• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Benchmade Scales

the inlay looks great. Can you put a wood inlay in a linen or canvas micarta for a mini griptilian? Thanks, Gustav

the inlay looks great. Can you put a wood inlay in a linen or canvas micarta for a mini griptilian? Thanks, Gustav
I'm afraid the threadiness of the fabric might lead to sort of fraying around the inlay and it might not be seamless... it's one of those things I've wanted to try but haven't had time.

One from this week.

I'm afraid the threadiness of the fabric might lead to sort of fraying around the inlay and it might not be seamless... it's one of those things I've wanted to try but haven't had time.

One from this week.
Ooh, what is that material? And do you have any left to make another one?

Tim

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Is there a way to order a custom backspacer for the new Benchmade Crooked River? I hate the orange look.

Been awhile since I posted anything.

Dyed Maple Burl

Red Micarta

Amboyna

Purple G10

Brown and Tan G10, inlay design with lanyard

Silver Twill

CF and Ctek

So these are made out of the uniforms a customer wore in Afghanistan, for the knife he carried there. He made the material, not me... I just mill stuff.

And we have some carbon fiber with dyed redwoodburl. Most of the dye didn't seem to penetrate, but there are some blue areas. Either way, nice looking set.

Are you still making scales? I'd be interested in a set of carbon fiber and green micarta scales for my large griptilian.

Hi guys,
I'm leaving on vacation today. I won't be back till the 27th. It won't affect any orders currently in the works, but I will probably be very slow to answer emails while I'm away. Please don't think I'm ignoring anyone, I will get back to you eventually.
Ryan

Anyway, here's a couple from last week.
Couple from this week.

CF and Ivory Micarta

CF and Dyed Maple

I am always in awe when I see your scales. Btw, did I see that correctly that you add your own spacers to the g10 940 scales?

I'm interested in some micarta scales for a mini grip. Please get back to me at your convenience. No rush. Curious about wait time and install instructions. :)

Hello

do you still manufacture G10 scales for the Benchmade knives?

I've started this new thread as a repository of pictures of work I've done. Makes it easier for everyone to see my work and some general info if they're interested. It starts out with the basic options, then I'll try to keep posting pictures of my fancier sets. So feel free to page through, I'll be adding pictures every time I make something different.

Everything is made to order so there is always a wait time, I do not keep anything in stock. I try to keep it as short as possible, but I am one man working alone in his free time, so there's only so much I can do as I get more and more business. So be sure to inquire about the wait time if you're interested in having something made.

I post a lot of other pictures on Instagram as well, I'm DeathOfAllThings there too, feel free to follow.

Adding new stuff to the first group of posts all the time.

Mini griptilians and large griptilians farther down in the post.

I'm only doing 940, mini griptilian and large griptilian scales right now. It takes awhile to program other models and I have very little time. The Benchmade 580, 585 and 710 are on the way but I can't say exactly when. I also have some titanium, bronze, and copper spool standoffs in the works as an upgrade option over my standard stainless ones. I'll be sure to post here when those are ready, might be a little while yet though... very busy.

940s
These are fully cnc'd, come with stainless spool spacers and screws required. The scales have brass inserts installed for the clip screws to thread into. They're an excellent upgrade to your aluminum handles. They really have some nice traction. $97 shipped and paypaled for G10, $115 for carbon fiber. PM me or email me with questions. ryan_m_roberts@hotmail.com
Sorry the pictures only show one side of each, it's a huge pain in the butt to disassemble the knife entirely 10 times.

Blue G10

OD Green G10

Tan G10

Orange G10

Red G10, it's somewhat translucent

Coarse Black Peel Ply G10

But it has nicely radiused edges so it's easy on your hands.

Black G10

Blue and Black Layered G10. The top layer of blue is only a single layer, so you get a really dark blue as the top layer and a brighter blue racing stripe. :)

Coyote Brown G10

And Carbon Fiber

And now White G10, probably looks awesome with a black blade, unfortunately I don't have one to picture it.

Toxic Green G10

Forest Green G10

OD Green and Black G10

Griptilians
Pictures aren't great for the older ones, really washed out. I'm going to work on taking new pictures as people order them till I get all the old pictures replaced for you guys.

Anyway, they're CNC machined, then hand finished and bead blasted for texture. Again, very nice for traction and feel. Unlike a lot of the other options out there, these are no thicker than the stock scales. They have the same contour and shape, and the axis lock hangs out far enough to easily use just like the stock scales. They come with stainless spool spacers and all the screws you need to assemble. The large sets have brass inserts just like benchmade uses for the clip screws to thread into. $85 dollars paypal'd and shipped for micarta, $92 for G10, $115 for Silver Twill, $115 for carbon fiber. The inlayed sets farther down cost a fair amount more depending on materials, usually anywhere from $140-$200. If you can't PM, shoot me an email ryan_m_roberts@hotmail.com

Mini Griptilians
The original, OD Green Canvas Micarta. Color will vary from batch to batch with micarta and it darkens with age. So when you get these they'll be really light and eventually they'll become a nice darker green like the second picture.

Toxic Green G10

Red and Black G10

Hunter Orange G10... Probably won't lose this one.

Green Brown And Black G10

Grey and Black G10

OD Green and Black G10

Blue and Black 2x2 G10

Black G10.

Silver Twill

Carbon Fiber

Brown Canvas Micarta

Finally remembered to grab a picture of black micarta.

Large Griptilians

Blue and Black G10

OD Green Canvas Micarta Color on this material tends to vary from batch to batch.

Orange and Black G10

Orange G10

Gray and Black G10

Black G10

Black and Coyote Brown G10

Black and OD Green G10

OD Green G10

Finally Carbon Fiber for the large as well.

New Camo G10

Red G10

Earth Brown

Back