Do Beckerheads only use Becker knives?

To be fair, Rock-n-Roll Knife and Tool is now Gold Knives, and that is Daizee... for a while I WAS his secondary market I think. I actually need to get ahold of that pirate.

And Ver Steeg Blades is our own AverageIowaGuy from Michigan.

You have owned 3,500+ knives?? My goodness, congratulations!

No, I've OWNED over 5,000.

I currently HAVE over 3,500. Probably closer to 3,600. Haven't made a hard count in over a year.

I will buy "lots" of knives to get 1 or 2 out of the mix and then pass the rest on.

The "most extreme instance" I ever did was buy a box of 60+ knives for less than $60, shipping included, because in the pictures I could see 1 that I wanted for my collection. Got the box in, took "my" knife out and started looking the rest over to see what else was there. Mainly China, Pakistan, India junk, but there were some nice Bucks in the mix as well. Then way down in the bottom of the box were a couple of old straight razors. I don't collect those either. I ended up selling the 2 straight razors for about $200 (seems they were kinda hard to come by) and the rest for $3 to $12 @. Ended up making over $350 AND I had the knife I wanted.

I still have a tub full of knives that need to go to new homes, but I haven't gotten around to getting rid of them. Taking the pictures, boxing them up, advertising them, and then selling/shipping them takes time. My mother (82) had a stroke in one of her eyes and has required multiple trips per month over the last 2 years to the doctor (vision is back up to 20/30) for injections of clot buster drugs into her eyeball as well as other medical issue appointments, and then 2 months ago she broke a bone in her foot. Those 2 scenarios have put a damper on A LOT of tasks. Between doctor's appointments, weed pulling, grass mowing, house and barn painting, garden planting, etc., I almost don't have time for work :D much less anything fun.

I undeniably am a Becker fanboy, but yes I regularly use several knives...my always with me EDC is my crappy but reliable Camillus Boy Scout knife I've had since I was 11yo. I also EDC an ESEE Izula, or my beloved BK14. But I also have owned Ontario, Buck, Cold Steel, Ferrum Forge, and a not-insignificant quantity of Beckers, still debating a BK29 order....

While Bessie (stripped and para-wrapped BK14) is always on my hip, I keep an ESEE 3-Mil strapped to my bag at all times. I gifted my ESEE Izula to the lady and my ESEE Candiru to her son.

In the wild, I scout-carry an Ontario Vulpine. If I'm kilted, I also carry two custom sgian dubhs in my sock per traditional Scottish fashion; one is a dagger pointed blade with a leather wrapped handle, the other is Scandi ground with an acid wash on the blade and a paracord-wrapped handle. Pictures to come :p

Well, I ALWAYS carry Beckers.............. except for when I carry one of my ESEEs, Cold Steels, Ontarios, or Bucks...............;)

"Condor" from el Salvador is a good choice, tho.
Personaly I own some of their knives, never got disappointed at all, of course my beckers rules:)

Damit Kentwood, I was just eyeballing the Condors on the bay, I can't get one in good conscience untill I have a Bk16. Brand loyalty. I love my Beckers. Now I have to get the 16 first and then the condor. But which one.... ummmm.

Damit Kentwood, I was just eyeballing the Condors on the bay, I can't get one in good conscience untill I have a Bk16. Brand loyalty. I love my Beckers. Now I have to get the 16 first and then the condor. But which one.... ummmm.
My favorite condor " the Crotalus" mean looking blade...

I definitely don't always use a Becker knife, but have never regretted having one with me.
I often only have just a folder, or Mora on me when I take an impromptu hike around my property.
I took this picture on a recent hike.
Shortly after taking the pic, I wished I did have a Becker knife on me, preferably my 9.

I definitely have and use other knives. I like variety. The BK16 was my favorite knife for a couple years, and my main blade for woods use. Then I picked up a 4, a 14, a 2, an 11, and a 5. At that point, Beckers had overtaken my collection. I realized that I wanted a bit more traditional style, and to have more variety represented. I sold/traded the 5, 2, and 11, so I'm back down to 3 Beckers. I still use them, as they were my first love in the fixed blade knife world, but there are other knives that have usurped them that get more carry.

My three favourite blades: Becker Cinci Machax (all-time favourite), Bravo-1 and an Izula II. With these 3 knives, I feel I have all my bases covered, although I'll have to make room for my BK-3, which is very useful tool, both in the woods and out. Other Beckers I have: BK-2, 2 more 4s (although both Kabar), BK-9, BK-12, BK-14. The only other Becker I would have liked is the BK-20, but alas.......

Beckers seem to be the only fixed blades I buy - I make the rest.
My folders are Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, GEC, SAK.

Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 My Basic 8 came in and it's in Tanker Grey color! It's one sweet knife! I'll think of you when I cut something with it! ha ha

GQz81Dj.jpg

AtMXxMj.jpg

Back