Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

eqXuyaC.jpg

I used the short blade to spear some donut holes at an antique mall (big sale). They had tongs out, so I didn't feel I should use my fingers, but I didn't want to handle the same tongs as a bunch of potential sickos.

Last edited:
82 is making short work of fresh offa the tree mini plums after lunch snak.
Mite let it tackle a peach after lunch snak, next ...
A patina is starting to form. :) I know I could get one quicker spreading mustard, tomato smoothie, or stirring home made lemonade/limeade, but that would be "cheating", correct?View attachment 1640044

Last edited:
82 is making short work of fresh offa the tree mini apercots after lunch snak.
Mite let it tackle a peach after lunch snak, next ...
A patina is starting to form. :) I know I could get one quicker spreading mustard, tomato smoothie, or stirring home made lemonade/limeade, but that would be "cheating", correct?View attachment 1640044
Pawpaws don’t add much to a patina either, but it won’t stop me trying…
(I posted this picture earlier today in another thread)

What a great question. For me it's cutting fruits up for my kids daily. Other than that, opening the mail and boxes.

Was stapling some reflective tape on a few cedars near our house. There's a couple of young Downy Woodpeckers that like to bother my cedar shingles.
The little Nessmi came in handy cutting the tape after I'd stapled it. I didn't have a spare hand to dig around in my pocket, and I'd dropped my not to be discussed knife. ;)
eDnTay7.jpg

The pigeons, I count 23 on the roof, aren't bothered by much of anything. The price I pay for feeding the birds is more pigeons than I can shake a stick at.
ifrdtJA.jpg

My capuchin cut various kinds of tape at church.
(We're in a tent in the parking lot till September, so there's caution tape and gaffer's tape. We own the tent, because that was cheaper than renting it all last summer, and apparently a lot of people liked the tent services last year, and some people still don't feel safe in an enclosed crowd.)
EnuujFz.jpg

And it blithely sundered some wild grape vines this afternoon.

I almost wonder why our ancestors thought we needed back-springs.
I have the same knife!

Used the Barlow's pen blade to open an new Amazon box containing a case a 24 Chicken Ramin Noodle for snacks, 8 ounce bottle of genuine original recipe 3-In -One oil, and a (black, b'cause it ain't available in camo) <$30 dovetail CNC'd long arm aluminum micro adjust bow sight. 😇 😁

Was stapling some reflective tape on a few cedars near our house. There's a couple of young Downy Woodpeckers that like to bother my cedar shingles.
The little Nessmi came in handy cutting the tape after I'd stapled it. I didn't have a spare hand to dig around in my pocket, and I'd dropped my not to be discussed knife. ;)
eDnTay7.jpg

The pigeons, I count 23 on the roof, aren't bothered by much of anything. The price I pay for feeding the birds is more pigeons than I can shake a stick at.
ifrdtJA.jpg
You can trap them easy with cracked corn and a trap in like a few days…then drive them 50 miles away and let them go and they will return. Tired and hungry 😂
I used my knife to open a package…with another knife in it…trimmed a couple plants with some Sak scissors, used the nail file…usual day :)

I cut a dowsing fork with Blakesnake. Somebody lost a nice knife at the farm, and we couldn't find it with rakes and garden forks.
Try a "fishing" magnet or metal detector?

Ruins the whole week or month to lose even a junk knife when working. Losing a nice/good one is even worse. Almost as bad as losing a kid. :(

Try a "fishing" magnet or metal detector?

Ruins the whole week or month to lose even a junk knife when working. Losing a nice/good one is even worse. Almost as bad as losing a kid. :(
My brother has one of those rolling magnets for picking up nails, but he doesn't know where it is (runs in the family, I guess). Nobody's mentioned having a metal detector.
The missing knife is a benchmade.

Back