Day 6: Thank You to Our Designers. In Your Honor We Offer a BK22

Saber BK-16 hands down, although the 15 is a close competitor but its a totally different type of knife than the saber 16

Becker bk2 is by far one of the best all around knives I've ever owned and a bk22 should be even better with the new sheath.

My favorite designer knife - the BK-X, where X = knife being carried that day :cool: , usually a BK-2 for EDC/EDU (legal length in TX AND NOT A Bowie- also banned in TX as illegal for carry) or the BK-7 or 9 for "out on the farm", if not using a USMC or USN. I rotate knives just like shoes - you never wear/use the same pair 2 days in a row. I have friends who place bets on "What knife is he carrying today?".

I love the mighty BK9, but I admit that it isn't my favorite.... My favorite is the mighty-handy BK11 Becker Necker. :thumbup:

(Obligatory crappy picture of the necker at work)
mms_picture-20.jpg

Ultimately, it's the BK2 for me.

004.png

062_zpsa1a0a616.png

060_zps0f45d83f.png

Kinda hard for me to decide...
I like most of the Becker designs, Dozier designs are nice, so is Tooj........ Probably settle on Becker though, or one of the old school fighters.

I will admit I cut across the grain here a bit. I love the BK-15. I tend to eat a lot of steak and it is the perfect knife for it. The 2 is one of the few knives I don't have yet and this would be great to remedy that!

Bk-5,15,17 and 9 modded to a cleaver don't get much rest now that the outdoor grilling season has started at my house. Vegetable and meat prep are a snap with the Becker team. The heavy lifter BK-9 has no equal.

Last edited:
I like too many to name even one. Congrats to Mike on joining in. Thanks for all the giveaways Kabar!

BK-5. It's as close to the perfect all around knife as I've found.

Back