Off Topic Do you carry a back-up knife with you ?.

Hello,

I am one of those who always possess things in pairs, so when it comes to carrying knives, more often than not, I will have a spare somewhere with me.

It is not a matter of being paranoid but I am a firm believer in having a back-up to accommodate all unexpected situations.

So even though there is the main knife, there will always be the second one somewhere.

What about you?

thanks
alexsunny

When I get my large sebenza back from crk I will be carrying it along with its little brother. Right now I'm carrying a xm-18 3.5 and my small sebenza.

I used to carry a backup knife, and still think its a good idea. But lately I've started carrying so many EDC tools (such as mini-screwdriver, knife, pliers, tape measure, pen, file, lighter, nail clipper, mini-flash light, magnifying glass, etc...), that I'm running out of EDC carry space, and so now limit myself to one knife.

Not for normal urban EDC. I have been known to carry two when backpacking in woodland areas, such as a CRK Inkosi in the pack and SAK on me. Otherwise just one.

view

view

I have come to really like the LoomFixer pattern. These are both well worn KA-BAR’s. The two blades compliment a belt knife well.

The belt knives change with my mood. Usually a Buck 110.

Last edited:
In addition to what's in my pocket, I keep a Vic super tinker in my diabetes supply kit which never leaves my side.

I also keep a SOG power assist in my glovebox.

My wit could additionally be considered an edged weapon.

Sort of. I have a utility knife that is used for all basic cutting tasks, and a defensive knife as a back up to my CCW.

Just everyday walking around, I always have a folder in my pocket.

When hiking and camping I always carry two, a folder and a fixed blade.

When hunting I always have three, a folder, a fixed blade, and then there’s the fixed blade that never leaves my pack.

I carry a Vic Rambler on my key ring, more for the other tools than the blade so I suppose I have another blade, small as it might be, as a backup.

My car and my truck each have serrated knives in them. I suppose those are my “full size” backups if I am out of the house.

Back