eBay is very specific about items which sellers define as being "new" at least when it comes to knives. eBay does not allow usage of terms such as LNIB, Like-New and similar; it is either NEW same as when you receive from a retailer, i.e, unopened, not fondled and untouched. Otherwise it is USED even if it was merely opened up to inspect and flip a few times to check for action, F/F.

Apparently a lot of dishonesty going on over there, Who'd a though?

Just curious, how would you know that?

I believe it is perfectly acceptable for an individual to list a knife as new, as long as it has not been used and remained in box, etc. People do it here hundreds of times every day. I don't see it has to come directly from the manufacturer or official dealer to claim as such. It's quite an acceptable practice.

The issue here seems to be the times he has bought here as carried/lightly used and then lists on eBay as NIB etc.
I do not see him as a super villain. But, I can't say I approve of all the things he seems to be doing either. If people don't like it, don't sell to him here or buy from him on eBay. I have found this thread to be of some value.

Apparently a lot of dishonesty going on over there, Who'd a though?

Dealers would agree with you that only they can sell new, but not all are aware of this distinction and will list LNIB(not used, carried or sharpened-just stored) as new. This however is a far cry from listing used as new. If however those 266 are listing used as new, they are equally at fault. Ebay is not BF, but here we know to give accurate descriptions of items including their faults. Since he is a BF member he should know better. I think he does, but doesn't care if it interferes with his sales and profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back