Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

Please count me in. Derrick was a great man and will be sorely missed in the knife community. Thanks PNWJimbo PNWJimbo for your thoughtfulness and generosity!

Not an entry, please.
A wonderful GAW in honor of a very special man. Thank you Jimbo.
Thank you Derrick. RIP.
20161102_103319.jpg

Never met Derrick in person, just phone and email. Heck of a guy and family man. He was a giant in the knife business, and will be greatly missed.

I am in.

The day he passed I searched to see what I could find out.. why.. what happened. During that search to find out what happened, I was surprised to see that he had a Doctorate in Theology. Here's a link to his blog if anyone is interested in reading or listening to some of his sermons. Also learned that he was originally from the Kansas City area, as am I. I never met him in person, but like many others was shocked and saddened by his passing.

I'm in for the giveaway please. I missed out on these :(. I tried to get a stag but wasn't quick enough...several times over.

Link to Dr. Derrick Bohn blog: http://spilledwine.org/about-me/

Thanks for the chance Jimbo :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cbr1000, thank you for posting this link. I've started reading through the blog and I'm seeing a side to Derrick Bohn (Dr. Derrick Bohn!) that I knew nothing about. I hope his family and friends are comforted by his great faith in Christ and in knowing he really is in a much, much better place.

'But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.' - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

I’m in please.

I never met Derrick, but spoke with him on the phone a number of times. He was always friendly, professional, and enthusiastic about what he did. So sorry to see him go.

I understand the feeling. I never met the man personally, but through his passion for knives, creative designs and the passion he conveyed through his social media content, it felt like I knew him.
It's a very generous gesture for you to do something like this to commemorate the spirit of such an honorable and kind man.
As others have said, count me IN

In please.
I've only been in the knife game a couple of years, but was already familiar with Derrick through his web site and his videos as a customer. I wish I had the chance to meet him. My deepest condolences to his family. The knife community lost a great guy.

I was very saddened to hear of Derrick’s passing. I was actually the winner of one of his giveaways..... I came up with the title of the Willamette Whittler and he sent me the knife with cocobolo covers. I liked it so much that I bought one in blue camel bone as well. My brief interaction with him mirrors what I’ve seen from everyone else. He was one of the most generous, positive persons I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in my life.

This is an extremely generous giveaway but the truth is, I’ve already won a giveaway in Derrick’s name.

a9vk2x.jpg

24bvx4w.jpg

I made my first order with KSF a couple of weeks before Derrick passed away? There was an error on my order and Derrick himself actually called me right away to get it straightened out. He was extremely nice as easy to talk to.

Please count me in. Thanks.
Larry

I'm in. I met Derrick when my wife & I spent some time in Portland for part of our honeymoon & I made a deal with my wife that I would take her to the mall if she'd go out to Hilsboro with me & visit Derricks store. We chatted for quite some time & he gave me some KSF stuff & I bought a knife or 2 from him. Great guy & he will be missed!

I never met Derrick but I have ordered several knives from KSF and always got excellent service . I will say the knife community lost a great one for sure and prayers go out to his family . I really hope they can continue the northwoods legacy .

Thank you ,
J.T.

I’m in.
I was also very saddened to learn of Derek’s passing. It was Knivesshipfree that got me into traditional folders several yrs back. The kids first knife program which I thought was awesome I donated to it. Another cool thing I just learned about him was that he was a private pilot. And now I hear a PHD, just wow. You will be missed Derek, God Speed.

I'll never forget a line in one of his videos...."just use your knife". I always loved the simplicity in that statement. It made me start carrying my GEC's more and stare at them less. Great enthusiasm that will always be missed.

I'm in and thanks for the opportunity.

I never met Derrick, but he was one of the few that kept the quality pocket knife market alive. I always loved how he refused to compromise and never put out mass-market type knives. He'll be missed, but the torch that he helped bear for a long while has been passed on and this community is better for it.

Thank you for your most generous giveaway, Jimbo. I'm in.

I'm in. This is a very generous gesture and it's nice to honor the memory of someone who had such an impact on the knife community.

I'm in.

I also only talked to him by phone. He was a nice guy. He also had my number when it came to buying knives. I always got the impression he was as much a knife knut as I was and I imagine he would have been an easy guy to like in real life. He went too soon but as these things go he left a tremendous legacy. He was sure well liked around here. I wish all the best to his family and friends.

Joe

I’m in please. I’ve owned a lot of Northwoods knives and I think the Fremont was one of the best. Derrick had a great passion and really took Northwoods in a great direction with GEC.

Thanks for the chance. I talked to Derrick and few times on the phone. KSF was one of the first places I really ordered a quality knife. It breaks my heart seeing his daughters posts on FB. We lost a good one.

Back