Day 1: the end of my Cursed existence.

*I* took the same Rhine cruise past die Lorelei35 years ago...it was a beautiful day.

I used to get jockied around Germany by Cobra helicopter (a high speed taxi because of the special work I did) and we used to do fly-overs on the return flights to burn off gas because we weren't allowed to dump fuel there. We always flew over all of the castles and took tons of pics (okay, we flew over the nude beaches and lakes too).

Morning Ad. Good to hear things are well. Will be praying for a light storm season this year.
Terry

Hey AD...How's it going? Staying good?

Just letting you know we haven't forgotten ya. See ya at Blade!!

Thanks, Shappa.

Good? Nope. I feel great. Day 8. Campral is some great stuff. No desire to drink at all. It seems like a small thing to give up (alcohol) in order to get something great: complete control of your future. That's some powerful stuff.

Unable to make Blade. :( :mad: :( Had planned to. Family circumstances (relatives dropping in to stay with us early, and our Atlanta relatives vacating June 2-3) and the move back into our house last Sat. made the show a priority... for next year. :(

Try to eat an extra bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon at Fogo de Chao for me.... you were going to anyways... :D

THE RETURN OF THE PEOPLE: Friday night: Spiritual house cleaning- With a smoldering white sage smudge (looking and smelling like a big doobie) I went from room to room, wafting cleansing smoke into all corners. I was taking no chances on my new start, and had emailed my Uncle Yvsa on the correct usage of healing white sage. He wrote long and careful instructions... which I appreciate very much. My wife read Yvsa's instructions, and simply started helping, opening all cabinet doors and any other places where old things might linger. The house and myself got a fragrant smoke bath... As I spoke the words I felt relaxed & focused... I went outside and "smoked" the FEMA trailer, thusly removing its curse.

ADIOS, CURSED-NO-LONGER TRAILER: Saturday morning: Got the U-Haul, moved our surviving stuff out of storage. Lowes brought our new washer & dryer. And the good guys of the Federal Emergency Management Agency came and towed away my once besotted-demon-infested mobile home. Good riddance.

Happy memories are being made. I work from like 7 AM to 10 PM so have no time to miss drinking. Will be unpacking boxes for months. Building a new & improved garage workshop/metalshop. First project: a Marto sword of good quality is going to get a custom hilt.

I thought this thread was dead so already have downloaded it to burn onto CD. All your help will be there whenever I need it. Many Thanks to everyone who contributed. God Bless.

Mike
Ad Astra

When I stopped drinking Ad, I was able to buy things. Now, mere things are not by themselves a substitute for living either,and can be a trap. But these things brought me places and taught me things. 3 MT bikes, numerous firearms and the wonderful reloading hobby, a truck, a 5,000 dollar stereo, many tapes, records and CD's. I was having fun. Fun. I'd forgotten fun. Drinking is a lot of hard work.

munk

Ad Astra said:
I thought this thread was dead so already have downloaded it to burn onto CD. All your help will be there whenever I need it. Many Thanks to everyone who contributed. God Bless.

Mike
Ad Astra

[DRILLINSTRUCTOR] THIS THREAD ISN'T DEAD UNTIL WE SAY IT'S DEAD, UNNERSTAN' WHAT I'M SAYING? NOW GO UNPACK 20 BOXES![/DRILLINSTRUCTOR]

Noah ;)

Quote munk: Drinking is a lot of hard work.

I'm not sure which is more work...the drinking or the lying about it to yourself and others...

either way ad astra I'm glad you are hanging in there!!

Too bad about missing Blade....I'll raise a root beer to you at Fogo's. :D
I'll probably pass on the filet...I can have that anytime...one of the perks of being a chef. :eek:

Glad to hear things are going well for you, Mike. I don't find it hard to belive that someone so in touch with things would have a less than difficult time quiting a poison. Typically, it is the person that feels that they have nowhere left to go that has an absolute problem. They feel that they are spinning their wheels. Nothing will get better so how can a "few drinks" make it worse? You understand that their will always be room to move, always room to improve one's self. Self, that's something that only a person moving toward a clear mind and clean body can truly appreciate. Self has purpose. Self has refinement...not the rutt digging machine fueled by alcohol and excuses. Will there be setbacks? probably. I hope not, but their very well may be. To that i say come what may. You stay strong, and when you cannot you let us know. You have the ever breathing Cantina, and you have several of our e-mail addresses.
You'll make it, and each and every one of us is proud to know a man like you. One that understands his weakness and is ready to give it up for the good of himself and his family. I'm rasing a Pepsi One in your honor tonight, friend:)

Jake

I'm glad that things are working out for you.

There are still battles that remain to be fought. When they come, remember what you've accomplished thus far.

I will continue to send smoke your way Mike...and if you followed Edutsi's instructions with a good heart, you are well on the way.

Spectre said:
Mike,

It's a beautiful day.

Good to be curse-free, neh?

John
Hai! Spectre-sama. Every day is a beautiful day.

Here's a haiku for you, since we're turning Japanese...

Clarity of thought:
Demons perish with Sage smoke-
Waves lap on the rocks.

Mike
Ad Astra

THE HAPPY ENDING:

1. Moving day. Uhaul comes, FEMA trailer goes.

2. Home by the Sea: new paint, chandelier. Maple pergo floor being put down over new plywood. Aye, know what yer thinkin'- a bit tooo close to the Sea, arrggh.

3. FEMA guy surveys pier wreckage.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed. Burning this thread to CD for posterity- and possible future use/need.

Mike
Ad Astra

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 23
You'll love those pergo floors! I prefer that over the ceramic tile I have now.

Glad to see and hear everything is going well. We'll hope you have been disastered enough for a few years and all the hurricanes go around you from now on. Take care of yourselves!!

Hey Mike...since you're getting all settled back and everything...does that mean we are all welcome to visit and fish off your dock once it's fixed?

;)

Nasty said:
Hey Mike...since you're getting all settled back and everything...does that mean we are all welcome to visit and fish off your dock once it's fixed?

;)

Of course. Are we not family? Email first... we get overlapping guests sometimes in the summer...

I also have a Robalo 2160 21'" Cuddy with a 200 HP Mariner outboard... fun at 44+ mph.

Broken dock or no, the fish- Red Drum (Redfish) and Speckled Trout are biting better this year than last.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346653&highlight=redfish

Same to you Gin- if you get tired of that desert dust, try our tasty waves- and seafood. Yes, loving the pergo- wood look, easy on feet.

Mike
Ad Astra

Back