Do you guys play video games?

Since someone else posted a video, I looked up one for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. When a player dies, you are defaulted to follow another player on your team until you respawn. That is the reason you see the scenes jump around. This game is online only, so these are all live players. Each server is different. On the one I play mostly the Medic class cannot heal themselves.

I never owned a video game console, but I did have an Atari 800 back in the day. It was a super gaming console redesigned as a PC, and it had super sound and graphics (for 1979) but limited ability to run game software — even on cartridges. My second gaming platform was a Windows 95 PC, and I played computer games on that until the turn of the century. My favorite was Heroes of Might and Magic 2, a turn-based fantasy war game. I played it to death because I liked the music. The video clip is the music and home screen from the Sorceress Castle. The lyrics are from Luther's 1545 translation of Psalm 14. Pretty fancy for a computer game!

I liked video games and arcade games when I was younger. My son was and is a fiend for them. He actually works in the general field, something about data collection, etc., for streaming services, I don't understand what he actually does.

But they are so fricken complicated. He would try to show me a game and we'd start and he'd be like, okay, now you're dead. In like 2 seconds. Not too much fun any more.

The four games I've played more than any other are Minecraft, 7 Days to Die, Conan Exiles, and Ark Survival Evolved. All open world sandbox-type games that let you do pretty much anything you want along the way to winning the same, where you start out with nothing and slowly work your way up to building yourself an empire.

I was a hardcore video game nerd growing up. Played constantly, got every achievement, etc. Stopped after the Xbox 360 days. I did get a PS4 a year ago, and started playing here and there when I have time at the end of night sometimes.

Recently played through RE2 Remake, Fallout 4, Shadow of Colossus Remake, and I play some NES/SNES emulators from time to time as well.
There's still a ton I want to get to, and the nice thing about not playing for awhile is that I can buy each game for about $10 now.

Replaying MGSV right now.

Waiting for The Last of Us 2 coming out on the 19th, just played through the original again on grounded difficulty. Also Ghost of Tsushima in July.

Also building a new PC to be ready for Cyberpunk in September! Can't wait.

Replaying MGSV right now.

Waiting for The Last of Us 2 coming out on the 19th, just played through the original again on grounded difficulty. Also Ghost of Tsushima in July.

Also building a new PC to be ready for Cyberpunk in September! Can't wait.
Dude, I love MGSV. The stealth mechanics are just topnotch.

Also anxiously anticipating Cyberpunk.

I never owned a video game console, but I did have an Atari 800 back in the day. It was a super gaming console redesigned as a PC, and it had super sound and graphics (for 1979) but limited ability to run game software — even on cartridges. My second gaming platform was a Windows 95 PC, and I played computer games on that until the turn of the century. My favorite was Heroes of Might and Magic 2, a turn-based fantasy war game. I played it to death because I liked the music. The video clip is the music and home screen from the Sorceress Castle. The lyrics are from Luther's 1545 translation of Psalm 14. Pretty fancy for a computer game!

Might and Magic FTW! Had clouds of xeen and dark side of xeen, combined into world of xeen.

For the time period, those games had no equal. They were clever, funny, had great music and sfx, graphics were excellent for the time. Simply awesome. :thumbsup:

The only thing I don’t get is why every single puzzle had to do with something from Star Trek. Game designer must have been a huge Trekkie.

I’m stuck like chuck on one of the Witcher expansion packs. It’s the thing that looks like the grim reaper. He keeps healing himself every time I hit him with anything and nothing works. Haven’t played it in months due to that.

Before I got stuck there I had set Witcher to the side for years because I was stuck on one part. Everybody thought I was playing the game “again” because of the tv show. I didn’t even know there was a tv show at the time! I was just still playing the game because I had been stuck on it for so long. :rolleyes:

I play video games a lot! I really like them, since they require a lot of personal time, especially multiplayer games. However, it's not funny at all, when u play a lot in the multiplayer games just to raise the rank of your profile which would require a lot of personal time to spend for.
Oh yeah, the “grinding” bit. I’m not too fond of game design that relies on this heavily. That’s why I’m more of a singleplayer man, hehe. :D

If you liked Witcher 3 and RDR2, check out Far Cry 4. Also the Fallout and Borderlands games, and Mass Effect.
Mass Effect original trilogy is phenomenal!!! If you do not mind outdated graphics definitely give Mass Effect a try! Andromeda as a standalone game would be passable but as a part of Mass Effect series is a disaster! I really like Tom Clancy’s games Ghost Recon Wildlands is very good!!! Some of the Assassin’s Creed games are pretty good.

I've played most of the Far Cry series. Good stuff.

I also like puzzle games like The Room (1-3), House of Da Vinci, etc.

World of Warcraft is a guilty pleasure of mine. Some guys at work got me into it. We PVP and talk crap. For the Horde!

I play chess during my lunch hour at work most days. Not much of an online chess player tho.

Back