Design a RAT Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
manual in milimeter block

Bulldog.jpg

Here are the drawings of some knives I've made. Thought I'd enter them just for fun. Will have more drawings in a few days of knives il be making next. Each square is .5cm, or about 1/5th of an inch (damn it Nixon!).

rat1.jpg

Blade is about 3.5 inches, just under 8 overall. It's role in the RAT line would be a bushcraft knife for people with hands too large for the rc-3, or people that don't like ricasos. Stock is 1/8th of an inch, with 1/8th micarta scales and spacers for a very light belt knife that can ride high in your belt under your shirt without rubbing or feeling top heavy. If you skeletonized it you could go for shaped 1/4th scales.

bushrat.jpg

This is the scandi version of the above. There arnt many manufactures that make high value mid ranged scandi knives. A place between Mora's and customs. Frankly a knife like this in rowen 1095 would be sweet. I just noticed I messed up a bit when drawing over it in photoshop. The blade should be thinner than this. I'll fix it when I do the other drawings.

ratroachcopy.jpg

Roachbelly I made and quite like. Not many people manufacturing roach bellys either. Bring em back! blade is about 2.75 inches, smidge over 6 inches, so its doable as a pocket or neck knife as well. scales layerd 1/8th g10

rat2u.jpg

Not much of a chance of this one winning because it dos'nt fill any RAT niche roles. But I like it, A very cute knife. Most non-knife people peg it out as their favorite just because its so friggen cute. Look at that little bugger, just wanna snuggle it. Blade is around 2.5 inches 6.25 overall

dscf0097.jpg

Group shot of the "almost" finished knives. Still need to do more cleanup.

Nice stuff Naturalist.

Dimension refers to the milimeter block.
It is kerambit style, kerambit has synonym kuku macan (means tiger claw).
But, this one is "bear claw", anyone who knows well about animal will realize which claw is deadliest and strongest.
This is RAt kerambiT or RAmbiT

CopyofRambit.jpg
[/IMG]
"the glass breaker" is not for glass, its for skull, eyes, ribs etc.
Blade material: 1095

@munky, thanks Bro

Last edited:
I want to have a useful merchandise from RAT.
Here is my thought, a key chain folding knife.
CopyofKeychainknife.jpg

Left side is opened, the right side is closed.
Material for blade: 1095
Handle/case: titanium mirror polish?

Last edited:
You may say, it is copy of Nessmuk outdoor knife.
Blade material: 1095, handle micarta
CopyofBungmuk.jpg

The fact, Nessmuk knife style also occurs in Kalimantan/Borneo. It has been used by native people of Kalimantan as kitchen knife for hundred years. They called it as pisau/piso (knife) "bungkul". So i will call this RAT outdoor knife as "Bungmuk".
Here is my "bungkul" knife, made by local blacksmith of Central Kalimantan, near to Barito River. I bought it one years ago.
At first, my wife underestimate it, but then she loves it.
DSC00137.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a neck knife.
a Rat Neck

Two holes created for lanyard and also if we want to have wood scale handle.

CopyofNeck.jpg

Flat grind of 1095

Last edited:
We're going to close this thread but keep it as a sticky until we decide what we're going to do. I've never seen so many designs thrown into a thread at once!

I'm also sneaking in a last minute entry for my buddy killstew.

This is not my design!! Just helping him out by posting it.

1258681305.jpg

1258681302.jpg

Plan on 1095 with standard RAT coating. Crosshatched micarta handles held on by allen head pins. Thumb notches on the top of the handle by the blade & notches on the bottom of the handle for chopping or reverse grip. The back of the blade has a short false edge & a bottle opener or lashing hook torward the handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back