Do you guys play video games?

Wiitcher 3 was the best game I have played. I like Assassins creed for the story, it is fake history but still interesting.
W3 was SO GOOD. Just no contest.
I just finished AC Odyssey, and I enjoyed it,mostly because of the time period. Writing was extremly bad, especially in the main story, but overall I liked it.

W3 was SO GOOD. Just no contest.
I just finished AC Odyssey, and I enjoyed it,mostly because of the time period. Writing was extremly bad, especially in the main story, but overall I liked it.
Have you tried AC: Origins? I couldn’t finish it, and I’m honestly not sure why LMAO. In terms of mechanics, the game worked well. I suppose I found the story, pacing, and character dev’t wanting. Nowhere near as invested as I was with AC2. Been a while since I played AC though.

Loved Witcher 3, MGSV, and Red Dead 2. Had more than one playthrough of each.

You looking forward to AC: Valhalla? Hehe.

Have you tried AC: Origins? I couldn’t finish it, and I’m honestly not sure why LMAO. In terms of mechanics, the game worked well. I suppose I found the story, pacing, and character dev’t wanting. Nowhere near as invested as I was with AC2. Been a while since I played AC though.

Loved Witcher 3, MGSV, and Red Dead 2. Had more than one playthrough of each.

You looking forward to AC: Valhalla? Hehe.
Haven't tried Origins, no. Really I've been uninterested in AC since after AC3.
Valhalla looks cool(duh), and I really like the period. It doesn't hurt that some of it will be set in Norway either. Buuuut I'm a careful optimist. As I said, the writing in Odyssey was garbage, and there was a lot of ... modern gaming tropes.

Haven't tried Origins, no. Really I've been uninterested in AC since after AC3.
Valhalla looks cool(duh), and I really like the period. It doesn't hurt that some of it will be set in Norway either. Buuuut I'm a careful optimist. As I said, the writing in Odyssey was garbage, and there was a lot of ... modern gaming tropes.
Dang. I suppose I made the right call too in skipping Odyssey.

I enjoy video games and playing chess online. I'm "woodsykush" on chess.com. I think a lot of folks cheat when losing. I would love to play some games with other forum members who, like me, don't cheat. I'd say I was an intermediate player.

I have a love/hate towards Microsoft. I enjoy gaming with a controller and liked the Bungie Halo series a lot. The original Xbox and Xbox360 could be modded and I learned how to do so. This kept me glued to MS until the current generation consoles came along.

Right now I have a Xbox360 and an Xbox One X. I mainly enjoy good shooters. Far Cry 3,4,5. Halo series, Deadspace series, Mass Effect series. COD series. Wolfenstein series. Doom etc.

These days I stay a few years behind the times so I can buy 360 games used for $5CAD and One games for $15CAD. I have never payed full-pop for a game and never will.

Let's play some chess!

Last edited:
I enjoy video games and playing chess online. I'm "woodsykush" on chess.com. I think a lot of folks cheat when losing. I would love to play some games with other aapk members who, like me, don't cheat. I'd say I was an intermediate player.

I have a love/hate towards Microsoft. I enjoy gaming with a controller and liked the Bungie Halo series a lot. The original Xbox and Xbox360 could be modded and I learned how to do so. This kept me glued to MS until the current generation consoles came along.

Right now I have a Xbox360 and an Xbox One X. I mainly enjoy good shooters. Far Cry 3,4,5. Halo series, Deadspace series, Mass Effect series. COD series. Wolfenstein series. Doom etc.

These days I stay a few years behind the times so I can buy 360 games used for $5CAD and One games for $15CAD. I have never payed full-pop for a game and never will.

Let's play some chess!

Deadspace was very good. Other than the meteor defense level, and that one level where you have to thread the needle with that one piece of debris at ridiculous speeds.

At one time I enjoyed playing the Resident Evil games. Now, I don't.

I tried Call of Duty, something or other, and didn't particularly care for that either.

No matter what I try, I always end up going right back to my staples. 7 Days to Die, Minecraft, Conan Exiles, Ark: Survival Evolved. You start with nothing, and you slowly but surely build your way up to having an empire.

