Discontinued Becker knives

Which one do you think should be brought back?

• BK1 Brute

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • BK4 Machax

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • BK5 Magnum Camp

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • BK6 Patrol Machete

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • BK12 Doug Ritter

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • BK20 Bundock Bowie

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • BK29 Moses Bowie

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • BK3 Tac Tool

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • BK15

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • BK17

Votes: 16 14.8%

• Total voters
when did the BK3 get discontinued? its still listed on KaBar's site and in stock in most places?

trying to validate this before i panic buy one or more haha

as for the vote, there are two key options missing BK8! and of course "All of them..."

Regarding the 3 - I thought I read it was being discontinued...but it is still available at a number of places

I've seen "discontinued by manufacturer" on several websites too, but i called Kabar customer service this morning and they said its still in production... so now im just confused

Jonny1280

Gold Member
Super easy.

Dear Ka-Bar,

- Bring back the Machax. Period.
- Bring back the Magnum Camp. Period.
- I’m partial to the Moses Bowie so if you could bring that back that would be nice.
- Bringing back the Patrol Machete would definitely be a boss move. So do that too please.

Thank you so much,
Jonny1280

I now own my 2nd BK6, (paid too much for it), but it was new in the box. My 1st was used, and bent when I got it, right at the handle to blade region. It did straighten out though. :)
sLcg2Fn.jpg

3YgzTOX.jpg
Hi, I’ve got the chance to get a BK6 in the box with the rubber cement still on the edge, how far should I go with the offer. I can’t find any for comparison on the web.

Crag the Brewer

Gold Member
Hi, I’ve got the chance to get a BK6 in the box with the rubber cement still on the edge, how far should I go with the offer. I can’t find any for comparison on the web.

Lots of people here would be jealous of you......
but from what I hear, here...... It's more for lighter work.... sticks and weeds/etc.

people say to shy away from HEAVY use, and battoning.
and remember it's discontinued so it has some collectors value. ;)

I'd Love it if Kabar would bring about a modern version of This..... PLEASE.

* And I'm pretty sure according to "House Rules" we can't discuss $$$ unless You are a gold Member?
Sorry.

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Platinum Member
I agree with Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer . Light use only. I hunted one down and bought it brand new for either $200 or $250. I don’t know if that’s a good price, it’s what I was ok with spending. I immediately started using it hard and sank it deep in a stump. I pulled it up hard not thinking twice and it flexed significantly a little bit above the scales. I could’ve sworn I ruined it but it went back into shape. I haven’t used it like that since.

I’d love one that’s almost a quarter inch thick. 😎