DEK1

Hey is your swedged version with a penetrator tip also? The tip itself looks thinner, or is that just because of the swedge behind it?

That one does not. I do have a D3V w/ swedge and penetrator tip, Pic is of AEB-L w/ swedge only.

Wish I would have know about the sharpened top edge..approx 3/4"-1"..perfect..dont believe that will be an option any more..sure is badass, though.

That one does not. I do have a D3V w/ swedge and penetrator tip, Pic is of AEB-L w/ swedge only.

Wish I would have know about the sharpened top edge..approx 3/4"-1"..perfect..dont believe that will be an option any more..sure is badass, though.
Ahh ok cool thanks :)
Yes the sharpened tops look sick!
Illegal in my country though.
Nevertheless sounds like you have a nice little cpk collection of deks!

I didn't know about it either. And I don't remember seeing it in the preorder list.

000Robert 000Robert If I may suggest something, try UltiClip (I use slim model).
It's designed for IWB carry and the knife naturally cant itself, so it may be good for you.
I like and use Ulticlip (and Mummert) but vastly prefer Concealed Carry Concepts. Check them out if you haven’t already. I think Lorien Lorien uses or used CCC clip on his DEK1 Kydex and approved, and I am all in on most Lorien approved stuff. Fanboy, to his great embarrassment I am sure

Last edited:
000Robert 000Robert If I may suggest something, try UltiClip (I use slim model).
It's designed for IWB carry and the knife naturally cant itself, so it may be good for you.

I don't like to IWB Kydex. I've been thinking about testing those with leather sheaths though. I have to start saving for the UF2. I thought the pre-order was going to be late summer but it might be sooner than that according to comments that Nathan has made recently.

I'm bring up the rear with the pre-order. All these beautiful pix are just increasing the excitement and anticipation. Should be here mid week, can't wait to see the CPK goodies.

Thanks! I can't wait to see photos of your knife. Do you mind saying how you ordered yours? Jo confirmed earlier to an email I sent to her that the wood in my scales is Cocobolo.

pCoAhfZ.jpg

F13y6rY.jpg

1q6hpd5.jpg

pViqBTe.jpg

That is 🔥 !!! So hot it's sizzling. Definitely my style. Nice one Gusbuster Gusbuster

With great thanks and gratitude to both Jo and Nathan for marshaling my PITA DEK1 preorders and for Jo bearing with my self-absorbed requests of adding stuff after-the-facts. I promise to behave much better in the future, well, maybe ;)

No time for pics now (getting ready for an off the grid trip) but if I get the time, I will take some pics of the satin DEK1 with the rotten trailer park plywood which Nathan must've scored specially for me. When I return, I'm planning on doing some handle scales swaps here in-house to get things the way I want them now that they are laying in front of me with enough extra toys to play around with. Maybe after BladeShow2021.

I specially wanted to pay major props to Nathan because the acid washed/satin combo one with swedge and the penetrator tip ended up being so intricate and delicate but he certainly managed to finish it with the utmost professionalism. Imagine that the acid wash runs all the way across the spine to the tip and then he had to make that tip a penetrator one whereas preserving the AW effect toward the tip. A lesser pro would've just sharpened that top and if the AW wore out, oh welp, AW does wear out with use but no Mr. Nathan Carothers, no siree! Thank you again Nathan for the professionalism if fit and finish. We do notice these things and hence why we will follow you as loyal customers as long as you and yours wish to stay in the game.

Wait what? This is not the I <3 Nathan Thread! OK, enough of me gushing on Mr. NC or else rumors would fly and then I'll in big trouble with the NinJo 🤣

But seriously, great job guys + the CPK-Crew: Mighty Mark, Bo, Fred and Sadie/Ziggy

Back