1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

cwf ht gaw - winners

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by bluntcut, Dec 5, 2016.

1. WilliamCody

WilliamCody

Aug 30, 2016
    I'm in (as long as I qualify, which I believe I do since you expanded).

Thank you sir.

2. ocnLogan

ocnLogan

Jul 31, 2011
    I'm in.

I've been following your crystal weaving foundation thread for a while (haven't contributed, just been reading it), and would love a chance to try out a high hardness knife with that HT. In fact, it would be my first knife with any steel more "super" than 440c, vg10, or 1095. I also enjoy woodworking, and have made a few handle scales in the past. It would be fun to put one together/finish either knife. Although, I'm guessing that at 68hrc, it would take a while to sand down those scratches :p.

Many thanks for doing this GAW, and good luck to everyone :).

3. vxd

vxd

Dec 1, 2011
    I'm in. Thanks!!

4. foofie

foofie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Slightly off topic - but I finally bought your book on Amazon. It's been sitting in my cart for a couple months. Won't get read in time for an additional entry, but I am sure it will still be worth it.

5. gosuto

gosuto

Feb 7, 2015
    I'm in! Thanks mate!

6. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm in. Great looking blade and great GAW. Thanks for the additional entries for Vets and LEO.
    I'm a vet.

7. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    I'm in if a spot is still available (LEO). Thanks for an awesome GAW.

8. nagod

nagod

Jun 29, 2005
    im in ,thanks

9. bodog

bodog Banned BANNED

Dec 15, 2013
    I'm in and thanks for the opportunity Luong

10. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'm in, and thanx. Mil Vet.

11. alex

alex

Oct 12, 1998
    I would like to be IN if there are any spots left. thank you for the giveaway!

12. luskrb

luskrb

Oct 7, 2016
    IM in! thanks

13. bluntcut

bluntcut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 28, 2012
    Appreciated, hopefully the book is enjoyable to read... :thumbup:

14. bluntcut

bluntcut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 28, 2012
    I've been looking for a slightly warped 10V blade... Found it - my hastily put together 1st gaw knife :grumpy:

[​IMG]

So the winner of the first gaw can choose 1st or 3rd/bottom knife

Handle: stabilized curly mango, natural curly mango, natural Asian Satinwood Burl
    Weight: 3 oz, 2 oz, 1.7 oz

[​IMG]

This is what 2nd gaw knife look like before I epoxy with g-flex

[​IMG]

I grinded/cleaned-up 1st & 2nd gaw blades with 120 grit ceramic belts... Michelle/book-author asked me to make them look nicer :)

15. bluntcut

Apr 28, 2012
    General Entry is *CLOSED*. Still *OPEN* for MilVet/LEO/etc and answers to book trivia.

For each gaw knife - a winner and a standby. Winner need to post claim & email address to me within 24 hrs, otherwise fall through to standby

If I omitted someone, please let me know.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  16. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    Man you make this exiting!
    Both knives look great.

17. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    seriously...I'm quite excited about the possibility of winning one of these!!!

18. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger

Jul 23, 2007
    Very nice knives
    If I get one I will test it hardfor sure

19. bud1911

bud1911

Jan 23, 2014
    I'm a vet and I'm LEO, if there's still room.

20. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    Luong, give my spot to someone who missed out. I have benefitted from your generosity before, pass my spot to another member.

Regards, Russ

Those are great looking knives luong! Very kind of you...