• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Benchmade Scales

Hopefully I responded to everyone. Here's the highlights from this week.

CF and died maple burl. Colors seem weird at first but it really grew on me in the short time I had it.

Paper micarta and ironwood

Email sent regarding a set of carbon fiber mini grip scales!

ETA: Pleasure to work with you Ryan. Looking forward to receiving my set.

Last edited:
Like Rockspyder said I can do whatever side you like for the clip side, or both or none. With or with out lanyard hole is also a standard option. I haven't seen any G10 available that would be dark enough that I would call it charcoal gray. This is really the darkest I've seen. http://masecraftsupply-com.3dcartstores.com/G10-Cool-Gray-18-x-5-x-12_p_2734.html Other than that black is about the best I can do.

Rockspyder - That material is called "fadeone" from beyondwoodproducts. It was a limited/special edition material and I'm not sure there will be any more, so I was pretty happy to get that piece. It's basically 12 of their resin colors all poured together and it's pretty neat. I believe I have enough to make one more set, though it will probably have to be a flat sided set because the left over pieces are pretty thin. Might be awhile before I get time to make the other one though.

Also, daylight shot:

OMG that is UNREAL!!

I'm interested in a basic set of either black or a dark grey flat peel ply scales with a blue anodized set of spacers for a large Griptilian. It's the 550 HG. Please send me a message regarding pricing and time line for this type of set. I may be missing something but I looked to send you an email or private message and I can't figure it out so I figured I would post here and you would get the message. Thanks.

20160320_190737_zpsifym1dfa.jpg
[/URL]

I couldn't be happier with these scales and the pictures really don't do them justice.

Just an absurd level of quality.

Received my set of plain CF mini grip scales. They are fantastic! My sentiments echo those from the previous poster.:thumbup:

Can anyone post some width comparison photos of the included GTX griptillian scales with DOATs scales?

Back