What nobody plays Atari 2600 anymore or Nintendo ~ Asteroids, Missile Command ,Defender, Joust, Dig Dug, Q Bert, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Galaga, Zelda, Space Invaders, Pitfall and Super Mario Brothers ~ The Best Games Ever ~ Remember the day Dad brought us home our first Atari 2600....man that was Awesome ~

Last edited:
What nobody plays Atari 2600 anymore or Nintendo ~ Asteroids, Missile Command ,Defender, Joust, Dig Dug, Q Bert, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Galaga, Zelda, Space Invaders, Pitfall and Super Mario Brothers ~ The Best Games Ever ~ Remember the day Dad brought us home our first Atari 2600....man that was Awesome ~

I've got one of those modern Atari versions. But the most memorable games aren't on it, obviously.

I stopped playing modern games around the PS3 era but I still dig retro games. I have a Gameboy that I refurbed and use to play Tetris all the time to this day.

Back when my kids first got to the age when they could start enjoying games I decided to set up a little retro system in our play room so they could start from a earlier stage and build from there like kids of my generation did. We had all the Nintendo Systems and I even picked up a a 36" Sony CRT TV off of craigslist to play them on and enjoy zapper games like Duck Hunt.

F56d5ey.jpg

Speaking of Duck Hunt, when the COVID lock-down first hit my son and I started re-playing an old Wii zapper game that turned out to be loads of fun. It's Link's crossbow training. It actually came free with the zapper back in the day, and there's no story to it, it's just a shooting gallery game. At first it seems like you just blast away, but soon you realize that consecutive hits without missing multiplies your score, and then it becomes a fun challenge. We spent a good couple of weeks perfecting our skills and besting each other's scores, and it's crazy how much fun we had from such a dumb little game. It occurred to me that, as a shooter, I love all types of shooting, whether or not there is a loud bang involved. Playing this game and even just shooting a Daisy BB gun bring enjoyment to the same part of my brain that shooting firearms does. Anyhow, I recommend anyone with a Wii handy picking up this game and giving it a try.

y6fmz3x.jpg

Yeah well.. I enjoyed it overall, but I wouldn't have paid more than the 10-15 bucks that I did.
Ubisoft ruined several games including Odyssey and my long-time favorite Ghost Recon, by adding unnecessary elements like tiered loot and gear level.

I stopped playing modern games around the PS3 era but I still dig retro games. I have a Gameboy that I refurbed and use to play Tetris all the time to this day.

Back when my kids first got to the age when they could start enjoying games I decided to set up a little retro system in our play room so they could start from a earlier stage and build from there like kids of my generation did. We had all the Nintendo Systems and I even picked up a a 36" Sony CRT TV off of craigslist to play them on and enjoy zapper games like Duck Hunt.

F56d5ey.jpg

Speaking of Duck Hunt, when the COVID lock-down first hit my son and I started re-playing an old Wii zapper game that turned out to be loads of fun. It's Link's crossbow training. It actually came free with the zapper back in the day, and there's no story to it, it's just a shooting gallery game. At first it seems like you just blast away, but soon you realize that consecutive hits without missing multiplies your score, and then it becomes a fun challenge. We spent a good couple of weeks perfecting our skills and besting each other's scores, and it's crazy how much fun we had from such a dumb little game. It occurred to me that, as a shooter, I love all types of shooting, whether or not there is a loud bang involved. Playing this game and even just shooting a Daisy BB gun bring enjoyment to the same part of my brain that shooting firearms does. Anyhow, I recommend anyone with a Wii handy picking up this game and giving it a try.

y6fmz3x.jpg
Duck Hunt was amazing!!! That dog laughing at you when you miss!!! I would love to have a gun for current gen. console and shoot em up games!!!

You have far more patience than I do. I hate the impossible controls and unrealistic time restrictions in GTA.

You have far more patience than I do. I hate the impossible controls and unrealistic time restrictions in GTA.
Have you played GTA 5? I found the controls very intuitive. I went from NES, Genesis, and SNES to taking a 20 year break from any newer consoles then got a Wii and PS3 so I definitely never used a controller like that until recently.

Hollow Knight. I bought this for my son, but it's quite challenging. If you have 100hrs to spare sometime, check it out.

download_copy_355x205.jpeg

Back