Deals for 9/9 --Pix, DC, Villager CAK , Blems and Bargain

You had to go and post a picture, didn't you? Now I want one right this instant.

LOL...I was trying to help. I thought you forgot what it looked like. Didn't mean to stir up those desires for it again...:rolleyes:

You mean this brother?

Spear Vala - Lachhu - 17 inches - 26.8 oz - Satisaal Wood

I was thinking we'd see a picture of that one. I held that one for a spell. It truly is delightful. Lightest one I've held or heard about. I don't recollect if both edges were sharp, from the picture I'd say they were.

I don't recollect if both edges were sharp, from the picture I'd say they were.

Ummm...yea, they were sharp. I mishandled it when I was putting it back in the bag, and it fell like 6 inches straight down with one of the edges heading straight down, it glanced my palm (the meat part near the pinky), and then my thigh, let's just say, I needed two towels for the blood coming out, and 4 band-aids, then 8 steri strips later (thank goodness I married a RN, and we keep that stuff in all our cars), just to seal the wounds. So sharp, I didn't even feel it. Saw the results, but not the actual cut. I was pretty surprised to say the least. I would not want to be on the true receiving end of this thing, if someone who knew what they were doing, wanted to hurt somebody.

Probably so. I held a very large one first time down to visit and it didn't set off any alarms or dance tunes.
Cul's opposite end of the spectrum small and light nearly floored me, I broke into Disco (yeah I know it's dead), probably still a wet spot on Aunties garage floor where my tongue was dragging and a bit of blood where I ran over my tongue with one of my front casters. (talk about painful!!! and Bookie just laughed!!!) Truth is I had to pry the durn thing out of his hands to hold and fondle it myself. I think he was kind of intrigued with the workmanship on that one. Thought about that puppy all the way home.

Probably so. I held a very large one first time down to visit and it didn't set off any alarms or dance tunes.
Cul's opposite end of the spectrum small and light nearly floored me, I broke into Disco (yeah I know it's dead), probably still a wet spot on Aunties garage floor where my tongue was dragging and a bit of blood where I ran over my tongue with one of my front casters. (talk about painful!!! and Bookie just laughed!!!) Truth is I had to pry the durn thing out of his hands to hold and fondle it myself. I think he was kind of intrigued with the workmanship on that one. Thought about that puppy all the way home.

You can borrow, and fondle it all you want, anytime, just shine it up, and make it happy, since it'll be visiting Mr B's workshop, and being in the presence of that beautiful katana!

I got Culs twin brother by Anil 17-3/4" 33 ounces. I had a Giant on special order but when mine became available shortly after seeing his, I couldn't resist.

Correction, I got the twin to moparsbob. Cul's though is perfect.:thumbup:

Last edited:
You can borrow, and fondle it all you want, anytime, just shine it up, and make it happy, since it'll be visiting Mr B's workshop, and being in the presence of that beautiful katana!

Too gosh durn risky pal. I'd never be able to send that one back. There was some serious love and affection going on in that garage in Reno. Memorable moment for sure. It's like I rose above myself and was looking down upon myself, well heck it's a long story with a semi sad/happy ending. Sad I didn't bring it home, happy you did ya know?
I'll have to check the rule book but since it bloodied you(quite profusely it sounds like) I think your bonded forever.

Just a theory and not looking at numbers just yet but from what's stuck in my head Thamar's length and correlated weight seem always the same. 18 inch = 25 ounces.
Also the shape of his Dui Chirras looks always the same great and classy.
Is he one of the most consistent Kamis or is it just me?

No, you're right. He is very skilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to be very correct. I've got an 18.5 inch and 24 ounce Thamar Yek Chirra, and that is about the lightest I've seen from Thamar.

Think again brother! I think I got the lightest so far. and it is sweeeeeet!!!! Its from Thamars very first shipment of Chirras. I do think it is a bit heavier than that but it aint much more. I should weigh it again I suppose. Im thinking it was closer to 20 oz.

Specs on mine:
Overrall lenght --18''
Weight --16 oz
Spine thickness --1/4''
White metal fittings
Satisal wood handle
Scary sharp blade will keep all intruder away from you
Standard leather scabbard
Wise investment at $145. *SOLD*

That sure is a sweet deal on a mini spear vala. Id have bought that one for that price in a second! Grats Mateos! You did well:thumbup:

I think Ndog has the most giant Spear Vala at 19-1/4" and 43 ounces.

006b9b4d0d048b3fe35079cc61ae4263

That ought to tell you somethin! Thats a Giant Chitlangi Bowie next to it. Oh and a Giant Turkey tail spear point from Georgetown Flint on the other side:D I have equal admiration from each of them makers:thumbup:

Last edited:
Think again brother! I think I got the lightest so far. and it is sweeeeeet!!!! Its from Thamars very first shipment of Chirras. I do think it is a bit heavier than that but it aint much more. I should weigh it again I suppose. Im thinking it was closer to 20 oz.

Specs on mine:
Overrall lenght --18''
Weight --16 oz
Spine thickness --1/4''
White metal fittings
Satisal wood handle

That sure is a sweet deal on a mini spear vala. Id have bought that one for that price in a second! Grats Mateos! You did well:thumbup:

006b9b4d0d048b3fe35079cc61ae4263

That ought to tell you somethin! Thats a Giant Chitlangi Bowie next to it. Oh and a Giant Turkey tail spear point from Georgetown Flint on the other side:D I have equal admiration from each of them makers:thumbup:

Dang dog, that's light! I can see it being sweet.

I love Thamars work. I have one of his Yek Chirras, and a Dui Chirra on the way. But what I'd really like is a Thamar made M43.

Specs on mine:
Overrall lenght --18''
Weight --16 oz
Spine thickness --1/4''
White metal fittings
Satisal wood handle

Wow. I had no idea Thamar had ever done a kukri that light. Even if it is 20 ounces that is one light Chirra. If another like that ever pops up, I may have to jump and buy it.

Wow. I had no idea Thamar had ever done a kukri that light. Even if it is 20 ounces that is one light Chirra. If another like that ever pops up, I may have to jump and buy it.

Ive been watching them since and I dont think its happened yet. I could be mistaken but yall are right about his consistency. If you buy anything from him you got a good one!

I agree Wildmike! That would be very sweet to have an M43 with his traditional style especially the handle. Id like to see a custom one made by him. It would be well received im sure.

Correction Scara: I did water displacement method when i weighed it last. I now have an accurate scale and its 21.9 ounces exactly. Still the lightest I have heard of so far. Its a Yek Chirra btw.

Ive been watching them since and I dont think its happened yet. I could be mistaken but yall are right about his consistency. If you buy anything from him you got a good one!

I agree Wildmike! That would be very sweet to have an M43 with his traditional style especially the handle. Id like to see a custom one made by him. It would be well received im sure.

Correction Scara: I did water displacement method when i weighed it last. I now have an accurate scale and its 21.9 ounces exactly. Still the lightest I have heard of so far. Its a Yek Chirra btw.

Mine is also a Yek Chirra, and according to the kitchen scale (one of the accurate digital ones) mine weighs 24 and 1/8th ounces. His Yek Chirras are often a bit light than his dui and tin chirras it seems.

I think my Dui and Tin are in the 25 oz. range tho. My Yek is the lightest. Thamar is very consistant. I do remember when he made a few with the straightened out "westerner" handle and a more simple or normal cho. A bunch of people squawked about it and Aunti Y must have relayed the message back and since then they have all been the same. Good thing tho cause they are perfect as he is making them now. Plus or minus a few ounces is pretty dang good for a pound and a half knife with fullers. They are very good at what they do!

Back