Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by PNWJimbo, Jun 16, 2018.

1. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    I'll put myself in on this. I sure was saddened by the news of his passing. It would have been nice to meet him. His store is just down the road a way from my house now, wish he was there for me to stop in and say hi.

PNWJimbo likes this.
  2. BenjaminRush

BenjaminRush Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I’m in, thanks for the opportunity. Never met Derrick, but like so many others have mentioned, he really seemed like a wonderful guy.

3. the rat

the rat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I'm in. Derrick was a true stand up guy. I remember calling him one time to alert him of a knife that he had the price on their website way under retail. He told me since I caught it that he would sell me one at that price if I wanted it. A great guy that will be missed by this community.

4. calemerson

calemerson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I am in also, I have bougt a few knives from them and watched his videos.

5. billythekidder

billythekidder

Jul 15, 2017
    Derrick was a great guy, he would go that extra mile to make sure you were satisfied
    Count me in, I would consider myself very blissed, to receive either one of these fine knives.

6. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    Thanks everyone for the INs, been awesome reading everyones responses. Will pick some winners this weekend!

7. jnevill

jnevill

Mar 8, 2008
    I bought many a knife from Derrick, he was a good guy and will be missed.

Jim

8. mastersword

mastersword

Aug 19, 2013
    In.... loved his videos and customer service

9. Rayski

Rayski Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I found out about this tragedy while I was searching the webs for a Freemont after missing the initial drop earlier this month. I have purchased 6 knives from Derrick and everyone of them were perfect. He was a man dedicated to God and his flock. I'd like to think he's giving EDC choice advice in heaven right about now.

PNWJimbo likes this.
  10. Dirty_Dan

Dirty_Dan

May 9, 2017
    You can count me IN. Thanks for the opportunity. R.I.P.

11. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
    I'd like to be in, if I may. Thank you for the opportunity and a great way to memorialize Derrick!

12. Rhod

Rhod

Jul 21, 2017
    In , great way to honour him...hey Jim how ya doin' been missing ya bud -congrats on sticking to yr guns on the facebook thing...:thumbsup:

PNWJimbo likes this.
  13. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Derrick's passion towards our hobby and community can't be measured or overstated. His loss was tragic, but he definitely left his mark on all of us, and we're all richer from the time we had with him.

I never picked up a Northwoods knife. I'm in.

14. Loops

Loops

Jul 8, 2017
    I was very sad to read about his passing, it was so sudden and shocking. I never had the chance to meet him, but I could tell he was an awesome guy. Great way to honor him Jim!

If the GAW is still open, please count me IN. If not, that's cool!

PNWJimbo likes this.
  15. AusLoX

AusLoX

Jan 23, 2015
    I’m in Jimbo! Derrick was an amazing man. He did so much for the knife community. He will be missed

16. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    In if the winners haven't been picked already. I am just getting in to traditional and would love a shot. Derrick is spoken of well by all who know him. Seems like a great loss to the knife community.

17. ebunnell

ebunnell

May 22, 2007
    i have bought a lot of knives from ksf,and derrick will be missed

18. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    Very sorry to keep you all waiting! I was quite busy last week hosting a friend who was visiting from across the country, and then had to spend the weekend catching up on chores and errands. I will take the time to fully read through everyones responses but I have been super touched by those read so far. Thank you all for making this such a special give away. And without further ado.... After running the random number generator, posts #34 and $48 are our winners!

Thank you all, and especially our two winners blanco and mb, for leaving some kind words for Derrick. I hope you both enjoy these knives immensely! Please PM me your shipping details.

Cheers,
    Jimbo

19. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    Congrats blanco112 and mb! And thank you Jimbo for a great giveaway and thread!

OLd_gUY likes this.
  20. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    No way! I never win stuff! lol

Thx @PNWJimbo. :thumbsup:

NJBillK, Jsega51, Travman and 6 others like this.