Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

I'll put myself in on this. I sure was saddened by the news of his passing. It would have been nice to meet him. His store is just down the road a way from my house now, wish he was there for me to stop in and say hi.

I’m in, thanks for the opportunity. Never met Derrick, but like so many others have mentioned, he really seemed like a wonderful guy.

I'm in. Derrick was a true stand up guy. I remember calling him one time to alert him of a knife that he had the price on their website way under retail. He told me since I caught it that he would sell me one at that price if I wanted it. A great guy that will be missed by this community.

I am in also, I have bougt a few knives from them and watched his videos.

Derrick was a great guy, he would go that extra mile to make sure you were satisfied
Count me in, I would consider myself very blissed, to receive either one of these fine knives.

I found out about this tragedy while I was searching the webs for a Freemont after missing the initial drop earlier this month. I have purchased 6 knives from Derrick and everyone of them were perfect. He was a man dedicated to God and his flock. I'd like to think he's giving EDC choice advice in heaven right about now.

In , great way to honour him...hey Jim how ya doin' been missing ya bud -congrats on sticking to yr guns on the facebook thing...:thumbsup:

Derrick's passion towards our hobby and community can't be measured or overstated. His loss was tragic, but he definitely left his mark on all of us, and we're all richer from the time we had with him.

I never picked up a Northwoods knife. I'm in.

I was very sad to read about his passing, it was so sudden and shocking. I never had the chance to meet him, but I could tell he was an awesome guy. Great way to honor him Jim!

If the GAW is still open, please count me IN. If not, that's cool!

I’m in Jimbo! Derrick was an amazing man. He did so much for the knife community. He will be missed

In if the winners haven't been picked already. I am just getting in to traditional and would love a shot. Derrick is spoken of well by all who know him. Seems like a great loss to the knife community.

Very sorry to keep you all waiting! I was quite busy last week hosting a friend who was visiting from across the country, and then had to spend the weekend catching up on chores and errands. I will take the time to fully read through everyones responses but I have been super touched by those read so far. Thank you all for making this such a special give away. And without further ado.... After running the random number generator, posts #34 and $48 are our winners!

I never met Derrick but his passion and respect for this hobby, his business and his customers was always obvious and as a result was a go to shop for me. He will be missed.

In and thank you for a great giveaway, Jimbo.

I’m in. Thanks for an incredibly generous GAW.

It was such a shock when I heard about this news. Derrick was such a positive influence in the community. Also a reminder to never take a day for granted...you just never know.

Thank you all, and especially our two winners blanco and mb, for leaving some kind words for Derrick. I hope you both enjoy these knives immensely! Please PM me your shipping details.

Cheers,
Jimbo

Back