Day 1: the end of my Cursed existence.

AA, looking at that deck makes me want to buy a DeWalt chop saw, load up the pickup and help you fix it. Alas, too many wives, too many kids.

Appreciate the thought, Aardvark.

The deck in the picture is my neighbor to the lefts'.

My deck washed 50 ft. to the right into my other neighbors back yard- has since been chopped up.

Neighbor to the left's deck (now in my backyard) is getting a date with my Sawzall® and will be made into my new pier this summer.

Ad Astra :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ad Astra said:
. . . Aye, know what yer thinkin'- a bit tooo close to the Sea, arrggh.

Pretty good ESP ya got there, Mike . . .

Seriously, many congratulations!

Noah

Himalayan Imports thoughts and prayers go out to you. Bravo.

Yangdu said:
Himalayan Imports thoughts and prayers go out to you. Bravo.
My thanks to you, Yangdu, and thanks for having me as a guest in the wonderful house that Uncle Bill built.

Mike
Ad Astra

richardallen said:
how is it going?

regards,

Keno :)
thanks, Keno.

Day, what 16? Feeling great. Seeing many things in a different light, now. I have chosen a different path. It's harder than the one I was meant to walk, but I've made up my mind. It already is more rewarding: I'm living as I choose to and this ability takes me by surprise. Can anyone do this? Yes, if they: 1. Wish to., and 2. Try. And positive support is also real important...

Some observations...

Houseguests, a couple, are staying with us. The man has 2 scotches at 5 PM exactly (watching the clock?), wine with dinner, and always, an after dinner drink- B&B, liquer, etc. I've know him for 10 years and never seen him vary.

When his wife went into the hospital for a week for surgery, he stayed with her the whole time- but I remember him sneaking booze in to drink at night. He has never gone 24 hrs. without drinking that I know of.

Funny thing- we are great friends- but I have heard him write off people as alcoholics. "He is a drinker, what do you expect?" he'll say- about someone else.

Now this man's not an alcoholic- is he? You tell me. I'm not the alcohol police.

My point is it's a slippery slope.

Maybe booze is like p_t- something fun, but that you should grow out of eventually. You only have so many brain cells...

Well it's a good feeling. Now I can be a buddhist: something about the eightfold path... no intoxicants... must re-read some of those Shambala Press little books.

And if it's true "when you quit something, you must replace it with something else" - I've been tearing up XBOX. Used to enjoy it, but then would just get too, uhhh, impaired to play. Need 4 Speed, Cabelas Deer Hunt, Gottleib Pinball, I must have 30 games.

Plus, I can be designated driver- can't hardly wait to get pulled over on a Saturday night. :D

Mike
Ad Astra

Odds of not drinking after a year- 23%. With Campral- 36%. So the odds still aren't very good. Bu I believe if 99 people say one thing, and I say another, 99 people are wrong. :footinmou

Ad Astra said:
Odds of not drinking after a year- 23%. With Campral- 36%. So the odds still aren't very good. Bu I believe if 99 people say one thing, and I say another, 99 people are wrong.
The odds are only to say it's a tough choice sometimes;
sometimes tougher.
you know the choice you need to make every time
You can

Best

~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<> they call me
'Dean' :)-FYI-FWIW-IIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TIA-YW-GL-HH-HBD-IBSCUTWS-tWotBGUaDUaDUaD
<> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

generalizations are only true generally. Statistics be damned.

your choice, always.

Bump for 10 years of sobriety today.

Ten years ago a group of people here I respected loaned me their collective strength to change my life. With their support, I have made a good start.

Many of the are gone and yet they remain; in our hearts, our memories and on these forum pages. Yet I know the Cantina ranks have been refilled with new generations of sharks.

I hesitate to post this. It seems like ancient history; these days I just lurk. Perhaps it will be my last post here.

But when I re-read each post in the thread this morning, Yvsa and the others came to life again. And because of them, I can do it.

"What's this have to do with khukuries? Everything."

Mike

Made God bless you and continue to give you strength brother. You are always among friends. Your ten year successful fight will encourage someone else some day. Take care and thank you for posting.

Mike,

First let me congratulate you. You deserve it for pulling thru this hardship. It takes not only want, but force of will to overcome. I know it hasn't been easy, it almost never is. Please keep focus and endure. Keep up the good work.

The names here have changed and likely always will during this forums life. The one thing that doesn't seem to change though is the true caring, help and support that we give each other here....this is the true legacy of this forum. Please don't let this be your last post here. You are and always will be welcome.

Keep up the good fight! I know what the difficulties are, because I've dealt with them personally. Bravo and Cudos for continued sobriety.

Many of us have crashed and burned and many have done so several times in every respect.

A big part of it is climbing outside your tiny self and finding something much bigger, infinitely bigger, to lose yourself in all humility and love and service....

Everyone's life is a hollow closed off hell when centered on self and then many run from the pain the wrong direction.

I will keep you in my daily prayers to continue the adventure in heading the right direction, the lasting direction, the important direction, and ultimately the eternal direction if you stick with it no matter the ups and downs..

Last edited:
Just remember to be strong and when that craving hits you remember when you were born you didn't drink. It's a mind battle from here on out. One you can and will win. Smoke heading your way. Be strong!

Or simply recall how one day you had the insight that you were tired of looking over shoulder all the time, tired of never enough money, and tired of feeling like (expletive deleted) and the thunderbolt enlightened experience of "duh, maybe if i did not drink all the time, i would be free, have more money, and feel better too!", and never again wish to again be so stupid as to not see something so stunningly obvious..

Back